CNN- 关于面部识别技术的隐私争议

摘要:It's Wednesday, December 4th, and that means one of you helped us write today's show.

Hello, lovely people.

大家好,大家好。

I'm Coy Wire.

我是 Coy Wire。

Welcome to CNN 10.

欢迎收听 CNN 10。

It's Wednesday, December 4th, and that means one of you helped us write today's show.

今天是 12 月 4 日星期三,这意味着你们中的一个人帮助我们编写了今天的节目。

So listen up to see if we chose your unique word to help boost our vocab today.

因此,请听听我们是否选择了您独特的词语来帮助增加我们今天的词汇量。

We've got an action-packed show, 10 minutes of news.

我们有一场精彩纷呈的节目,10分钟的新闻。

Let's get to it.

让我们开始吧。

We start in South Korea, where President Yoon Suk Yeol declared martial law in a surprise TV address on Tuesday.

首先从韩国开始,韩国总统尹锡烈周二在一次令人意外的电视讲话中宣布戒严。

In short, martial law is a temporary rule by military authorities in a time of emergency.

简单来说,戒严是军事当局在紧急状态下采取的临时统治。

Yeol is accusing the country's main opposition party of sympathizing with North Korea by taking actions he says are aimed at inciting a rebellion.

严烈指责韩国主要反对党同情朝鲜,并采取旨在煽动叛乱的行动。

Following the announcement, protests were seen outside the parliament, and South Korea's parliament had voted to block martial law.

该消息发布后, 议会外爆发了抗议活动,韩国议会已投票阻止戒严。

This is a developing story, and we'll have more on this in tomorrow's show.

这是一个正在发展的故事,我们将在明天的节目中对此进行更多探讨。

Next, today concerns are being raised over facial recognition, technology being powered by artificial intelligence used to identify a person from an image or video.

其次, 如今人们对面部识别技术产生了担忧,面部识别技术是由人工智能驱动的, 用于通过图像或视频识别人员。

Now it's technology that's been around for quite some time, and it's part of some of our daily lives.

现在这项技术已经存在很长一段时间了,并且已经成为我们日常生活的一部分。

We might use it to unlock our phones, access our virtual wallets, maybe even prove our identity to get in a shorter line at the airport.

我们可能会用它来解锁手机、访问虚拟钱包,甚至可以证明我们的身份,以便在机场排队时节省时间。

The convenience and security it offers are driving factors in its growing use, but while facial recognition technology is becoming more difficult to avoid in today's world, it is not foolproof.

它所提供的便利性和安全性是其日益普及的驱动因素,但尽管面部识别技术在当今世界变得越来越难以避免,但它并非万无一失。

The tech raises privacy concerns, especially if facial images are collected without consent.

这项技术引发了隐私问题,特别是在未经同意收集面部图像的情况下。

Sometimes individuals can be misidentified due to factors like lighting or angles.

有时由于光线或角度等因素,个人可能会被错误识别。

And did you know that there have been occasions where that has led to the wrong people being accused of crimes?

您是否知道,有些情况下这种情况会导致错误的人被指控犯罪?

Algorithms can also carry the biases of the people who build them, leading to some demographics being targeted more than others.

算法也可能带有算法编写者的偏见,导致某些人群比其他人群更容易成为攻击目标。

On top of all of this, there is little regulation over the technology, and no guardrails governing how this sensitive data is collected, stored, and who has access to it.

除此之外, 对该技术的监管很少,也没有法规来规范如何收集、存储这些敏感数据以及谁有权访问这些数据。

So some have concerns about the data falling into the hands of people with unscrupulous intentions.

因此有人担心数据会落入不法之徒的手中。

CNN's Sara Sidner sat down with the CEO of CLEAR, the company that uses facial recognition and other biometric data like fingerprints to fast track your experience at the airport.

美国有线电视新闻网 (CNN) 的萨拉·西德纳 (Sara Sidner) 与 CLEAR 的首席执行官进行了交谈,该公司使用面部识别和指纹等其他生物特征数据来加快您在机场的体验。

Here's why she thinks facial recognition should be part of everyone's everyday life.

这就是她认为面部识别应该成为每个人日常生活的一部分的原因。

Caryn Seidman-Becker is the CEO of CLEAR, you know, the company with the kiosks at the airport that allows you to skip the other lines for a fee.

卡琳·塞德曼·贝克尔 (Caryn Seidman-Becker) 是 CLEAR 的首席执行官,这家公司在机场设有自助值机亭, 只需支付一定费用, 即可免去其他排队的麻烦。

So, your company is really sort of a disruptor type of company.

所以,你的公司实际上是一种颠覆者类型的公司。

It's there.

它就在那儿。

It's different.

这是不一样的。

You go.

你去。

You get your eye scanned.

对你的眼睛进行扫描。

You get your finger scanned.

您的手指将被扫描。

But once it got really popular, then we, as customers, started getting frustrated because the lines started getting long.

但一旦它变得非常受欢迎,那么我们作为顾客就会开始感到沮丧,因为排队的人越来越长。

What are you doing about that?

对此你准备做什么呢?

I always say, we're obsessed with the member experience.

我总是说,我们非常重视会员体验。

We look at data all day long.

我们整天都在查看数据。

We can see tons of trends.

我们可以看到大量的趋势。

This has been a period of improved member experience over 2024.

2024 年是会员体验得到改善的时期。

We expect to see that accelerate over the next 12 months as we roll out our Face First technology, which is really awesome.

随着我们推出 Face First 技术, 我们预计未来 12 个月内这一进程将会加速,这真的太棒了。

It's in about 12 airports today.

今天大约有 12 个机场有这种飞机。

It's been two weeks, and it is, you know, five times as fast.

已经过去两周了,你知道,速度提高了五倍。

We asked to see that new tech.

我们要求看一下那项新技术。

So, you're in line somewhere.

那么,您在某个地方排队。

It was too fast.

太快了。

I'm done.

我受够了。

We clocked it.

我们记录了下来。

Less than two seconds.

不到两秒。

I think the coolest thing that we're working on is really the concept of the secure identity network.

我认为我们正在研究的最酷的事情实际上是安全身份网络的概念。

How could this end up making life easier, not just at the airport?

这最终能怎样让生活变得更轻松,而不仅限于在机场?

Not only can it make life easier, it is making life easier.

它不仅可以让生活变得更轻松,而且它正在让生活变得更轻松。

So, we want to go from using it multiple times a year in airports, to multiple times a day.

因此,我们希望从每年在机场多次使用它增加到每天多次。

Today, let's just say you live in L.A. You could use it getting into an Uber for rider verification within the rider app.

今天,假设您住在洛杉矶,您可以在搭乘 Uber 时使用它在乘客应用程序内进行乘客验证。

And then let's say you're going to the Intuit Dome to watch a Clippers game with just your face and CLEAR, right, because you are your age and your payment.

然后假设您要去 Intuit Dome 观看快船队的比赛, 只需您的脸和 CLEAR, 对吧,因为您与您的年龄和您的付款相符。

You could check in at a doctor's office with your face.

你可以通过脸部去医生办公室登记。

You're there for your appointment.

您已到达预约地点。

What I see as the ultimate check in at the doctor's office is, your face is your appointment, it's your insurance card that's verified and validated, and then it is also your copay and your credit card.

我认为在医生办公室的最终检查是,你的脸就是你的预约, 是你的保险卡, 经过验证和确认,然后还有你的共付额和信用卡。

Pop quiz, hot shot.

突击测验,热门话题。

What aquatic soft-bodied invertebrates have growth rings similar to tree trunks that can determine their age?

哪些水生软体无脊椎动物具有与树干相似的生长轮,可以确定它们的年龄?

Jellyfish, sea anemone, coral or octopus?

水母、海葵、珊瑚还是章鱼?

Answer is coral.

答案是珊瑚。

A colony of small animals which have similar ring-like growth patterns to trees visible within their skeletons.

一群小动物,它们的骨骼内可见与树木相似的环状生长图案。

Throughout this week, Call to Earth is turning the spotlight on French Polynesia and an organization working to restore coral reef ecosystems around the world.

本周,《呼唤地球》将焦点集中在法属波利尼西亚和一个致力于恢复世界各地珊瑚礁生态系统的组织。

Titouan Bernicot started Coral Gardeners in 2017, cogitating over healthier oceans when he was just 18 years old as part of the Rolex Perpetual Planet Initiative.

2017 年, 年仅 18 岁的 Titouan Bernicot 创立了“珊瑚园丁”组织,作为劳力士恒动地球计划的一部分, 他致力于为更健康的海洋而奋斗。

They are on a to plant one million corals worldwide by the end of 2025, a strategy they've dubbed Odyssey 2025.

他们计划在 2025 年底之前在世界各地种植一百万棵珊瑚,他们将这一战略称为“奥德赛 2025”。

This is Tiaia, one of three permanent ocean-based coral nurseries in Mo'orea.

这是蒂亚亚(Tiaia),莫雷阿岛三个永久性海洋珊瑚苗圃之一。

As Coral Gardeners, both by company name and by profession, these sites are at the core of what they do on a daily basis.

作为珊瑚园丁(无论从公司名称还是职业来看),这些网站是他们日常工作的核心。

Coral gardening is the coolest thing on Earth.

珊瑚园艺是地球上最酷的事情。

You are underwater.

你在水下。

There is nobody talking.

没人说话。

You hear the sound of the parrotfish, like the noise of the waves.

你会听到鹦嘴鱼的声音,就像海浪的声音。

You have those thousands of little coral fragments, and you have the fish.

你有成千上万的珊瑚碎片,还有鱼。

They become your co-workers.

他们成为你的同事。

It's something so tangible.

这是非常实在的事情。

It's such a rewarding feeling to see your tiny coral fragment growing.

看到微小的珊瑚碎片不断生长,真是一种令人欣慰的感觉。

First on the day's to-do list is installing new underwater foundations, a task assigned to Gardeners Loic and Yohan (ph).

当天要做的事情之一是安装新的水下基础,这项任务分配给了园丁 Loic 和 Yohan (ph)。

I think that's -- that's the most physical part.

我认为那是——那是最实质性的部分。

Meanwhile, team members Hannah and Salome collect data from the nearly 6,000 pieces growing in this part of the nursery alone.

与此同时,团队成员汉娜 (Hannah) 和莎乐美 (Salome) 仅在苗圃的这一部分就收集了近 6,000 件植物的数据。

We're looking at the overall health of each fragment for any signs of predation or disease and bleaching signs as well.

我们正在观察每个碎片的整体健康状况,寻找任何掠食或疾病的迹象以及白化的迹象。

And then the last part is out of all the corals that are growing, we have a subsample that we follow and monitor for growth.

最后一部分是, 在所有生长的珊瑚中,我们有一个子样本, 我们会跟踪和监测其生长情况。

Right now is also out planting season, meaning there are healthy and heat-resilient coral ready to be relocated back onto the damaged reef.

现在也是种植季节,这意味着有健康、耐热的珊瑚可以重新移植到受损的珊瑚礁上。

To preserve the health of the colony, they'll take no more than 10%.

为了维护蜂群的健康,它们最多只能捕食 10%。

Taino and I will create a coral rope.

泰诺和我将制作一条珊瑚绳。

That's the process of coral gardening.

这就是珊瑚园艺的过程。

We have the tag, nursery number two, rope number one.

我们有标签、托儿所二号、绳索一号。

That's how we do all the scientific monitoring behind.

这就是我们背后进行所有科学监测的方式。

And they say on average it will take 12 to 18 months for those fragments to grow big and healthy enough to make it back onto the nearby reef.

他们表示,这些碎片平均需要 12 到 18 个月才能长得足够大、足够健康,然后返回到附近的珊瑚礁。

And there you go.

就这样。

It was our dream one day to have a job where you get paid to be on the water and taking care of the place we love the most.

我们梦想有一天能找到一份工作,在水上工作并照顾我们最爱的地方并获得报酬。

And we just made it happen.

我们做到了这一点。

It wasn't a job, but now it's real.

这原本不是一个工作,但现在它是真实的。

Conservation is not obliged to be a part-time job, only volunteering.

保护不一定是一项兼职工作,只需做志愿工作即可。

You can wake up every morning with one single priority and focus, how to save the most important place on earth.

每天早晨醒来,你只需要关注一个问题:如何拯救地球上最重要的地方。

Today's story getting a 10 out of 10, is spaghetti so thin you could walk right pasta and not even see it.

今天的故事满分是 10 分,因为意大利面条太细了,你可以直接走到意大利面条旁边而根本看不到它。

I know this may sound preposterous, but scientists have created a nanopasta, invisible to the naked eye.

我知道这可能听起来很荒谬,但科学家已经创造出一种肉眼看不见的纳米面食。

While it may not make for a filling dinner, nanopastas uses are full of pastabilities.

尽管它可能无法成为一顿丰盛的晚餐,但是纳米面食却具有丰富的可食用性。

All right, I'm done.

好啦,我说完了。

Here's CNN's Jeremy Roth.

以下是 CNN 的杰里米·罗斯的报道。

Scientists at a UK university have created spaghetti so thin it's literally invisible to the naked eye.

英国一所大学的科学家发明了极其细的意大利面条,肉眼根本看不见。

According to a published study, chemists at University College London successfully created nanopasta, spaghetti strands 200 times thinner than a human hair.

根据已发表的研究, 伦敦大学学院的化学家成功创造出纳米面食,即比人类头发细 200 倍的意大利面条。

But how?

但如何呢?

Well, where traditionally spaghetti is made by pushing a flour-water mixture through a metal press, the study says nanopasta is made by pulling threads of flour and liquid through the tip of a needle by an electric charge, producing strands so incredibly small they can't be seen by the human eye or even conventional cameras and microscopes.

传统的意大利面条是通过将面粉和水的混合物推过金属压机来制作的,而研究表明, 纳米面食是通过在电荷的作用下将面粉和液体的线拉过针尖来制作的,产生的线非常小, 以至于人眼甚至传统相机和显微镜都无法看到。

The scientists say they don't see the process being useful for making palatable pasta, instead seeing potential for creating things like smart bandages and aiding bone regeneration.

科学家表示, 他们并不认为这一过程对于制作可口的意大利面有用,而是看到了制造智能绷带和辅助骨骼再生等物品的潜力。

All right, you all submitted so many good words for today's show that we had to pick two of them.

好吧,你们为今天的节目提交了这么多好词,我们不得不从中选出两个。

Congrats to Daniel in Monroe, Louisiana at Neville High School in Coach Reynolds' class for unscrupulous, having or showing no moral principles.

恭喜路易斯安那州门罗市内维尔高中的丹尼尔,他在雷诺兹教练的课堂上表现得毫无道德原则,毫无道德原则。

Well done, sir.

干得好,先生。

And Mrs. Gibson's class at Bernice Ayer Middle School, you submitted cogitate, a verb meaning to think deeply about something.

在伯尼斯艾尔中学吉布森夫人的课堂上,你提交了“cogitate”这个动词,意思是深入思考某事。

Thank you for making us two words smarter today.

感谢您今天让我们的两个词变得更加聪明。

Our school shout-out today is going to those Titans at Northwest Cabarrus Middle School in Concord, North Carolina.

今天,我们向北卡罗来纳州康科德市西北卡巴勒斯中学的泰坦们致敬。

Rise up.

站起来。

Have an awesome day, everyone.

祝大家度过愉快的一天。

We'll see you right back here tomorrow on CNN 10.

我们明天在 CNN 10 频道再见。

来源:英语东

相关推荐