摘要:如果您想用英语谈论自己的个性或描述他人的个性,请观看这期视频。
If you want to talk about your own personality or describe other people's personalities in English language, watch this lesson.
如果您想用英语谈论自己的个性或描述他人的个性,请观看这期视频。
Hello, this is Mattie from Piece of Cake English.
我是来自 Piece of Cake 英语的 Mattie.
And in this lesson, we're going to learn how to talk about personality and character, and we're going to learn 15 adjectives that you can use to talk about personality.
在这一课中,我们将学习如何谈论个性和性格,我们将学习15个形容词,你可以用它们来谈论个性。
First, let's start with the questions.
首先,让我们从问题开始。
If you want to know about somebody's personality, what questions can you ask?
如果你想知道某人的性格,你可以问什么问题?
Well, you can say, "what is... like?" What is... like?
你可以说“what is...like?”什么是......什么样的?
Now, instead of that weird sound "beep", you can use the name of the person.
你可以使用人名代替那种奇怪的“哔”声。
What is Jack like?
杰克是个什么样的人?
What is your father like?
你父亲是什么样的人?
What is your teacher like?
你的老师怎么样?
You can also use this question, "How would you describe... ?", plus the name of the person.
你也可以使用这个问题,“How would you describe...?”,加上这个人的名字。
For example, how would you describe Jack?
例如,你会如何描述杰克?
How would you describe your father?
你怎么形容你的父亲?
How would you describe the president of your country?
你会如何形容你的国家的总统?
How would you describe... ?
你会怎么描述(某个人)?
And the third question you can use is this one, "How do you see... ?" How do you see... ?
你可以使用的第三个问题是,“How do you see……?”你如何看待......?
For example, how do you see Jack?
例如,你觉得杰克怎么样?
How do you see Lisa?
你觉得丽莎怎么样?
How do you see Linda?
你觉得琳达怎么样?
How do you see the president of your country?
你如何看待你国家的总统?
How do you see your teacher?
你认为你的老师怎么样?
So these are the three common questions you can use to ask about somebody's personality, right?
这就是你可以用来询问某人性格的三个常见问题。
But how would you describe someone's personality?
但是你会如何描述一个人的性格呢?
You can use personality adjectives.
你可以用个性形容词。
And to use adjectives, we need to have a verb to be plus the adjectives.
为了使用形容词,我们需要有一个动词加上形容词。
For example, I am funny, I am angry, I am sensitive.
例如,我很有趣,我很生气,我很敏感。
So we need a verb to be plus one adjective.
所以我们需要一个动词加一个形容词。
All right.
好了。
In order to learn 15 different adjectives to talk about personality, I have asked three of my friends to come here and tell us about their personality and character.
为了学习15个不同的形容词来谈论个性,我请了我的三个朋友来这里告诉我们他们的个性和性格。
Let's start with number one Linda.
让我们从第一个人琳达开始。
Hello, Linda.
你好,琳达?
Linda, how do you see yourself?
琳达,你觉得自己怎么样?
How do you see yourself?
你如何看待自己?
I am ambitious, self-confident and generous.
我雄心勃勃,自信大方。
I'm also very impatient.
我也很没耐心。
Some people really like me.
有些人真的很喜欢我。
Others think I'm arrogant or maybe Aggressive.
其他人认为我自大或者有攻击性。
Okay, let's see what she said.
让我们来看看她是怎么说的。
Let's read it together.
让我们一起读读看。
I'm ambitious, self-confident and generous.
我雄心勃勃,自信大方。
What does it mean? Ambitious?
“Ambitious”是什么意思?
Well, someone who's ambitious wants to be successful, wants to reach the top, loves improvement.
有野心的人想要成功,想要达到顶峰,喜欢进步。
Ambitious.
雄心勃勃的。
Are you ambitious?
你有野心吗?
I am.
我是的。
Okay.
好的。
Let's continue.
让我们继续。
Self-confident, what does it mean?
“Self-confident”的意思是?
Well, it means that you have no doubt about your skills and your talents and your abilities.
它的意思是你对自己的技能、天赋和能力感到自信。
You are sure that you are good enough.
你确信自己足够好。
You are self-confident.
你很自信。
She also said that she is generous.
她还说自己很慷慨。
Now, a person who is generous is willing to help other people, likes to help other people, likes to give more than they take.
慷慨的人是指愿意帮助别人、喜欢帮助别人、喜欢给予多于索取的人。
So, a generous person would give money to poor people because they are generous.
所以,一个慷慨的人会把钱给穷人,因为他们很慷慨。
Right?
对吧?
Okay, let's continue.
我们继续吧。
我也很没耐心。
Very impatient, what does it mean?
“very impatient”的意思是?
It means a person who is impatient, cannot wait.
它的意思是一个没有耐心的人。
They hate waiting, so they are impatient.
他们讨厌等待,因为他们没有耐心。
They get angry if they wait for something for a long time, they cannot wait.
如果他们等待某件事很长时间,他们就会生气,他们讨厌等待。
我们继续吧。
有些人真的很喜欢我。
Others think I'm arrogant.
其他人认为我很傲慢。
Others think I'm arrogant or may be aggressive.
其他人认为我自大或者有攻击性。
Now, what is arrogant?
“arrogant”的意思是?
A person who is arrogant thinks that they are better than other people.
傲慢的人认为自己比别人强。
Huh? How dare you talk to me like that?
你怎么敢这样跟我说话?
Hmm, it means I'm arrogant.
这意味着我很傲慢。
I think that I'm better than him.
我觉得我比他强。
So arrogant means you think you are better than all other people?
所以,傲慢意味着你认为你比其他人都好。
Hmm, or aggressive.
或咄咄逼人的。
What does it mean, aggressive?
这是什么意思?
Ah, aggressive is a person who's always angry and mad and who always wants to have an argument.
Aggressive 是指一个人总是生气和生气,总是想要争论。
What did you do?
你做了什么?
Ah, I'm aggressive.
我有些咄咄逼人。
Okay.
好了。
Now, here's another friend of mine, Lucy.
这是我的另一个朋友,露西。
Lucy, how would you describe yourself?
露西,你怎么形容自己?
How would you describe yourself, Lucy?
露西,你会怎么形容自己?
I see myself as hardworking, honest and tolerant.
我认为自己勤奋、诚实、宽容。
Other people probably think I'm a bit dull without much sense of humour.
其他人可能会觉得我有点无趣,没有幽默感。
Let's see what Lucy said together.
让我们一起看看露西说了什么。
我认为自己勤奋、诚实、宽容。
Three adjectives, hardworking, honest tolerant.
三个形容词,勤奋,诚实,宽容。
Who's hardworking?
什么是勤奋的人?
A hardworking person is a person who works really hard, who tries really hard, who puts a lot of effort into what he or she is doing.
“A hardworking person”是指一个工作非常努力的人,一个在他或她所做的事情上付出很多努力的人。
Right?
明白了吗?
Hard-working.
勤奋的。
Okay, so she said she's hard-working.
她说她很努力。
She also said that she's honest.
她还说她很诚实。
It means she never tells a lie, right?
意思是她从不说谎,对吧?
She's always telling the truth. No lying.
她总是说真话,没有说谎。
She also said that she is tolerant, right?
她还说她很宽容,对吧?
She's tolerant.
她是宽容的。
Now, what does it mean when you say that somebody is tolerant?
那么,当你说某人是宽容的时候是什么意思呢?
A tolerant person is a person who can accept other people s ideas, even if they are against his or her own ideas.
宽容的人是能够接受别人的想法的人,即使他们反对他或她自己的想法。
Right?
对吧?
For example, if I am a vegetarian, meaning that I only eat vegetables and I don't eat meat, and a friend of mine is a person who loves hamburgers, I am tolerant.
例如,如果我是一个素食主义者,意思是我只吃蔬菜,不吃肉,我的一个朋友喜欢吃汉堡包,我是宽容的。
If we go out and have dinner together, I order salad, and he can order a hamburger, and we can still be good friends, because I think that we shouldn't eat hamburger, but my friend thinks otherwise.
如果我们一起出去吃饭,我点沙拉,他可以点汉堡,我们仍然可以是好朋友,因为我认为我们不应该吃汉堡,但我的朋友不这么认为。
But I'm tolerant.
但是我宽容的。
It means I accept that we are different.
这意味着我接受我们是不同的
I accept other people's ideas, even if they are against my own beliefs.
我接受别人的想法,即使他们与我的信仰相违背。
I'm tolerant, let's continue.
我是宽容的,让我们继续。
Other people think that she is dull without sense of humour.
其他人认为她沉闷、没有幽默感。
Now, what does it mean when we say somebody's dull?
那么,我们说某人很无趣是什么意思呢?
It means they are oh boring.
这意味着他们很无聊。
They are not funny.
他们并不有趣。
They are dull, without sense of humour.
他们很无聊,没有幽默感。
What is a sense of humour?
什么是“a sense of humour”?
If you have a good sense of humour, it means that you can tell good jokes, you can make other people laugh, you can make other people happy.
如果你有幽默感,这意味着你可以讲好笑话,你可以让别人笑,你可以让别人开心。
You have a good sense of humor.
你真幽默。
And now here's another friend of mine.
这是我的另一个朋友。
Hey Anna, how do you see yourself?
嘿,安娜,你觉得自己怎么样?
How do you see yourself, Anna?
你如何看待自己,安娜?
I'm always cheerful and easygoing.
我总是很开朗,很容易相处。
I'm generally self confident, but I can be insecure sometimes.
我通常很自信,但有时我会缺乏安全感。
Oh, let's see what she said before going on with this video.
哦,在开始这个视频之前,让我们看看她说了什么。
If you are enjoying it, don't forget to give it a thumbs up.
如果你喜欢它,别忘了给它点赞。
Click subscribe if you are new to this channel, and turn on notifications.
如果您是该频道的新用户,请单击订阅并打开通知。
Now let's continue.
现在,我们继续吧。
So what Anna said was this: I'm always cheerful and easygoing.
安娜是这么说的:我总是开朗和随和的。
Hmm, cheerful, what does it mean?
“cheerful”的意思是?
A cheerful person is a person very happy.
一个开朗的人是一个非常快乐的人。
It's another way of saying, to be happy, to be cheerful.
这是另一种表达快乐的方式。
She is very cheerful.
她很开朗。
And she said that she is very easygoing.
她说她很好相处。
It means she doesn't care what other people are doing.
意思是她不在乎别人在做什么。
She lives her own life, and she relaxes.
她过着自己的生活,很放松。
I don't care what people are doing.
我不在乎人们在做什么。
I have my own life. I want to enjoy my own life.
我有自己的生活,我想享受自己的生活。
I'm easygoing.
我很好相处。
Continue.
我们继续。
I'm generally self-confident, but I can be insecure sometimes.
我通常很自信,但有时也会缺乏安全感。
She is generally self-confident, but she can be insecure.
她通常很自信,但有时也会缺乏安全感。
Well, self-confident means to be sure of your own skills and abilities.
“self-confident”是指对自己的技能和能力有信心。
Right? We had this before earlier in this video.
在之前的视频中我们已经讲过了。
But she said that she can sometimes be insecure.
但她说她有时会缺乏安全感。
What does that mean?
这是什么意思?
Insecure is the opposite of self-confident.
“Insecure”是自信的反义词。
So if you are insecure, it means that you do not trust your own skills.
所以如果你没有安全感,这意味着你不相信自己的能力。
You don't think that you are good enough to do something.
你认为自己无法好做某事。
You are insecure, you are not sure of your own abilities.
你没有安全感,你不确定你自己的能力。
And let's continue.
让我们继续。
My friends think that I am very charming.
我的朋友们认为我很有魅力。
Hmm, she is very charming.
她很有魅力。
And charming means to be pleasant, to be lovely.
“charming的”意思是令人愉快、可爱的。
She is charming.
她很有魅力。
It means that her friends enjoy being around her because she is very lovely and pleasant.
意思是她的朋友喜欢和她在一起,因为她非常可爱和愉快。
她很有魅力。
Okay, guys, so here we are.
好了,这就是今天的课程了。
We've learned how to ask about other people's personality, and we learned 15 adjectives.
我们学了如何询问别人的个性,我们学了15个形容词。
Let's review them quickly.
让我们快速复习一下。
Ambitious, self confident, generous, impatient, arrogant, aggressive, hardworking, honest, tolerant, doll have a good sense of humour.
雄心勃勃,自信,大方,不耐烦,傲慢,进取,勤奋,诚实,宽容,娃娃有很好的幽默感。
Of this one's not an adjective, right?
这个不是一个形容词,对吧?
But accept it as an adjective.
但把它当作形容词来接受。
It's not an adjective though.
虽然它不是一个形容词。
Cheerful, easy-going, insecure and charming.
开朗的,随和的,不自信的,和迷人的。
So here's a question for you.
我有个问题要问你。
How would you describe yourself and how do your friends see you?
你如何描述自己,你的朋友如何看待你?
How would you describe yourself, and how do your friends see you?
Try to answer this question using the idioms that we have learned in this video, and leave a comment so that I can give you feedback.
试着用我们在这个视频中学到的习语来回答这个问题,并留下评论,这样我就可以给你反馈。
See you in the next lesson.
我们下节课见。
来源:英语东