CNN- 从拜登总统患病看前列腺癌

360影视 欧美动漫 2025-05-22 07:56 2

摘要:Then my team and I drove up here to Mount Bachelor where it's 20 to 30 degree temperatures and people, including your boy, are ski

What's up, sunshine?

你好!

Welcome to a CNN 10 field trip.

欢迎参加CNN 10实地考察。

I'm Coy Wire here in beautiful Bend, Oregon.

我是科伊·怀尔,在美丽的俄勒冈州本德市向您报道。

Early this morning, I was downtown where people were surfing on the Deschutes River.

今天一大早,我在市中心,那里的人们正在德舒特河上冲浪。

Others were golfing.

其他人则在打高尔夫。

Then my team and I drove up here to Mount Bachelor where it's 20 to 30 degree temperatures and people, including your boy, are skiing.

于是我和我的团队驱车来到这里,登上巴奇勒山,那里的气温在零下20到30度之间,人们——包括你的小伙伴——都在滑雪。

All in the same day.

一切都在同一天。

More on this incredible destination in a later episode of CNN 10.

更多关于这个令人惊叹的目的地将在后续的CNN 10节目中介绍。

It is #YourWordWednesday, so listen up to see if your vocab word helped us write today's show.

今天是#你的词汇星期三#,所以请注意听,看看你的词汇是否帮助我们编写了今天的节目。

Let's get started.

让我们开始吧。

We begin today with a new cancer diagnosis for one prominent man that also shines a light on the estimated 3.5 million men living with the disease every day.

今天我们首先报道一位知名人士的新癌症诊断,这也让大约350万每天与这种疾病抗争的男性受到了关注。

Former President Joe Biden has been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

前总统乔·拜登被诊断出患有前列腺癌。

His office said in a statement that the cancer is, quote, aggressive and has spread to his bones, but also has the potential to be managed with treatments.

他的办公室在一份声明中表示,这种癌症具有侵袭性, 并且已经扩散到他的骨骼, 但也有可能通过治疗得到控制。

The Bidens say they are working with doctors to look into options.

拜登夫妇表示,他们正与医生合作,探讨治疗方案。

Prostate cancer develops in the prostate gland, a small gland within the male reproductive system.

前列腺癌发生于前列腺腺体,这是一个位于男性生殖系统内的小腺体。

After a diagnosis was announced, the Bidens shared a photo on social media saying, cancer touches us all, and he thanked people for their love and support.

在诊断结果公布后,拜登夫妇在社交媒体上分享了一张照片,并表示癌症触及我们每一个人,他感谢大家对他的关爱和支持。

Our Meg Terrell tells us more about this diagnosis for the United States 46th president.

我们的梅格·特雷尔为我们更多地介绍了这位美国第46任总统的诊断情况。

Listen.

听着

Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers in men, and many times it can be very, very slow growing.

前列腺癌是男性中最常见的癌症之一,而且很多时候它的生长速度非常缓慢。

But the way it's characterized is by something called a Gleason score.

但它的特征是由一种称为格里森评分的方法来确定的。

And we learned from President Biden's office that his cancer has a Gleason score of 9.

我们从拜登总统办公室了解到,他的癌症格里森评分为9。

And typically, that describes essentially the way the cells look under a microscope.

而这通常描述了细胞在显微镜下基本上看起来的样子。

And lower numbers, closer to 6, show that the cells look closer to normal.

而较低的数字,接近6,则表明这些细胞看起来更接近正常。

A higher number, closer to 10, suggests they look more abnormal and suggests it is a more aggressive form of cancer.

数字越高,接近10,表明它们看起来更不正常,并提示这是一种更具侵袭性的癌症形式。

And we know from President Biden's office that the cancer has spread to his bones.

我们知道从拜登总统办公室得知,癌症已经扩散到他的骨骼。

They say also that the cancer is sensitive to hormone therapy and that that's a good thing.

他们还说这种癌症对激素治疗敏感,这是个好兆头。

Doctors we spoke with said that that is typical.

我们采访的医生表示,这种情况很常见。

When you first start to treat prostate cancer, often you do see it respond well to therapy that blocks male hormones.

当您刚开始治疗前列腺癌时,通常会看到它对阻断男性激素的疗法有很好的反应。

And a question will be, does that continue to work for the president?

那么问题来了,这对总统来说还管用吗?

They say that will guide really future treatment options, which could include things like chemotherapy as well as radiation therapy.

他们表示,这将指导未来的治疗方案,可能包括化疗和放射治疗等。

So we understand that the president is working with his family and doctors to think about treatment options now.

所以我们知道总统正在和他的家人及医生一起考虑治疗方案。

But prostate cancer is a very common cancer.

但前列腺癌是一种非常常见的癌症。

One out of eight men in the United States are estimated to have a diagnosis of prostate cancer in their lifetimes.

在美国,估计每八名男性中就有一人在其一生中会被诊断出患有前列腺癌。

The National Cancer Institute estimates that more than 300,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2025, and more than 35,000 men will die from the disease.

美国国家癌症研究所估计,到2025年将有超过30万名男性被诊断出患有前列腺癌,且将有超过3.5万名男性死于这种疾病。

But a lot of folks are living with prostate cancer.

但有很多人正在与前列腺癌作斗争。

In 2022, the estimate was 3.5 million people living with prostate cancer.

2022年,估计有350万人患有前列腺癌。

Doctors recommend folks really keep on top of their health, talk with their doctors about their own personal risk factors, and make decisions about whether screening works for them based on the guidelines.

医生建议大家要密切关注自己的健康状况,与医生讨论个人的风险因素,并根据指南来决定筛查是否适合他们。

And everyone, of course, wishing the Bidens the best in this journey.

当然,所有人都祝愿拜登一家在这个旅程中一切顺利。

Biden's diagnosis comes just as his family was preparing to mark a somber milestone.

拜登的诊断正值他的家人准备纪念一个悲痛的里程碑。

May 30th will be 10 years since his eldest son, Beau Biden, passed away from brain cancer.

5月30日将是他的长子贝欧·拜登因脑癌去世10周年的日子。

In recent years, Biden revealed his family believes Beau's cancer was caused by the toxic burn pits that he encountered while serving in the U.S. Army.

近年来,拜登透露其家族认为博·拜登的癌症是由他在美国陆军服役期间接触的有毒焚烧坑引起的。

When he came home after a year in Iraq was diagnosed like many, many coming home with an aggressive and lethal cancer of the brain.

当他从伊拉克回来一年后被诊断出患有像许多回国士兵一样的侵袭性致命脑癌。

We lost.

我们输了。

We have some sense, like many of you do, what the families of these brave heroes are feeling today.

我们感同身受,正如你们许多人一样,深知这些英勇英雄的家人们今日所经历的情感波澜。

You get this feeling like you're being sucked into a black hole in the middle of your chest.

你有种感觉,就像你的胸口正被一个黑洞吸进去一样。

There's no way out.

没有出路。

The Bidens were very candid about their grief and developed a great sense of fidelity for finding a cure for cancer.

拜登一家对于他们的悲痛非常坦诚,并且产生了强烈的忠诚感,致力于寻找癌症的治疗方法。

And it's why in 2016, President Barack Obama tapped his then Vice President Biden to lead the Cancer Moonshot, a national initiative to accelerate progress in cancer research, prevention, diagnosis and treatment.

这就是为什么在2016年, 时任总统巴拉克·奥巴马任命当时的副总统拜登领导“癌症登月计划”, 这是一项旨在加速癌症研究、预防、诊断和治疗进展的国家倡议。

Because he's gone to the mat for all of us on so many issues over the past 40 years, I'm putting Joe in charge of mission control.

因为他过去40年在许多问题上都为我们拼尽全力,我决定让乔负责任务控制中心。

For the loved ones we've all lost.

为了我们失去的亲人。

For the families that we can still save.

为了那些我们仍能拯救的家庭。

Let's make America the country that cures cancer once and for all.

让我们将美国打造成一个彻底治愈癌症的国家。

Biden brought the initiative back when he was president in 2022.

乔·拜登在2022年担任总统期间重启了这一倡议。

One of his goals remains cutting the cancer death rate in half by the year 2047.

他的目标之一仍然是到2047年将癌症死亡率减半。

Pop quiz hot shot.

小测验,热辣挑战。

Which language has the longest alphabet in the world?

哪种语言拥有世界上最长的字母表?

Latin, Greek, Cambodian, or Hawaiian?

拉丁语、希腊语、高棉语还是夏威夷语?

If you said Cambodian, you are correct.

如果你说“高棉语”,那就对了。

Khmer, the official language of Cambodia, has an alphabet that is 74 letters long.

高棉语,柬埔寨的官方语言,其字母表由74个字母组成。

Meanwhile, the Hawaiian alphabet is one of the shortest, at 13.

与此同时,夏威夷字母表是其中最短的,仅有13个字母。

We're about to meet TikTok star, Yuji Paleza, who travels the world putting his language skills to the test by connecting with the people he meets.

我们即将见到 TikTok 明星尤吉·帕莱扎,他周游世界,通过与遇到的人交流来测试自己的语言能力。

He's a polyglot, someone who speaks several languages.

他是一个多语言者,能说好几种语言。

He speaks five of them fluently, 10 languages conversationally, and he can greet folks in dozens more, about 40 languages in total.

他能流利地讲五种语言, 能用十种语言进行对话,还能用另外几十种语言打招呼, 总计约四十种语言。

Check out how he uses spontaneous interactions and linguistic reflexes to break the ice around the world.

看看他如何利用即兴互动和语言本能打破全球的隔阂。

Where are you guys from?

你们来自哪里?

Do you speak?

你会说话吗?

Where are you from?

你来自哪里?

I think I can speak your language, bro.

兄弟,我觉得我能说你的语言。

I interview people from all over the world, speaking their language and putting smiles on their faces.

我采访来自世界各地的人,用他们的语言交流,为他们带来笑容。

This is Yuji Beleza, and he calls himself a wannabe polyglot, a.k.a. a language enthusiast.

这位是Yuji Beleza,他自称是一个“想成为多语言者”的人,也就是语言爱好者。

someone who speaks and understands multiple languages fluently.

一个多语言者。

He says he can speak in around 30 languages conversationally, and he's only 27 years old.

他表示自己能够用大约30种语言进行日常对话,而他年仅27岁。

I speak fluently in English, Japanese, Russian, German, and also Turkish.

我能够流利地使用英语、日语、俄语、德语以及土耳其语进行交流。

Excuse me, if I speak your language, I'll give you Kazakh chocolate.

打扰一下,如果我说你的语言,我会给你哈萨克巧克力。

Do you know him?

你认识他吗?

Yes, he's on TikTok.

是的,他在TikTok上。

I have right now nearly 4 million followers on TikTok and nearly 3 million followers on Instagram.

我现在在抖音上有近400万粉丝,在Instagram上有近300万粉丝。

Say your language.

说出你的语言。

Show us, show us, show us.

给我们看看,给我们看看,给我们看看。

Wow.

哇。

Yuji grew up in a bilingual community in Japan with his Irish mother and Japanese father, but says he never felt completely accepted as a Japanese person.

Yuji在日本的一个双语社区长大, 母亲是爱尔兰人, 父亲是日本人,但他表示自己从未完全被当作日本人接受。

In high school, he went to Ireland for a year and says he felt like an immigrant there too.

在高中时期,他曾前往爱尔兰度过一年,并表示在那里他也感受到了移民的心情。

I had made more friends with actually the Polish and Lithuanian community.

我实际上与波兰和立陶宛社区结交了更多的朋友。

That's one of the reasons I became friends with them.

这是我与他们成为朋友的原因之一。

And basically they were speaking Russian.

基本上,他们说的是俄语。

That was the moment that kind of like sparked my interest in languages.

那是我对语言产生兴趣的瞬间。

In college in Japan, he started studying Russian.

在日本上大学时,他开始学习俄语。

Next, he got a master's in Vienna, where he felt more comfortable with Turkish immigrants.

接下来,他在维也纳获得了硕士学位,在那里他感觉与土耳其移民相处得更自在。

Then I also realized that I need to learn Turkish to become more friends with them.

然后我也意识到,为了和他们成为更好的朋友,我需要学习土耳其语。

I want to really learn this language to understand the people and communicate with the people.

我想真正学会这门语言,以便理解人们并和他们交流。

So that made it easier.

这样一来就简单多了。

It was one of those Turkish friends who encouraged him to start making videos.

正是其中一位土耳其朋友鼓励他开始制作视频。

Now he speaks dozens of languages and interviews people from all over the world speaking their native tongue.

现在他能说几十种语言,并与来自世界各地的人进行交谈,使用他们的母语。

I really enjoy talking to the older generation because they're really wise and they have knowledge, like super, super interesting stories to tell.

我非常喜欢与老一辈人交谈,因为他们非常睿智,拥有丰富的知识,能讲述超级、超级有趣的故事。

Yugi says he thinks that anyone who wants to learn a language should try to step out of the classroom, forget the nerves and just use it.

Yugi认为,任何想要学习语言的人都应该尝试走出教室,抛开紧张情绪,大胆使用所学语言。

Another secret to languages, one is a doorway to the next.

掌握语言的另一个秘诀是,学会一门语言就是通往下一门语言的门户。

Hungarian language is similar to Finnish grammatically.

匈牙利语在语法上与芬兰语相似。

And also Hungarian is very similar to the Turkic, which is a Turkish language.

而且匈牙利语与突厥语系非常相似,突厥语系是一种土耳其语。

And also Turkish language is very similar to Japanese language.

而且土耳其语和日语非常相似。

So every language is kind of connected in a way.

所以每种语言都有某种联系。

Time now for some more inspiration and motivation from graduation commencement season.

现在是时候从毕业季中获取一些更多的灵感和动力了。

This time it's actor, director, and Hunger Games star Elizabeth Banks who delivered the commencement speech at her alma mater, University of Pennsylvania.

这次是演员、导演以及《饥饿游戏》系列电影的主演伊丽莎白·班克斯在她的母校宾夕法尼亚大学发表了毕业演讲。

She came back to give the class of 2025 some solid advice that she learned through the ups and downs of her education and career, like leaning on our values to make important decisions and the importance of gratitude for the support we receive along the way.

她回来给2025届学生提供了一些宝贵的建议, 这些建议是她在教育和职业生涯的起起落落中所学到的,比如依靠我们的价值观来做出重要决定, 以及对我们一路上得到的支持表示感激的重要性。

Today represents an amazing achievement for sure.

今天无疑代表了一个惊人的成就。

But what you're all getting today is not just a diploma, but a safety net.

但你们今天获得的不仅仅是一纸文凭,更是一张安全网。

And I don't just mean the Ivy League degree.

而且我不仅仅是指常春藤联盟的学位。

Nobody here, not a single one of you, got to this ceremony alone, me included.

在座的各位,没有一个人是独自来到这个典礼的,包括我在内。

Somebody encouraged you, loved you, bandaged your skin knee, fed you, taught you.

有人鼓励你、爱你、为你包扎膝盖的伤口、喂你吃饭、教你知识。

All of that support, that's your safety net too.

所有这些支持,也是你的安全网。

And your job from here on out is to pursue anything and everything that scares you with absolute vigor because you have that safety net.

从现在起,你的任务就是以绝对的热情去追求任何让你感到害怕的事情,因为你有那个安全网。

Today's story, getting a 10 out of 10, a football team using their muscle to help their community.

今天的报道,满分十分,一支足球队利用自己的力量帮助社区。

After severe storms and an EF3 tornado caused devastating damage in London, Kentucky over the weekend, the local high school football team answered the call to help.

在上周严重的风暴和EF3级龙卷风给肯塔基州伦敦市造成毁灭性破坏后,当地高中橄榄球队响应号召, 挺身而出提供援助。

Because we want to help our community do whatever we can for them.

因为我们希望帮助我们的社区,尽我们所能为他们做贡献。

We just believe in a stronger community is better.

我们坚信一个更强大的社区会更好。

So whatever we can do to help those that are in need, we will.

因此,无论我们能做些什么来帮助那些有需要的人,我们都会去做。

The North Laurel Jaguars volunteered to clear debris and salvage belongings for the victims of the storm.

北劳雷尔美洲豹队自愿为风暴受害者清理废墟并抢救财物。

Their coach said that they were exhausted, but they even showed up to continue the cleanup the very next morning.

他们的教练表示,队员们虽然疲惫不堪,但第二天一大早仍现身继续参与清理工作。

Way to rise up, team.

团队,崛起的方式。

Now, did you spot your vocab word in the show?

现在,你在这期节目中找到你的词汇了吗?

Today's winner is Miss Nixon, the Travis Hill School in New Orleans for fidelity, meaning faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief demonstrated by continued loyalty and support.

今日获奖者是新奥尔良特拉维斯希尔学校的尼克松小姐,以表彰其忠诚, 即对某人、事业或信念的忠实, 通过持续的忠诚和支持来体现。

Well done.

干得好

We appreciate all of you for submitting an array of admirable, august, and awe-inspiring words each and every Your Word Wednesday.

我们衷心感谢每一位在每周三的“你的词汇”活动中提交那些令人钦佩、庄重且令人敬畏词汇的你们。

Our shout-out today goes to... PS 208 in Queens, New York.

我们今天的特别致意献给位于纽约皇后区的PS 208学校。

Rise up, Penguins.

奋起吧,企鹅们。

We are feeling the Glen Oak spirit.

我们感受到了格伦奥克的精神。

Thanks to all of you for subscribing and commenting on our CNN 10 YouTube channel.

感谢所有订阅并评论我们CNN 10 YouTube频道的观众。

For your shout-out requests, you rock.

对于您的点名请求,您太棒了。

Let's do it again tomorrow, shall we?

我们明天再做一次,好吗?

I'm Coy Wire, and we are CNN 10.

我是科伊·怀尔,这里是CNN 10。

来源:英语东

相关推荐