摘要:A boy asked him, “When did you become an artist?”
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
“成为你可能成为的人,永远不嫌晚。” ——乔治·艾略特
At 63, Tom watched his retirement party with quiet eyes.
63岁的汤姆在退休派对上静静看着一切。
People toasted his career—but something inside him remained restless.
人们为他的职业生涯举杯,但他内心却仍不安。
He had always wanted to paint.
他一直想成为一名画家。
That night, he bought a canvas and some cheap brushes.
那晚,他买了一块画布和几只廉价的画笔。
At first, the strokes were awkward.
起初,他的画笔很生疏。
But each day, he returned to the easel.
但他每天都回到画架前。
Three years later, his work hung in a local gallery.
三年后,他的作品挂在了本地画廊里。
A boy asked him, “When did you become an artist?”
一个小男孩问他:“你什么时候成为艺术家的?”
He smiled and said, “The day I believed it wasn’t too late.”
他笑着说:“从我相信‘还不晚’那天起。”
Summary: “The clock doesn’t stop your dream—you do.”
总结:“阻止梦想的不是时间,而是你自己。”
来源:美萱教育分享