英语经典美文晨读140篇,每天磨耳朵一篇,听说能力惊人!

360影视 国产动漫 2025-08-12 09:57 1

摘要:日积月累的学习才是学好英语最佳途径,为大家准备140篇双语短文供大家学习。涉及方面广,还有音频可以跟读哦。

英语口语·吉米老师说

日积月累的学习才是学好英语最佳途径,为大家准备140篇双语短文供大家学习。涉及方面广,还有音频可以跟读哦。

英语·双语美文

1

Life Is Too Short to Be Little

人生苦短休计较

We men are imperfect beings, so conflicts among usare unavoidable.

我们人类皆是不完美的造物,所以彼此之间必然会起争执。

Inevitably, we sometimes feel injured, insulted, orslighted.

无可避免地,我们有时会觉得受到伤害、侮辱或轻视。

Perhaps we put our faith in another, and weredisappointed; perhaps we felt we deserved one'sgratitude, and were denied;

也许我们曾信任某人却失望了,也许我们曾觉得应该被某人感激却遭拒绝,

perhaps we wished to join ourefforts to those of a group, and were rejected.

也许我们曾希望共同为某团体打拼,却被摒除于外。

Such experiences are painful indeed,but is it not foolish to let them occupy our thoughts andprecious time?

这样的经验的确很痛苦,但任由它们占据我们的思想与宝贵的时间岂不太愚蠢了吗?

For what does it profit us to dwell on trivial matters?

因为心烦琐碎小事于我们有何益处呢?

The priceless days must be spent meaningfully, joyfully.

宝贵的时光必须过得有意义且快乐。

How thoughtless to waste the irreplaceable hours reviewing insignificant incidents, bearing agrudge or pitying oneself!

把一去不回的时间浪费在回顾微不足道的事,怀恨或自怜之上,这样的做法是多么欠思虑啊!

Far better to embrace with gratitude the gift of each day to make the most of every momentby filling it with purpose or appreciation.

带着感恩的心去拥抱上帝所赐的每一天—也就是要有目的或心存感激地充分利用每一分每一秒—这样的做法才一更好。

Consider this thought when next you feel tempted to nurse a grievance: that life is too shortto be little!

下次你心生怨言时,想想这一点:“人生苦短休计较”

2

The Man and the Opportunity

人与机会

The lack of opportunity is ever the excuse of a weak, vacillating mind. Opportunities! Every life is full of them.

意志脆弱优柔寡断的人,总是以缺乏机会作为借口。机会!在每个人的生活当中,无处不在!

Every lesson in school or college is an opportunity. Every examination is a chance in life. Every business transaction is an opportunity - an opportunity to be polite, an opportunity to be manly, an opportunity to be honest, an opportunity to make friends. Every proof of confidence in you is a great opportunity. Every responsibility thrust upon your strength and your honor is priceless. Existence is the privilege of effort, and when that privilege is met like a man, opportunities to succeed along the line of your aptitude will come faster than you can use them.

学校里的每一节课都是一次机会。每一场考试都是人生的契机。每一次商务往来都是一次机会--一次礼貌待人的机会,一次果敢行事的机会,一次诚实守信的机会,一次广交朋友的机会。每一份对你的信任,对你都是一次莫大的机会。基于你的才干和声望而寄予你的每一份责任,都是无价的。生存是奋斗赋予的特权,而当你如男子汉一般邂逅那份殊荣时,一个个发挥你聪明才智、助你获取成功的机会便会接踵而至,令你应接不暇。

Young men and women, why do you stand here all the day idle? Was the land all occupied before you were born? Has the earth ceased to yield its increase? Are the seats all taken? The positions all filled? The chances all gone? Are the resources of your country fully developed? Are the secrets of nature all mastered? Is there no way in which you can utilize these passing moments to improve yourself or benefit another? Don't wait for your opportunity. Make it, make it as Napoleon made his in a hundred "impossible" situations. Make it, as all leaders of men, in war and in peace, have made their chances of success. Make it, as every man must, who would accomplish anything worth the effort. Golden opportunities are nothing to laziness, but industry makes the commonest chances golden.

年轻人啊,为何你们整日裹足不前而虚掷光阴?难道在你们出生之前,每一寸土地都已被他人所占据?难道地球已不再繁衍生息?难道所有的席位都已另有归属?所有的职位都已人满为患?所有的机会都一去不返?难道你国内的资源都已开发殆尽?难道大自然的奥秘都已了如指掌?难道你无法抓住这些转瞬即逝的时机来改善自我或者造福他人?切莫株守机会。去创造它,正如拿破仑在无数次绝境中创造自己逢生的机会一样。去创造它,正如战争或者和平年代的领袖们创造他们取得胜利的机会那样。去创造它,人人必须如此,任何人都能获得应有的回报。对于懒惰来讲,天赐良机也会化为乌有;对于勤奋而言,即使是微不足道的机会,也会变得金光闪闪!

3

Have Faith in Others

相信别人

Belief is a happier state of mind than doubt andsuspicion.

相信乃是一种比怀疑与猜忌更快乐的心态。

By this I live, for if I don't have faith in others, whowill believe in me?

我就是本着这个信念做人处世,因为我若不信任他人,谁又会信任我呢?

I would rather believe in a thousand people, friendsand strangers, and have 999 fail me than notbelieve.

我宁可信任千个人,不管是朋友或陌生人,而且我宁可有999个人辜负我,我也不愿对人不信任。

If many fail me, I remember how many I failed.

如果众人辜负我,我会记得自己曾辜负了多少人。

This is not to say that the blind belief of sentimentality,the so—called"tolerance" of thedishonest and vicious, is sensible or rewarding.

这并非是说,对于滥情的盲目相信,即所谓对不诚实和邪恶的容忍是明智或值得的。

There are some dark corners which do not react to sweetness and light.

总有一些黑暗的角落,在这里任凭你怎么和蔼讲理都是不起作用的。

Belief in people should be accomplished with open eyes and clarity of judgment.

相信别人应该要睁亮双眼并有明确的判断力。

But when your judgment proves bad rather than good,it's no reason to walk thereafter withsuspicion as a companion.

但你的判断若证明是错的而非是对的,那也没有理由就此便一直心存怀疑。

None knows another's heart, his grief, his struggle,his despair and motivation.

别人有什么样的心地、所悲为何、为什么奋斗、为何绝望、有什么动机,这些都是我们无法了解的。

Not all our geese become swans, but one swan atones for many flocks of geese.

我们周围的芸芸众生并非个个都会成大器,但这些芸芸众生中只要有一个成大器就够了。

All men share pain and mortality; some bear these better than others.

所有的人都会遭遇痛苦与死亡,只不过有些人更善于承受罢了。

And multitudes have perished spiritually for the lack of another's belief in them.

而许多人因为无法获得别人的信任而在精神上形同死亡。

So,I would rather be disappointed than afraid of disappointment.

因此,我宁可因他人负我而失望也不愿害怕失望而不信任别人。

4

For the Sake of Other Men

为别人而活

Strange is our situation here upon earth.

我们在地球上的处境真是奇妙。

Each of us comes for a short visit,not knowing why,yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose.

我们每一个人都是为了一趟短暂的旅程而来,也不知道是为了什么,但有时候似乎又猜想是有其目的。

From the standpoint of daily life,however, there isone thing we do know:

然而从日常生活的观点来看,我们可以确知一点,

that man is here for the sake of other men-above all for those upon whose smile and well-beingour own happiness depends,

那就是人生在世是为了别人而活,尤其是为了那些我们的快乐与否取决于他们的微笑及幸福的人而活;

and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond ofsympathy.

也为着无数不知名的人而活,他们的命运藉由同胞之情的维系与我们结合在一起。

Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of myfellow men,

一天中有许多次我会认识到自已外在和内在的生活大多依赖国人的劳力,

both living and dead,and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as muchas I have received.

不管他们是否在世或已过世,也认识到我必须要多么认真努力才能同等回报我所获得的一切。

My peace of mind is often troubled by the depressing sense that I have borrowed too heavilyfrom the work of other men.

我对别人的付出亏欠太多了,而这种挫折感常困扰我心灵的平静。

To ponder interminably over the reason for one's own existence or the meaning of life ingeneral seems to me, from an objective point of view, to be sheer folly.

对我而言,从客观的角度来看,不断思考自己为何会存在于世,或者生命的一般意义究竟为何,似乎是非常愚蠢的。

And yet everyone holds certain ideals by which he guides his aspiration and his judgment.

然而每个人都拥有某些理想,他藉由这些理想引导自己的愿望与判断力。

The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the joy of living are goodness,beauty, and truth.

这些一直在引导我且令我充满生活乐趣的理想便是真、善、美。

To make a goal of comfort and happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics builton this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle.

我从未想过要以过着舒适安逸的生活为日标;若以这个墓础来建立一套道德观的话,这种道德观仅适用于牛群。

5

A Key to Happiness

快乐之钥

To help others,you don't have to be an efficientexpert in the art; the main thing is the intention.

你若想助人,并不一定要在助人的艺术方面猛下工夫,重要的是你有没有一颗助人的心。

You may be crude and clumsy, wasteful andineffective, but if you sincerely try to help, yourattempt produces nothing but good.

你或许粗里粗气,笨手笨脚,徒劳又无成效,但你若真心想帮忙,你的努力只会带来善果。

The one you are trying to help knows your intention and is strengthened and encouraged bythe magic of your sharing.

你想要帮助的人得知你有心相助时,会因为你共担困苦的魔力而变得坚强振作。

In nearly every case,your simple desire to help,converted into action,produces the goodsought.

你单纯的助人之心每次付诸行动时,几乎都会产生预期的善果。

But perhaps the greatest good is the good that you yourself get out of the attempt.

但或许最大的善果却是你从自己努力助人的企图中所得到的善果。

Service to others delivers more joy to you than the joy you deliver to them.

帮助别人所带给你的快乐要多过你带给别人的快乐。

In doing good,you free yourself from the terrible burden of self; you escape from yourself intoa clean world of joy and light.

行善时,你便摆脱了以自我为本位的可怕重担,而进入一个充满喜悦及光明的清新世界。

The good you simply try to do, regardless of the outcome, is always a success inside yourself.

你一心想行的善,不论结果如何,在你心中始终就是一种成功。

Unselfish giving is your most efficient formula for happiness, for you have embraced Eternityinstead of Self;

无私的施舍乃是获得快乐最有效的法则,因为你拥抱的是“永恒”而非“自我”;

you have felt Life, and you are now the world bigger than you were before you began theproject.

你感受到“生命”的存在,而你现在的世界也比你开始行善前还要开阔。

6

The Happy Door

开启快乐之门

Happiness is like a pebble dropped into a pool to setin motion an ever-widening circles of ripples.

快乐好似扔入池子里的一颗石头,会激起不断扩散的阵阵涟漪。

As Stevenson has said,being happy is a duty.

正如史蒂文森所言:“快乐是一种责任。”

There is no exact definition of the word happiness.

快乐这个字眼并没有精确的定义。

Happy people are happy for all sorts of reasons.

快乐的人可以因种种理由而快乐。

The key is not wealth or physical well一being,since we find beggars, invalids and so calledfailures who are extremely happy.

其关键并非财富或健康,因为我们可以发现有些乞丐、病弱的人与所谓的失败者他们却是非常快乐。

Being happy is a sort of unexpected dividend.

能快乐就是一种意想不到的好处。

But staying happy is an accomplishment, a triumph of soul and character.

而能保持快乐却是一项成就,也是心灵与品德上的胜利。

It is not selfish to strive for it.

努力追求快乐不算是自私。

It is, indeed, a duty to ourselves and others.

事实上,追求快乐不仅是对自己也是对别人的一种责任。

Being unhappy is like an infectious disease;it causes people to shrink away from the sufferer.

郁闷不乐就像是一种传染病;得了这种病的人大家都避之如蛇蝎。

He soon finds himself alone, miserable and embittered.

他很快就会发现自己孤单、痛苦、难过。

There is,however, a cure so simple as to seem,at first glance, ridiculous: If you don't feelhappy, pretend to be!

不过,有一种很简单的治疗方法,乍看之下似乎很可笑:那就是如果你觉得不快乐,就假装快乐吧!

It works.

这个方法很有效。

Before long you will find that instead of repelling people,you attract them.

你很快就会发现自己非但不会赶人走,反而还能吸引人。

You discover how deeply rewarding it is to be the center of wider and wider circles of good will.

你会发现能成为广结善缘的中心人物,这是多么值得的事。

Then the make一believe becomes a reality.

于是原本的假快乐就变成了真快乐。

You possess the secret of peace of mind,and can forget yourself in being of service to others.

你拥有心灵平静的秘诀,能够忘情于服务人群之中。

Being happy, once it is realized as a duty and established as a habit,opens doors intounimaginable gardens thronged with gratefuls friends.

一旦快乐被当作一种责任来履行并养成习惯时,它就会开启大门引领我们进入想像不到的花园,而里面都是满怀感激的朋友。

7

Adcice to a Young Man

给年轻人的建议

Remember, my son,you have to work.

小伙子,请你牢记,你必须工作。

Whether you handle a pick or a pen, a wheel一barrow or a set of books, you must work.

不管你握着的是一把十字镐或一支笔,一辆手推车或一套书,你都必须工作。

If you look around,you will see the men who are themost able to live the rest of their days without workare the men who work the hardest.

如果你环顾四周,会发现不必工作却最有能力度过余生的人乃是工作最勤奋的人。

Don't be afraid of killing yourself with overwork.

别害怕会过劳致死。

It is beyond your power to do that on the sunny side of thirty.

不到三十岁的人是不可能过劳而死的。

They die sometimes,but it is because they quit work at six in the evening,and do not gohome until two in the morning.

这些人有时候会早逝,但那是因为他们晚上六点收工,直到凌晨两点才回家呀。

It is the interval that kills, my son.

小伙子,就是这些工作之余的时间使这些人丧命啊。

The work gives you an appetite for your meals;it lends solidity to your slumbers; it gives youa perfect and grateful appreciation of a holiday.

工作会令你食欲大振,帮助你安然入睡;工作会使你十分感谢你有假日。

There are young men who do not work, but the world is not proud of them. It does not knowtheir names,even.

有些年轻人并不工作,但世界并不以他们为荣,甚至不知道他们的名字。

Nobody likes them;the great,busy world does not know that they are there.

没有人喜欢他们;广大、忙碌的世界不会留意他们的存在。

So find out what you want to be and do, and take off your coat and make a dust in the world.

因此要先了解你想当什么、做什么,然后脱下外衣,开始干活吧!

The busier you are,the less harm you will be apt to get into,the sweeter will be your sleep,

你愈是忙碌,就愈不容易受到伤害,睡得更甜,

the brighter and happier your holidays, and the better satisfied will the world be with you.

假日亦更灿烂、更快活,而世界对你的表现亦更加满意。

8

We're Just Beginning

我们正在起跑点

"We are reading the first verse of the first chapter ofa book whose pages are infinite..."

“我们正在阅读一本页数无限的书的第一章第一节……”

I do not know who wrote these words, but I havealways liked them as a reminder that the future canbe anything we want to make it.

我不知道这段文字是谁写的,但我一直很喜欢用这段文字来提醒自己,那就是“未来在我之手”。

We can take the mysterious, hazy future and carveout of it anything that we can imagine, just as a sculptor carves a statue from a shapelessstone.

我们可以掌握神秘而不可知的将来,从中开创出我们所能想像的任何东西,一如雕刻家可将未成形的石头刻出雕像一样。

We are all in the position of the farmer.

我们个个都像是农夫。

If we we plant a good seed, we reap a good harvest.

我们若种下好种子,就会有丰收。

If our seed is poor and full of weeds, we reap a useless crop.

假若种子不良且长满杂草,我们就会徒劳无获。

If we plant nothing at all, we harvest nothing at all.

如果我们什么也不种,就根本不会有任何收获。

I want the future to be better than the past.

我希望将来要比过去更好。

I don't want it contaminated by the mistakes and errors with which history is filled.

我不希望将来被那些充斥在历史中的错误所污染。

We should all be concerned about the future because that is where we will spend theremainder of our lives.

我们都应关心将来,因为往后的余生都要在将来中度过。

The past is gone and static.

往昔已一去不复返,沉静无声。

Nothing we can do will change it.

任凭我们怎么努力都不能改变过去。

The future is before us and dynamic.

将来就在我们眼前而且是动态的。

Everything we do will affect it.

我们的所作所为都会影响将来。

Each day brings with it new frontiers,in our homes and in our businesses, if we will onlyrecognize them.

只要我们体会得出来,每天都可发现新的知识领域伴随而生,可能是在家里,也可能是在我们的事业中。

We are just at the beginning of the progress in every field of human endeavor.

我们正处在人类所努力钻研的每个领域中进步的起跑点。

来源:教英语音乐的呦呦

相关推荐