摘要:presume on/upon sb/sth利用(友谊)作过分的要求常见于presume on/upon sb’s friendship/generosity etc利用某人的友谊/慷慨等作过分要求to make use of sb's friendship
presume on/upon sb/sth
利用(友谊)作过分的要求
常见于presume on/upon sb’s friendship/generosity etc
利用某人的友谊/慷慨等作过分要求
to make use of sb's friendship by asking them for more than you should
如:
I felt it would be presuming on our personal relationship to keep asking her for help.
我觉得总要她帮忙就是利用了我们的私人交情。
Presuming on his seniority, he always imposes his ideas on [ upon] others.
他总是倚老卖老,把他的想法强加于人。
I would not have allowed him to presume on our hospitality if I had any idea of his motives!
如果我知道他的动机,我是不会容许他利用我们的好客!
Don't presume on their hospitality.
不要利用他们的热情好客。
It would be presuming on his generosity to ask him for money.
向他要钱等于是在利用他的慷慨占他的便宜。
He presumes on her good nature by getting her to do all his washing for him.
他利用她的善良让她为他洗衣服。
注意:presume to do sth. 擅自做某事
I would not presume to censure Osborne for hating his mother.
我不会擅自批评奥斯本恨他妈妈这件事。
They're resentful that outsiders presume to meddle in their affairs
他们对外人擅自干预他们的事务非常愤慨。
I wouldn't presume to question your judgment.
我不会冒昧地质疑你的判断。
I wouldn't presume to tell you how to run your own business.
我无意告诉你如何经营你自己的事业。
It would be presuming to camp in a person's yard without permission.
不获允许就在别人的院子里露营是一种放肆的行为。
来源:翅膀英语