摘要:Folks, you know, I spend most of my time over there in the news atelier, hand-hammering the most topical story gold into an elegan
Give it up for the band, everybody!
给大家鼓掌欢迎乐队!
You're very kind.
你非常善良。
You're very kind and patient for indulging the old man over here.
你非常善良和有耐心,愿意听这个老头子唠叨。
Folks, you know, I spend most of my time over there in the news atelier, hand-hammering the most topical story gold into an elegant leopard-inspired frame, inlaid with an intense yellow and black diamond, totaling 3.59 carats, to present to you the timeless, yet buzz-worthy, custom-designed Lugano Barton Pereira sunglasses that are my monologue.
各位,你们知道吗,我大部分时间都在新闻工作室里,亲手将最新鲜的新闻金块锤炼成一件优雅的豹纹框架,镶嵌着一颗3.59克拉的黄黑钻石,只为呈现给你们那些既经典又热门、定制设计的卢加诺·巴顿·佩雷拉太阳镜,这便是我的独白。
But sometimes, just sometimes, folks, while Hiding from Australian koala smugglers in a farm equipment scrapyard, I grab the busted out bottom of a Pepsi bottle and a shard from an abandoned 1958 John Deere windshield and snap them into a couple of holes of a plastic six-pack ring, then rip the starter cord out of a lawnmower and strap on the outlaw's doom goggles of news that are as my segment.
但有时候,朋友们,就在我躲藏在农机废料场逃避澳大利亚考拉走私犯的追捕时,我会抓起一个破损的百事可乐瓶底和一片废弃的1958年约翰迪尔拖拉机挡风玻璃碎片,将它们嵌入塑料六连包环的两个孔中,然后扯下割草机的启动绳,戴上那象征着不法之徒命运的新闻护目镜,这就是我的节目环节。
It's a toboggan.
那是一辆雪橇。
It's a toboggan of joy.
这是一场欢乐的滑行。
Meanwhile, last night, an American Airlines JFK flight to Spain was diverted due to a cracked windshield, which accounts for the airline industry's latest desperate ad campaign.
与此同时, 昨晚美国航空公司从肯尼迪国际机场飞往西班牙的航班因挡风玻璃破裂而改道,这解释了航空业最新绝望的广告活动。
Airplanes, they're totally safe, other than the doors and windows.
飞机,除了门和窗户,其他部分都绝对安全。
Meanwhile, a decade after announcing the project, Apple has pulled the plug on trying to create its own electric car and announced the Apple car is no more.
与此同时, 在宣布该项目十年后,苹果公司放弃了自行研发电动汽车的尝试, 并宣布苹果汽车项目已经取消。
Damn, that is so disappointing.
真失望。
I, for one, was really looking forward to driving around in one of these babies.
说实话,我原本真的很期待能开着其中一辆这样的宝贝到处兜风。
I want to race that pig that drives a pickle.
我想和那个开酸黄瓜车的猪比赛。
Oh, lowly.
哦,卑微。
Meanwhile, there's news from Staten Island, New York City's red-headed step-bro.
与此同时,纽约市的“红发继兄弟”斯塔滕岛也传来了消息。
Because city and state officials have seemingly thrown in the towel on managing Staten Island's troublesome turkey population, which are now nesting on residents' front lawns, blocking traffic, scratching cars, and defecating on private property.
因为市和州官员似乎已经放弃了管理斯塔滕岛上那群惹事的火鸡,这些火鸡现在在居民的前院筑巢,阻碍交通, 刮擦汽车, 并在私人财产上排便。
And you can't do that stuff on Staten Island.
而在斯塔滕岛你可不能这么做。
If it's not St. Patrick's Day.
如果不是圣帕特里克节。
Meanwhile... You know what?
与此同时... 你知道吗?
You do the thing.
你搞定了。
你搞定了。
Meanwhile, I hope you haven't booked your summer vacation yet because you can now stay inside the world's first Eggo house of pancakes.
同时,希望你还没有预定好暑假行程,因为现在你可以住进全球首个以Eggo松饼为主题的房子了。
Perfect for anyone who wants to sleep amongst the pancakes without the hassle of international travel.
对于那些想在煎饼中安睡,又不想费心国际旅行的人来说,这是再完美不过的了。
Also, that's what you think of when you think Eggo.
另外,那就是你想到了艾戈的时候想到的东西。
Pancake.
煎饼。
Meanwhile, Takes a second.
与此同时,稍等一下。
Meanwhile, there's news about the author of the Divine Comedy, because a new study has revealed that Dante Alighieri looked like this.
与此同时, 有关《神曲》作者的新闻出来了,因为一项新研究揭示了但丁·阿利吉耶里的长相。
There he is.
他在这儿。
Evidently, Dante was a character in a video game from 2008.
显然,但丁是2008年一款电子游戏中的角色。
Because he's really giving off villager who sends you on a time-wasting side quest to find his six misses.
因为他真的散发出一种让你去执行一个浪费时间的支线任务以寻找他丢失的六件东西的村民气息。
Moving on.
继续。
No.
不。
No.
不。
No.
不。
Oh, shut up.
哦,闭嘴。
Quiet.
安静。
How did the study create this image?
这项研究是如何生成这幅图像的?
Well, researchers started by digitally recreating the Italian poet's skull using a 1921 analysis of his bones, reinforced with data from a 2007 article about his face.
好的, 研究人员首先利用1921年对其骨骼的分析,结合2007年一篇关于他面容的文章中的数据, 通过数字化技术重建了这位意大利诗人的头骨。
It's a highly scientific process called guessing.
这是一个高度科学的过程,叫做猜测。
Find his chickens.
找到他的鸡群。
Dennis, find his missing chickens.
丹尼斯,去找回他丢失的鸡。
I'm fine.
我很好。
I'm fine with that.
我对此没意见。
Meanwhile, there's news about The Beatles, the band behind hits like Norwegian Wood, by far the most beautiful song about Scandinavian boners.
与此同时,有关于甲壳虫乐队的消息,他们创作了像《挪威的森林》这样美丽的歌曲,这首歌显然是关于北欧人最美好的歌。
The Fab Four are coming to the big screen again because British director Sam Mendes will direct four separate Beatles movies on Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr.
甲壳虫乐队将再次登上大银幕,因为英国导演山姆·门德斯将分别执导四部关于保罗·麦卡特尼、约翰·列侬、乔治·哈里森和林戈·斯塔尔的独立电影。
They're launching the BCU.
他们要启动甲壳虫电影宇宙。
It's the Beatles Cinematic Universe.
这是甲壳虫电影宇宙。
I can't wait for the Beatles' Infinity War, where George uses Maxwell's silver hammer to fight Thanos and Eric Clapton.
我迫不及待想看甲壳虫乐队的《无限战争》,乔治用麦克斯韦的银锤和灭霸以及埃里克·克莱普顿大战一场。
For Layla!
为了莱拉!
The movies... The movies are supposed to come out in 2027, and the producers say they will show the story of the Beatles from four different perspectives, which tell a single story, so as to challenge the notion of what constitutes a trip to the movies.
电影...这些电影预计在2027年上映,制片人表示,它们将从四个不同的视角讲述甲壳虫乐队的故事,这些视角共同编织成一个完整的故事,以此挑战人们对电影观影体验的传统认知。
We don't need any more challenges to the notion of what constitutes a trip to the movies.
我们不需要再有任何挑战电影之旅概念的事情发生了。
We already have the genre-bending eroticism of the Dune popcorn bucket.
我们已经有了《沙丘》这种跨界挑逗的爆米花桶。
Meanwhile, not enough butter in the world.
与此同时,世界上黄油不够用。
Meanwhile, huge news from the world of Latin music because in a recent interview with GQ, Ricky Martin admitted he has a foot fetish, saying, I have a foot thing and I would kiss your feet like crazy for hours.
与此同时,拉丁音乐界传来大消息, 因为在最近接受《GQ》杂志采访时,里基·马丁承认自己有足 fetish,他说,我对脚有特别的兴趣, 我可以疯狂地亲你的脚好几个小时。
Look, I'm not sure what the big surprise is here.
看,我不确定这里有什么大惊喜。
Back in the 90s, he had a huge hit about this.
回到90年代,他就这个话题有过一首非常火爆的单曲。
Jim?
吉姆?
We'll be right back with Rebecca Ferguson.
我们马上回来,接着是丽贝卡·弗格森的节目。
来源:英语东