摘要:Relax, this might be your first job, so maybe the voice is clueless.
- If you're thinking about applying for a new job, you might be hearing voices.
- 如果你在考虑申请新工作,你可能是在听风声。
- Psst, you haven't updated your resume yet.
嘿,你还没更新简历呢。
- And if you've already applied but haven't landed any interviews, that voice might be a little more aggressive.
如果你已经申请了职位但没有获得任何面试机会,这种声音可能会变得更加强烈。
[yelling] Relax, this might be your first job, so maybe the voice is clueless.
[喊叫] 放松点,这可能是你的第一份工作,所以或许那个声音还摸不着头脑。
- So, about this resume, where do we wanna start?
那么,关于这份简历,我们从哪里开始呢?
- That's a great question.
- 这是一个很好的问题。
Start with this course right here, which will teach you how to write and format your resume.
从这里开始这门课程,它将教你如何编写和格式化你的简历。
On average, recruiters spend mere seconds reviewing your resume.
平均而言,招聘人员只会花几秒钟时间查看你的简历。
So, make it compelling and clear.
所以,让它有吸引力且清晰明了。
Your email, phone number, and city of residence should go right at the top.
您的电子邮件、电话号码和居住城市应置于顶部。
Then, just below, add your professional summary, which should do three things: demonstrate your work ethic, introduce your experience and skills, and show why you're perfect for this role.
然后, 在下方添加你的专业摘要,它应该做到三点:展示你的工作态度,介绍你的经验和技能,并说明你为什么是这个职位的最佳人选。
[keyboard clicking] Something like this: "Compassionate and attentive medical nurse "with five years of experience working in emergency medicine, "helping to diagnose patient illness, "and advising care teams on effective treatment plans.
[键盘点击声] 像这样:“富有同情心且细心的医疗护士,拥有五年急诊医学工作经验,帮助诊断患者病情,并为护理团队提供有效的治疗方案建议。”
"Able to work calmly under pressure "and clearly communicate complex medical concepts to patients and families." And if this nurse has no professional experience, then the summary might look a bit different.
"能够在压力下保持冷静, 并能清晰地向患者及其家属传达复杂的医学概念"。 如果这位护士没有专业经验,那么摘要可能会略有不同。
[keyboard clicking] "Motivated nurse seeking "to develop experience in emergency medicine.
[键盘敲击声] "积极进取的护士,寻求在急诊医学领域积累经验。
"Skilled at calmly and effectively multitasking "and compassionately building relationships with individuals from-" - "Diverse backgrounds." You can also include transferrable skills gained through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and internships.
"擅长冷静高效地处理多项任务,并富有同情心地与来自——"——"不同背景"的个体建立关系。你还可以包括通过课外活动、志愿服务和实习获得的可转移技能。
Writing professional summaries is hard, [bell dings] so maybe you tackle it after you fill out the rest of your resume.
撰写专业摘要可能有些难度,[铃声响起] 所以也许你可以在填写完简历的其他部分后再来处理它。
That might help you see your most competitive qualities.
那可能会帮助你看到自己最具竞争力的品质。
So now, below your summary comes your work experience.
所以在你的专业摘要下面,就是你的工作经历。
This shouldn't just be a list of the jobs you've held.
这不应该只是你所担任过的职位的列表。
That doesn't share enough information about you as a professional.
这并没有提供足够关于你作为专业人士的信息。
So, work in the skills you've acquired and the results you've achieved.
所以在你的技能和取得的成果上下点功夫。
And it's crucial to include the right keywords.
并且包含正确的关键词至关重要。
Where do you find these elusive keywords?
你在哪儿找到这些难以捉摸的关键词?
They're in the job description.
它们在职位描述中。
Say it with me: Keywords, job description!
和我说:关键词,职位描述!
- Keywords, job description!
- 关键词,职位描述!
[trumpet fanfare] - Keywords, job description!
[号角声] - 关键词,职位描述!
- Seventy-five percent of companies in the US use AI to scan resumes to see if they're a good fit.
美国有75%的公司使用人工智能来扫描简历,以判断其是否符合职位要求。
What's that AI scanner looking for?
那个AI扫描器在寻找什么?
Keywords, lots of 'em.
关键词,很多。
- (host) So, if you're applying to be a senior producer at an advertising agency, [scanner beeps] [buzzing] read the job description carefully, [scanner beeps] [chime sounds] find keywords and use them.
- (主持人)所以, 如果你申请的是广告公司高级制作人的职位,[扫描声] [嗡嗡声] 请仔细阅读职位描述,[扫描声] [叮一声] 找出关键词并使用它们。
- Oh, nice.
- 哦,不错。
[scanner beeps] [buzzing] "Turn creative ideas into full ad campaigns for a variety of companies." Variety of companies, huh?
[扫描器哔哔声] [嗡嗡声] “将创意想法转化为各种公司的完整广告活动” 。 各种公司,嗯?
"Increased engagement with target audiences by over 20%." [scanner beeps] [chime sounds] That second example had several keywords from the job description, and it included tangible results.
“通过超过20%的增幅与目标受众互动” 。[扫描器蜂鸣] [铃声响起] 第二个例子包含了职位描述中的多个关键词,并且包括了具体成果。
Aim to include three to four bullet points about your most recent experience.
力求包含三条到四条关于你最近工作经验的要点。
Again, make sure it's relevant to the role you're applying for.
再次确保它与你申请的职位相关。
The remainder of your resume consists of what I like to call your personal credentials.
简历的其余部分包括我称之为个人资质的内容。
In other words, education, relevant skills, and distinctions.
换句话说,教育背景、相关技能和荣誉成就。
Bullet points are fine in this section.
在这一部分中,使用项目符号是完全可以的。
Keep it all brief: school name, location, degree.
保持简洁:学校名称、地点、学位。
And if you're still in school, include the anticipated completion date.
如果你还在上学,记得写上预计的毕业日期。
Choose skills and distinctions that are relevant to the job you want.
选择与你想要的职位相关的技能和专长。
Include hard skills, like network security expertise, and soft skills, like effective time management.
包括硬技能, 比如网络安全专长,以及软技能, 比如有效的时间管理。
Someone just entering the workforce may include more detail about coursework or extracurricular activities like sports or clubs, because that's the bulk of their experience.
刚进入职场的人可能需要在简历中详细列出课程内容或课外活动, 比如体育或社团经历,因为这些构成了他们大部分的经验。
Okay, that's how you update your resume so it's tailored to the particular role you're after.
好的,这就是如何更新你的简历,使其针对你想要申请的特定职位进行定制。
Now, save the file.
现在,保存文件。
- And, and, and make a digital version in here!
- 还要在这里做一个数字版本!
First, create an Indeed account, then set up an Indeed resume.
首先,创建一个Indeed平台账号,然后设置一份Indeed平台简历。
Now, we can pair you with job openings that match your skill set!
现在,我们可以将你与符合你技能集的工作机会进行匹配!
- You know that voice inside my head?
- 你知道我脑海里的那个声音吗?
She's real smart.
她真聪明。
[bell dings] - The keywords are in the job descriptions, [scanner beeps] [chime sounds] and the job descriptions are on Indeed.
[铃声] - 关键词在职位描述中,[扫描声] [鸣钟声] 而职位描述在Indeed平台。
Download the free app today.
立即下载免费应用。
Can I get a keyword check on this one?
我能请人检查一下这个的关键词吗?
Keyword check.
关键字检查。
Anyone?
任何人?
A human?
人类?
来源:英语东