爱心大使 艾米丽·丹斯切尔 2025波士顿大学毕业演讲

360影视 动漫周边 2025-05-23 19:17 2

摘要:To just name a few, I've pretended to do all of those jobs, or your future jobs.

I now call upon Emily Deschanel to deliver the 152nd commencement address of Boston University.

现在,我请艾米莉·丹斯切尔发表波士顿大学第152届毕业典礼演讲。

Thank you, President Gilliam.

谢谢您,吉列姆校长。

I sound amazing when you talk about me.

你谈论我时,我的声音听起来很棒。

It is a privilege to be here with you today and to celebrate the Boston University class of 2025.

今天能在这里与你们一起庆祝2025届波士顿大学的毕业生,我感到非常荣幸。

There are a lot of brilliant young minds here today.

今天这里有很多才华横溢的年轻人。

Some of you studied law, I believe.

你们中有些人学的是法律,我相信。

Some of you studied medicine.

你们中的一些人学习了医学。

Some of you studied business, to name a few.

你们中的一些人学习了商业,等等。

OK.

还行。

OK.

还行。

To just name a few, I've pretended to do all of those jobs, or your future jobs.

仅举几例,我曾假装从事过所有这些职业,或者说是你们未来的职业。

I've played a lawyer.

我曾饰演过一名律师。

I've played a doctor.

我扮演过一名医生。

I've played a CEO.

我扮演过一名首席执行官。

I've also played a serial killer.

我也扮演过一个连环杀手。

a heroin addict, an ex-con.

一个海洛因成瘾者,一个前科犯。

And then there are the wives.

然后还有那些妻子们。

I've played an astronaut's wife, a basketball coach's wife, a contractor's wife.

我扮演过一个宇航员的妻子,一个篮球教练的妻子,一个承包商的妻子。

I've played a lot of wives.

我扮演过很多妻子的角色。

I've also played an ex-wife and a widow.

我也曾饰演过前妻和寡妇的角色。

What I'm saying is, I have range.

我的意思是,我很有戏路。

But... But the one role I've never played is commencement speaker at my alma mater, the greatest school on God's green earth, Boston University.

但是……但我从未扮演过的一个角色是在我的母校,上帝绿地上最伟大的学校——波士顿大学的毕业典礼演讲人。

Go Terriers!

加油梗犬队!

I am truly honored to be here.

我非常荣幸能在这里。

And I guess now, thanks to this honorary degree, I actually am a doctor.

现在,多亏了这个荣誉学位,我其实也算是个博士了。

No takebacks, sorry.

抱歉,没有反悔的余地。

It is so good to return to campus.

回到校园真是太好了。

It is here on these hallowed grounds where I ate way too much Captain Crunch for dinner every night, over there at West Campus Dining Hall.

正是在这片神圣的校园里,我每晚都在西校区食堂过量享用着船长脆脆麦片作为晚餐。

It's here where I snuck a friend of a friend into Claflin Hall after hours in a duffel bag.

就是在这里,我偷偷把一个朋友的朋友装在一个旅行袋里带进了克莱夫林大厅。

Alive.

活 着。

She was alive.

她还活着。

I just want to make sure that's clear.

我只是想确保这一点清楚。

I feel like that's important to say.

我觉得那很重要。

It's also here where many times I hung out with my friends at our favorite bar, which was really just an unlicensed speakeasy in some guy's apartment in Lower Alston on Hooker Street.

这里也是我多次与朋友们在最喜欢的小酒吧聚会的地方,那其实就是一个在阿尔斯顿下区胡克街某人公寓里的无证地下酒吧。

It's here where I got used to saying Hooker Street without batting an eye.

正是在这里,我习惯了毫不犹豫地说出“胡克街”。

And now, here I am again, only this time with the terrifying expectation that I will have words of insight, experience, and inspiration to offer a stadium full of new graduates, and even more terrifying, the proud family members and loved ones who helped them get here.

而现在,我又站在这里, 只是这次我怀着一种可怕的期待,那就是我要向一群新毕业生提供一些富有洞见、经验和启发性的言语,更可怕的是, 还要面对那些帮助他们走到这一步的自豪的家庭成员和亲人们。

Now, despite this mind-blowing title bestowed upon me today, let's be clear.

现在,尽管今天赐予我的这个令人震惊的头衔,让我们明确一点。

I am not a brilliant mind.

我并非天才。

I just play them on TV.

我只是在电视上扮演他们。

You might call me smart presenting.

你可能会叫我智能展示。

So when I was invited to come here and address you, I found myself asking, what in the world can I contribute?

因此, 当我受邀来到这里向你们致辞时,我不禁自问, 我能贡献些什么呢?

What do I, who was once graded on how well I could act like a zoo animal, have to offer to graduates go CFA who are about to enter the world as reflective, resourceful individuals ready to lead in an interconnected world according to BU's mission?

我,一个曾因能否逼真地扮演动物园里的动物而被打分的人,能给即将以波士顿大学使命为指引,作为善于反思、足智多谋的个体踏入世界,准备在互联互通的世界中引领潮流的特许金融分析师毕业生们带来什么呢?

After all, I am not a world-renowned dignitary, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist, nor even a visionary CEO.

毕竟, 我既不是享誉世界的大人物,也不是诺贝尔奖得主科学家, 甚至连一位有远见的企业首席执行官都算不上。

I'm an actor.

我是一名演员。

I just pretend for a living.

我就是靠演戏谋生。

But then I realized, pretending is one word for what actors do, only one word.

但后来我意识到,表演不仅仅是“假装”这么简单的一个词所能概括的。

What we really do is try to understand people, to have empathy for them.

我们真正要做的是试图理解他人,对他们产生同理心。

We ask, what makes someone tick?

我们在问,是什么让一个人如此运转?

What are they afraid of?

他们害怕什么?

What do they want?

他们想要什么?

That's what I spent my whole life trying to do, and I've come to believe it's one of the most powerful tools we have, not just as artists, but as people.

这就是我毕生努力去做的,我逐渐相信这是我们拥有的最强大的工具之一,不仅对于艺术家而言, 对于每个人都是如此。

Empathy.

同理心

That is what I'm here to convey to you today.

那就是我今天要传达给你的内容。

Now, my junior year at BU, I was cast as Irina in Anton Chekhov's play Three Sisters.

在波士顿大学读大三时,我被选中出演安东·契诃夫戏剧《三姐妹》中的伊琳娜一角。

You know it.

你懂的。

Over there knows it.

那边心里有数。

She was an ingenue with big dreams of going back to Moscow.

她是一个有着回到莫斯科宏大梦想的新人。

She's the lead part.

她是主角。

She's one of the three sisters.

她是三姐妹之一。

She was an easy character to relate to as an actor and for an audience to root for.

作为演员和观众都很容易与这个角色产生共鸣并为其加油。

In the play, Irina has to deal with her bossy sister-in-law, Natasha, who moves in after marrying Irina's brother and then proceeds to take over the household.

在这部戏剧中, 伊琳娜不得不应对她专横的嫂子娜塔莎,娜塔莎在嫁给伊琳娜的哥哥后搬进来, 并开始接管整个家庭。

Natasha even kicks out the woman who raised the three sisters and Irina out of her own room.

娜塔莎甚至把抚养三姐妹和伊琳娜长大的那位女士从自己的房间里赶了出去。

In a nutshell, total evil step-sister vibes.

总之,就是完全的邪恶继姐 vibes。

Flash forward a few years after graduation, I'm in L.A. and I'm cast again in the same play, but this time as Natasha, the evil sister-in-law.

快进到毕业几年后,我在洛杉矶再次参演同一部剧,但这次扮演的是娜塔莎, 那个邪恶的姻姐。

Three years later and I had already aged out of ingenue roles.

三年后,我已经过了演纯真少女角色的年纪。

So, no longer was I Team Irina, I had to be Team Natasha now.

所以,我不再是伊琳娜队的一员,现在我必须加入娜塔莎队。

Back at BU, I'd been taught that when you portray a character, you have to step into their shoes, or in the Zoo Animal Project, their hooves.

回到波士顿大学时, 我被教导,当你扮演一个角色时,你必须设身处地为他们着想, 或者在“动物园动物项目”中,为他们的蹄子着想。

So, suddenly I was forced to understand this Chekovian Karen.

于是,我突然被迫去理解这个契诃夫笔下的卡伦。

This was a challenge.

这是一项挑战。

I had learned to hate Natasha in college while playing Irina.

在大学期间,我饰演伊琳娜时学会了憎恨娜塔莎。

It was very difficult to be empathic toward this character.

对这一角色产生同理心非常困难。

I was struggling in rehearsals.

我在排练中遇到了困难。

It took me a while, but eventually I started to realize Natasha wasn't a villain at all.

我花了一段时间才意识到,娜塔莎根本不是反派。

She was misunderstood.

她被误解了。

From her perspective, Irina and her sisters were cold and unwelcoming and privileged.

从她的角度来看,伊琳娜和她的姐妹们冷漠、不友好且优越感十足。

Through empathy, I gained a new understanding.

通过同理心,我获得了新的理解。

Both characters were complicated, vulnerable, fallible human beings.

这两个角色都是复杂、脆弱、会犯错的人类。

And Natasha, she became one of my favorite roles I've ever played.

娜塔莎成了我扮演过最喜欢的角色之一。

Empathy is essential, not just for characters in a play, but for each other.

同理心是必不可少的,不仅对于戏剧中的角色而言,对于我们彼此之间也是如此。

Empathy makes people feel seen, heard, and known.

同理心让人感到被看见、被听见和被理解。

It creates an environment of respect and care.

它营造了一种尊重和关怀的环境。

I remember so clearly a time in my professional life where someone else's empathy made all the difference.

我清晰地记得职业生涯中一个时刻,他人的同理心产生了巨大影响。

It was the first season on the TV show Bones.

这是电视剧《识骨寻踪》的第一季。

There are some fans.

有一些粉丝。

First seasons are always a pressure cooker.

第一季总是压力山大。

Writers are discovering the voice of the show, the studios discovering if they've wasted their money, and the hours are usually crazy.

编剧们正在找到节目的声音,制作公司则在发现他们是否浪费了资金,而这段时间通常都很疯狂。

I was in my late 20s, and this was my first lead role on TV.

我二十多岁末期,这是我在电视上的第一个主角角色。

A huge, huge step for me.

对我来说是巨大的一步。

Now, I was trying to be a good actor while consistently working 14 to 16 hour days and then staying up late into the night memorizing terms like epiphyseal fusion, zygomatic arch, and mass spectrometer.

当时,我试图成为一个好演员,同时每天持续工作14到16个小时,然后熬夜背诵诸如骺软骨融合、颧骨弓和质谱仪之类的术语。

Shout out to forensic anthropology grads out there.

向在场的法医人类学毕业生们致敬。

You know what I'm talking about.

你知道我在说什么。

The stress was overwhelming.

压力大得令人难以承受。

One day, my boss, Hart Hansen, the showrunner, knocked on my trailer door.

有一天,我的老板,哈特·汉森,节目制作人,敲了我的房车门。

which was unusual.

这很不寻常。

Perhaps he wanted to pay me a compliment for what a good job I was doing?

也许他是想夸奖我工作做得好?

He did not.

他没有。

He sat me down and told me the studio had concerns about my work.

他让我坐下,告诉我工作室对我的工作有些担忧。

Concerns?

担心?

I was crushed.

我彻底崩溃了。

I had been giving the show my best, but it still wasn't good enough.

我一直都在全力以赴地演这部剧,但还是不够好。

The studio said that I was late and unprepared.

工作室说我不守时且没有准备。

I'm jealous of all you guys with the hats on right now.

我现在嫉妒你们这些戴帽子的人了。

Sure, I wanted to explain that the multi-car pileup was the reason I was late the other day, or that I hadn't been sleeping at all, that stress had made it hard to retain the lines I knew so well the day before.

当然, 我想解释那天我迟到是因为发生了多车连环相撞的事故,或者我根本没睡过觉,压力让我难以记住前一天还烂熟于心的台词。

But it didn't matter, because in my business, if you're not performing, you're not performing.

但在我的行业里,如果你不演出,你就没有表现。

So I took the feedback, I tried to focus on the work.

所以我接受了反馈,努力专注于工作。

Even though now I had concerns about getting fired, The next day, I came to work determined to prove I was a professional they could count on.

尽管我现在担心会被解雇,但第二天我还是来上班了, 决心证明自己是一个他们可以依赖的专业人士。

I walked onto the sound stage, only to be met with the one thing more terrifying than getting fired, a surprise birthday celebration.

我走进摄影棚,迎接我的竟是比被解雇更可怕的东西——一个惊喜生日派对。

It was my birthday after all.

毕竟那天是我的生日。

And standing around the cake, singing, were the presidents of the studio and the network.

站在蛋糕周围唱歌的是制片公司的总裁和电视台的总裁。

Sure, they were all there to celebrate my birthday, a nice gesture.

当然,他们都在那里为我庆祝生日,一个不错的举动。

But all I could see were the very people who were judging me and thinking I couldn't do my job.

但在我眼中看到的只有那些评判我、认为我无法做好工作的家伙。

So I did what any professional actor trying to redeem themselves would do.

所以我就做了任何一个试图挽回声誉的专业演员会做的事情。

I burst into tears, and I ran off the set.

我泪如雨下,然后跑离了片场。

Now I was definitely getting fired.

现在我肯定要被解雇了。

Instead, Hart, my boss, stepped in.

相反,哈特,我的老板,站了出来。

He told everyone to take a break, and he went to find me, huddled nobly in a weepy ball in my trailer.

他让所有人都休息一下, 然后去找我,我正高傲地蜷缩在自己的拖车里, 哭成一团。

He assured me that I hadn't blown up my career.

他向我保证,我的职业生涯并未因此毁掉。

Despite the fact that Hart was under crazy pressure himself, pulling his own late nights, dealing with his own criticism from the network and studio, he took time he didn't have to problem solve with me and help me find a better process.

尽管哈特自己也承受着巨大的压力,通宵达旦地工作, 还要应对来自电视台和制片方的批评,他还是抽出了本不必抽出的时间来帮我解决问题, 并帮助我找到更好的方法。

This may not sound revelatory for him to show compassion, but our business is filled with bombastic personalities, narcissists.

这听起来可能不算什么大不了的事情,但他表现出同情心还是挺重要的,因为我们的行业里充满了自大狂和 narcissists。

Hart wasn't like that.

哈特不是那样的。

Then again, Hart is Canadian.

话说回来,哈特是加拿大人。

Weeks later, he knocked on my door, but this time, it was good news.

几周后,他敲了我的门,但这次是好消息。

We'd been picked up for nine more episodes.

我们又被预订了九集。

Hard to show me empathy, and in doing so, he created an environment where I could actually succeed, not just for nine more episodes, but for 233 more.

很难让我感受到同理心,而他创造了一个环境, 让我真正能够成功,不仅仅是在接下来的九集里, 而是在之后的233集中。

Sometimes the hardest empathy to have is for ourselves.

有时候,最难给予的同理心是对我们自己。

Early on in my career, one of my first professional auditions, I was incredibly nervous.

在我职业生涯早期,第一次专业试镜时,我紧张极了。

I was visibly shaking.

我明显在发抖。

My voice was shaking.

我的声音在颤抖。

My hands were shaking.

我的手在颤抖。

The pages in my hands were shaking.

我手中的纸页在颤抖。

Everything was shaking.

一切都在摇晃。

Try as I might, I couldn't help it.

我尽力了,但还是忍不住。

And the men I was auditioning for began to laugh.

而我试镜的对象们开始大笑起来。

Try as they might, I guess they couldn't help it either.

我想他们也忍不住。

I burst into tears and I ran off.

我突然泪流满面,跑开了。

Are you sensing a pattern?

你觉得有规律可循吗?

What can I say?

我还能说什么?

I'm an actor.

我是一名演员。

I'm dramatic.

我很戏剧化。

I had to find compassion and empathy for myself in this situation, and many more like it.

在这种情境下,我必须找到对自己的同情和同理心,还有许多类似的情况也是如此。

This didn't come easily for me, so I'm glad to be able to share this lesson with you today.

这对我来说并不容易,所以今天能够与你们分享这个教训,我感到很高兴。

Remember that you are a human being who will make mistakes.

记住,你是一个会犯错的人。

You will fail.

你会失败。

There will be times when you will have your own version of bursting into tears in front of 200 people and running away because you are overwhelmed by the pressure.

你会有这样时候,在200人面前想哭着逃跑,因为压力太大而感到无法承受。

Be gentle with yourself.

对自己温柔一点。

Yes, you can challenge yourself, expect more from yourself, but why not also be kind?

是的,你可以挑战自己,对自己有更高的期待,但为什么不多一点善良呢?

Empathy isn't weakness.

同理心不是软弱。

It's not about letting people off the hook for their behavior or choices.

这并不是说要为他们的行为或选择开脱。

It's about understanding what led to those choices so you can decide how to respond from a place of authenticity.

这是关于理解导致那些选择的原因,以便你能从一个真实的位置来决定如何回应。

Empathy is what inspires action and leads to compassionate change in the world.

同理心是激发行动并引领世界产生仁慈变化的动力。

So as you turn your tassels and begin your journey, you will no doubt encounter many perspectives very different from your own, from future co-workers, future partners, future Russian sister-in-laws, Whether your job is on a soundstage, in a lab, or like in my case, in a lab on a soundstage, take the time to understand, to walk in their shoes, or heels, or hooves.

所以当你们拨动流苏, 开始自己的旅程时,无疑会遇到许多与自己截然不同的观点,这些观点可能来自未来的同事、伴侣,甚至是未来俄罗斯的嫂子。 无论你的工作是在摄影棚、实验室,还是像我这种情况, 在摄影棚里的实验室里,都要花时间去理解他们, 站在他们的角度思考问题,无论是站在他们的鞋子里、高跟鞋里, 还是马蹄里。

These days, empathy feels like it's in short supply.

这些天,同理心似乎变得稀缺了。

The world doesn't just need your skills, it needs your perspective, your patience, the courage to understand before judging.

这个世界不仅需要你的技能,还需要你的视角、你的耐心,以及在评判之前理解的勇气。

So bring empathy with you, for everyone you will encounter, but also for yourself.

因此,带着同理心去面对每一位你将遇见的人,同时也包括你自己。

For the version of yourself just starting out, for the one who will most certainly face intense pressure, for the one who messes up, or doubts, or doesn't have it all figured out just yet.

对于刚开始的你,对于那个肯定会面临巨大压力的你,对于那个会犯错、会怀疑、或者还没完全搞清楚状况的你。

Empathy isn't just what you offer others, it's what helps you carry yourself forward.

同理心不仅是你给予他人的东西,也是帮助你前进的力量。

And I hope you carry both.

希望你们都能拥有这两样东西。

And hey, you never know, that person you thought was the villain might just become your favorite.

嘿,谁知道呢,那个你以为的反派角色,说不定会成为你的最爱。

Congratulations to the class of 2025.

祝贺2025届的同学。

Go Terriers!

加油梗犬队!

来源:英语东

相关推荐