摘要:如果您家里有孩子参加体育运动,或者您自己也热爱运动,那么关于脑震荡的知识,您可一定要了解。
It's a wet and rainy day in Geneva, but Science in 5 crew is very determined.
今天日内瓦下着大雨,但“科学五分钟”的团队依然斗志昂扬。
It's an all-women crew today.
而且,我们今天的团队清一色是女性。
So come rain and shine, we are going to shoot this.
所以无论刮风下雨,我们都要完成这次拍摄。
We're gonna talk about concussion today.
今天我们要聊的是脑震荡。
If you have children who play sports or you play sports, you need to know about concussion.
如果您家里有孩子参加体育运动,或者您自己也热爱运动,那么关于脑震荡的知识,您可一定要了解。
What is it?
什么是脑震荡呢?
How will you know if you have concussion?
如何判断自己是否发生了脑震荡?
And what can you do to prevent it?
又该如何预防呢?
And here to talk about it today is Dr. Tarun Dua.
今天,我们请到了塔伦·杜阿博士来和我们聊聊这个话题。
Welcome, Tarun.
欢迎你,塔伦。
Hi.
你好。
Tarun, talk to us about what is concussion.
塔伦,请给我们讲讲到底什么是脑震荡吧。
So concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury.
脑震荡其实是一种创伤性脑损伤。
So if you have a bump, blow to the head, or even to the body, what it happens is the forces can lead to your brain moving and bouncing around, leading to damage to brain cells.
比如,当头部甚至身体受到撞击或打击时,这些外力可能导致大脑在颅腔内晃动和碰撞,进而损伤脑细胞。
And any activity can cause concussion.
任何活动都有可能引发脑震荡。
So for example, you fall in this wet rain field, or you are playing sports like football.
例如,在这样湿滑的场地上摔倒,或者在进行足球这类运动时。
It also happens during road traffic accident.
交通事故中也可能发生脑震荡。
For example, in Australia, one in five people who presented to the hospital with concussion, they had it while playing sports.
以澳大利亚为例,每五位因脑震荡就医的患者中,就有一位是在运动时受伤的。
So we've just established that these are pretty perfect conditions for concussion that we are filming in.
这么说来,我们现在拍摄所在的环境,简直是发生脑震荡的完美条件啊。
Uh, but actually, I fell down a little while ago, and I was wondering if I had concussions.
呃,说实话,我不久前不小心摔了一跤,当时就在琢磨自己会不会也摔成了脑震荡。
I didn't know what the symptoms would be.
但我不知道具体会有哪些症状。
Can you talk about that?
您能给我们讲讲吗?
So concussion is not something that you will see outside.
脑震荡不像外伤那样能从表面看出来。
And the other thing is it's not that symptoms are going to happen immediately.
另外,它的症状也并非总是立即出现。
They can actually also happen up to 72 hours after the injury.
实际上,症状可能在受伤后长达 72 小时内才显现出来。
So common symptoms are you will have headache or pressure sensation, nausea, feeling dizzy, loss of balance, memory, unable to focus, sleep problems.
所以,常见的症状包括头痛或头部压迫感、恶心、头晕、失去平衡、记忆力减退、注意力不集中、睡眠障碍等。
So these are very common problems.
这些都是非常常见的症状。
Then sometimes you have severe symptoms, like convulsions.
有时则会出现更严重的症状,例如抽搐。
You can have a loss of consciousness or weakness or numbness.
还可能意识丧失、身体无力或麻木。
And that means you need to... in any case, you need to go immediately to get any help.
这就意味着你需要立即就医寻求帮助。
So did you have any of those symptoms, Vishmita?
那么,维什米塔,你当时出现这些症状了吗?
Well no, I think I felt a little bit of brain fog, or a little bit of confusion, which is what worried me.
嗯……倒也没有。我只是感觉有点像是‘脑雾’的情况,有点迷糊,这才让我担心。
But also, it's about sometimes when you take a fall, it ...
但有时摔倒了,就……
You also have not really talked about the fact that as you age, you need to work on your balance better and stuff like that.
你刚才没提到,随着年纪渐长,就更需要好好锻炼平衡能力,以及诸如此类的问题。
So talk to us also about the prevention of concussion.
那么,也请给我们讲讲如何预防脑震荡吧。
There are many things all of us can do.
有很多事情是我们大家都可以做的。
So for example, riding a bicycle, wear a helmet.
例如,骑自行车时,务必佩戴头盔。
Home environment, make sure that your carpets, cables are not interrupting.
在居家环境中,要确保地毯、电线等不会造成绊倒的风险。
And especially for older people, they are very important that we make our homes friendly and fall-free as much as possible.
特别是老年人,更要当心,为他们打造一个安全、能防止跌倒的居家环境,这一点至关重要。
Playing contact sports, ensure that you are wearing protective equipment, you are aware of your surroundings, "I'm looking around.
参加对抗性运动时,务必佩戴防护装备,并时刻留意周围环境,比如提醒自己:“我得留神四周。
The ball is not going to come and hit me." And don't take unnecessary risks.
别让球突然砸到我。”还有千万别冒不必要的风险。
This is especially true for young people.
年轻人尤其要注意这一点。
So these are many things that we can do to prevent concussion.
所以,我们可以做很多事情来预防脑震荡。
Talk about the treatment of concussion.
我们再来谈谈脑震荡的治疗。
Sometimes you hear that, "Oh, it's okay.
有时候,你可能会听到有人说:“哦,没事儿。
It will just go away." Is that true, for instance?
过几天自己就会好的。”这是真的吗?
One of the things about concussion is not everybody's aware about it, and so very often, it goes undetected.
关于脑震荡,有个问题是并非每个人都了解它,因此它常常未被察觉。
People don't know, and they don't go to seek medical help.
人们不知道,所以他们不会去寻求医疗帮助。
So it's very important that if you have had a fall, just ensure that you seek medical help.
所以,如果你摔倒了,务必寻求医疗帮助,这非常重要。
Go and show to the doctor.
去看医生,让医生检查一下。
That evaluation is extremely important.
医生的评估至关重要。
And the second is that you need to take rest, both physical and mental, because it will help you recover quickly.
第二,你需要充分休息,包括身体和精神上的休息,这能帮助你更快恢复。
And the third thing that you need to do is avoid repeat injuries, avoid repeat concussion, because we know repeat concussions can lead to long-term damage, including dementia.
嗯,第三点,你需要避免再次受伤,避免反复发生脑震荡。因为反复脑震荡可能导致长期损伤,包括痴呆症。
Okay, that sounds very scary, especially because the senior citizens will also experience sometimes increased falls, and that can actually contribute to dementia, you said, right?
好的,这听起来确实很吓人。特别是老年人,他们摔倒的次数可能更多,而您刚才提到,这确实可能导致痴呆,对吗?
Right.
对,没错。
Talk to us about something, some other long-term impacts of a concussion.
跟我们谈谈脑震荡其他一些长期的影响吧。
You can have long-term memory problems.
可能会出现长期的记忆问题。
You can have long-term sleep problems.
也可能会有长期的睡眠问题。
It can impact your education, learning, and thinking about the young people.
对年轻人而言,它会影响他们的学业、学习和思考能力。
And also, especially if you are thinking about sports, because you know, you're getting it in young age, we are worried about the risk of neurocognitive issues, such as dementia.
而且,特别是考虑到体育运动,如果在年轻时发生脑震荡,我们会担心出现神经认知方面的问题,比如痴呆症。
We're going to wrap up, but give our audience a few tips for how to avoid concussion.
节目快结束了,请给我们的观众一些关于如何避免脑震荡的建议吧。
Important is that wear a protective equipment, be you are riding a bicycle, you are playing a sport, when you are in your home, just ensure that you are keeping your carpets, your cables so that you are not falling down on any of those surfaces, and be aware of your surroundings.
重要的是佩戴防护装备,无论你是在骑自行车、进行体育运动,还是在家里,确保地毯、电线等物品收拾妥当,以免在这些地方摔倒。同时,要留意周围环境。
Thank you, Tarun.
谢谢你,塔伦。
That was Science in 5 today from a wet and rainy Geneva.
以上就是今天在阴雨绵绵的日内瓦为您带来的“科学五分钟”。
Until next time then, stay safe, stay healthy, and stick with science.
我们下期再见。保持安全,保持健康,坚持相信科学。
来源:英语东