科米蛙 2025马里兰大学毕业演讲

360影视 国产动漫 2025-05-27 16:49 2

摘要:You're all here to listen to a frog in a very tiny cap and gown give a commencement speech on, well, what's actually turned out to

Hi, everybody.

大家好。

Hello.

你好

I mean, wow, look at this crowd.

哇,看看这人群。

Look at all these graduation caps with their decorations.

瞧瞧这些装饰着各种图案的毕业帽。

Wow.

哇。

Wow.

哇。

What a thrill it is to be back here at the University of Maryland and celebrate the class of 2025.

能回到马里兰大学庆祝2025届毕业班真是太激动了。

And don't forget the summer class of 2024.

别忘了2024年夏季班。

And the winter class of 2024.

还有2024届的冬季毕业生们。

Yeah.

是的。

Did I leave anybody out?

我有没有漏掉谁?

No.

不。

Great.

伟大。

Good.

好.

You are all here.

你们都在这里。

You're all here to listen to a frog in a very tiny cap and gown give a commencement speech on, well, what's actually turned out to be a pretty beautiful evening.

你们都在这里, 听一个戴着非常小的学士帽和学士服的青蛙发表毕业演讲,而今晚也确实变得非常美好。

Yeah.

是的。

Either way, I can guarantee you the forecast calls for a 100% chance of frog.

不管怎样,我可以保证预报显示100%是青蛙。

So here I am.

所以我就在这里。

President Pines, Provost Rice, esteemed professors, proud parents, families, friends, fightin' Terps, and fellow amphibians, thank you for having me.

皮恩斯校长, 莱斯教务长, 尊敬的教授们,自豪的家长们, 家人和朋友们,勇敢的Terps队员以及其他的两栖动物们, 感谢你们邀请我。

Let's hear it again for the graduates.

让我们再次为毕业生们喝彩。

Yeah.

是的。

Now, as I look out at you students, I can tell that you have all worked your tails off.

现在,当我看着你们这些学生,我能看出来你们都努力得要命。

And as a former tadpole, believe me, losing your tail is a pretty big deal.

作为曾经的蝌蚪,相信我,失去尾巴可是件大事。

So go Terps!

所以加油,Terps!

Now, I realize that today is one of the most important days of your lives, so I am honored to share some words of wisdom about three things that are close to my heart.

现在, 我知道今天是你们生命中最重要的日子之一,所以我很荣幸能分享一些关于三件对我来说非常重要的事情的人生智慧。

Finding your people, taking the leap, and making connections.

寻找你的伙伴,勇敢跳跃,并建立联系。

Now, you and I share someone very special, University of Maryland, and I am talking, of course, about my friend Jim Henson.

现在, 你和我有一个非常特别的共同点,那就是马里兰大学,当然我说的是我的朋友吉姆·汉森。

Yeah, Jim, in the early days, he had a hand in literally everything I did.

是的,吉姆,在早期的日子里,他几乎参与了我做的每件事。

Yeah, Jim and his wife Jane were proud students right here at UMD when the food at the Stamp was good.

是的,吉姆和他的妻子简当年就是在这里的马里兰大学自豪地求学,那时Stamp餐厅的食物还挺不错的。

Yeah.

是的。

Back then, they even had mosquito sprinkles for your ice cream.

那时候,他们甚至还有蚊子味的糖霜可以撒在你的冰激凌上。

I miss that.

我想念那段时光。

And as I'm sure you know, there's a statue of Jim and me on campus, and it is not far from another campus legend, Testudo the Turtle.

而且我相信你们都知道,在校园里有一座吉姆和我的雕像,它离另一个校园传奇——吉祥物乌龟Testudo不远。

I hear, by the way, that we are distant cousins.

我听说,我们还是远房亲戚呢。

And although I know you rub his nose for good luck, please do not rub my nose.

虽然我知道你们会摸他的鼻子来祈求好运,请不要摸我的鼻子。

Unless you're a fly.

除非你是只苍蝇。

In which case I'd say, lunch is served.

如果是那样的话,我得说,午餐准备好了。

But it was Jim who taught me about finding your people.

但正是吉姆教会了我如何找到自己的伙伴。

Jim was a collector.

吉姆是个收藏家。

He loved collecting actors and artists and musicians, anyone with talent.

他喜欢收集演员、艺术家和音乐人,任何有才华的人都行。

Jim shared with me that when he was first coming up with the idea for The Muppet Show, nobody knew what they had, but Jim knew who he had.

吉姆告诉我, 当他最初构思《布偶秀》时,没有人知道他们拥有什么, 但吉姆清楚自己身边有哪些人。

He knew that there was a show there and he wanted to show the world.

他知道那里有料,他想展示给全世界看。

And that was Jim.

那就是吉姆。

He could always see the spark in someone.

他总能看到别人身上的闪光点。

He saw the potential.

他看到了潜力。

And he saw what was unique in each person.

他看到了每个人的独特之处。

And he taught me what's unique about you should always be shared.

他教会了我,你应该永远分享那些让你与众不同的地方。

And that really stuck with me, which is why you'll see me hanging out with a bear, and a pig, and a penguin, and a prawn, And whatever Gonzo is, seriously, if anybody knows, please see me after the ceremony.

这真的让我印象深刻,这就是为什么你们会看到我和一只熊、一只猪、一只企鹅、一只虾,还有不管Gonzo到底是什么的家伙混在一起——说真的,如果有人知道Gonzo到底是什么,请典礼结束后来找我聊聊。

But Jim believed that everyone had a place.

但吉姆相信每个人都有属于自己的位置。

Jim thought of that, and he made us believe it.

吉姆想到了这一点,并让我们相信了它。

And so, my whole life, I've tried to appreciate people for exactly who they are, even if they are a pig who hogs the spotlight.

因此, 我的一生都在努力欣赏每个人的独特之处,即使他们是个爱霸占聚光灯的猪。

I'm probably going to get in trouble for that one.

我这下可能要摊上事了。

But truly, there's a spot for everyone in the show.

但真正重要的是,每个人在节目中都有自己的位置。

Isn't that right, arts and humanities majors?

这不是事实吗,文科和人文科学专业的同学们?

That's right, I see you.

那是对的,我看到你了。

That's right.

没错。

Yeah, I also see you, biology majors.

是的,我也看到你们了,生物学专业的同学们。

Yeah, but you're not going to get me to step foot inside your lab.

是啊,不过你休想让我踏进你的实验室一步。

No way, forget it.

不行,别想了。

But congratulations anyway.

但还是要恭喜你。

Look, now there is no guarantee that the show is always good.

瞧,现在可不能保证节目总是精彩。

Or that it'll go off without a hitch, or it doesn't have its hecklers.

或者一切都会顺利进行,或者没有那些捣乱的人。

Yeah.

是的。

But the show must go on.

但演出必须继续。

And if you're with your people, then you won't have to do it alone.

如果你与伙伴们在一起,那么你就不必独自面对。

Because life is not a solo act.

因为生活不是独角戏。

No, it's not.

不,不是的。

It's a big, messy, delightful ensemble piece, especially when you're with your people.

这是一场宏大、混乱而又令人愉悦的集体活动,特别是当你和志同道合的人在一起时。

In fact, look around.

事实上,看看周围。

Seriously, go ahead, look around.

说真的, 去吧,随便看看。

You're probably sitting next to some of your people right now.

你现在可能正坐在一些志同道合的人旁边。

These are friends that you might have for your whole life.

这些朋友可能会陪伴你一生。

And there will be many others to collect along the way, so always keep your eyes open, like I do.

而且沿途还会遇到许多其他伙伴,所以要像我一样时刻保持警惕,睁大眼睛。

Actually, I can't really close my eyes, but always be on the lookout for old friends you've just met.

实际上, 我不能真的闭上眼睛,但总是要留意那些刚刚认识的老朋友。

Also, can you be on the lookout for Animal?

另外,你能留意一下动物吗?

I hear he hit a few graduation parties last night and we haven't seen him since.

听说他昨晚参加了几个毕业派对,从那以后我们就没再见到他。

Okay, so once you have found your people, you're ready for what comes next, taking the leap.

好的,当你找到了自己的伙伴,就准备好迎接下一步——勇敢跳跃。

And leaping is kind of something we frogs know a thing or two about.

而且跳跃是我们青蛙比较擅长的事情。

And judging by the number of you who've left him to make a McKeldin fountain at two o'clock in the morning, so do you.

从你们中许多人凌晨两点抛下他直奔校园地标McKeldin喷泉的举动来看,你们也深有同感。

So do you, yeah.

你也是,没错。

You know, when I was just a little bit younger than all of you, I used to have fun in the swamp playing Leapfrog.

你知道吗, 当我比你们现在还要小一点的时候,我常常在沼泽地里玩跳背游戏, 那可真是乐趣无穷。

It was our favorite game, or kind of our only game, but we loved it.

那是我们最喜欢的游戏,或者说几乎是唯一玩的游戏,但我们非常喜欢。

Except for my cousin Albert.

除了我表弟阿尔伯特。

He never actually leapt, he just stepped on your back and used your head like a lily pad.

他其实从未真正跳跃过,只是踩在你的背上,把你的头当作踏板罢了。

Sure, he got ahead, but it was only by stepping on you.

当然,他前进了一步,但那只是踩着你的肩膀做到的。

We've been told that that's how you succeed, and some choose to believe it, but I know they're wrong.

我们被告知那就是成功的途径,有些人选择相信, 但我知道他们是错的。

So as you prepare to take this big leap into real life, here's a little advice, if you're willing to listen to a frog.

所以当你们准备迈出这一步, 进入现实生活时,这里有一些建议, 如果你们愿意听一个青蛙的话。

Rather than jumping over someone to get what you want, consider reaching out your hand and taking the leap side by side.

与其跳过别人来得到你想要的,不妨伸出你的手, 一起并肩跨越。

Because life is better when we leap together.

因为一起跳跃生活会更美好。

And that brings me to my final point, making connections.

说到我的最后一点,就是建立联系。

And right now, many of you are trying to make career connections and networking connections and are applying for jobs and grad schools and quietly panicking about rent and loans and the price of eggs.

现在,你们中的很多人都在努力建立职业关系和人脉,申请工作和研究生项目,同时还在为房租、贷款和鸡蛋的价格而悄悄地感到焦虑。

Good grief.

天啊

I know the past four years have brought more challenges than anyone expected.

我知道过去四年带来的挑战超出了所有人的预期。

Sometimes it can feel like the challenges just keep coming.

有时候可能会觉得挑战一个接一个地来了。

But look at you.

但看看你们自己。

I know that you're gonna be okay.

我知道你会没事的。

Because you're here.

因为你们在这里。

You did it.

你们做到了。

And I think that deserves another round of applause.

我认为这值得再来一轮掌声。

Right now, you're all dressed in your caps and gowns, all grown up.

此刻,你们都身着学士服,已然长大成人。

But your family, probably looking at you, still seeing you as that little preschooler sitting crisscross applesauce.

但你们的家人, 可能看着你们,仍然把你们当作那个盘腿坐着的幼儿园小朋友。

Maybe learning the alphabet from my friend Big Bird on Sesame Street.

也许是从我在《芝麻街》上的朋友大鸟那里学到了字母表。

And for you, that was a lifetime ago.

而对你而言,那已是前世之事。

But for them, probably feels like yesterday.

但对于他们来说,可能感觉就像在昨天一样。

Which brings me to one really important connection that I gotta mention.

这让我想起了一个必须提及的重要联系。

And that's the one that you share with your parents, or your family, or the special people who helped you get here today.

还有就是你与父母、家人或那些今天能站在这里的特别的人分享的东西。

And you all know who they are.

你们都知道他们是谁。

A lot of them, they're probably here right now.

他们中的很多人大概现在就在这里。

And some of them, they might not be.

而其中一些,可能就不是。

But trust me, you're still connected to them.

但请相信我,你们仍然与他们紧密相连。

You really are.

你真的很有意思。

And that's the thing about love.

这就是爱的真谛所在。

It sticks with you, even when you're apart.

它会伴随你,即使你们分开的时候也是如此。

So let's give all of those connections a round of applause too.

所以让我们也为所有这些联系人鼓掌致敬。

Because if I know a thing, it's important to stay connected to your loved ones, stay connected to your friends, and most of all, stay connected to your dreams, no matter how big, no matter how impossible they seem.

因为如果我懂得一件事,那就是与所爱之人保持联系,与朋友保持联系,最重要的是,无论梦想多么宏大,无论它们看起来多么遥不可及,都要与梦想保持联系。

The truth is, dreams are how we figure out where we want to go, and life is how we get there.

事实是,梦想是我们确定想去的地方的方式,而生活则是我们到达那里的途径。

So graduates, I see you.

毕业生们,我看到了你们。

I see you out there, and I know that you will find your people.

我看到你们在那里,我知道你们会找到属于自己的人。

I know that you're gonna take big leaps, and I know that even though you're about to throw your caps in the air, good luck finding them again, I know that you will stay connected to your families, your friends, and your dreams.

我知道你们即将迈出大胆的步伐,尽管你们即将把帽子抛向空中,好运再次找到它们,我知道你们会与家人、朋友以及梦想保持联系。

Because life's like a movie.

因为人生如戏。

Write your own ending.

书写你自己的结局。

Keep believing.

继续相信。

Keep pretending you've all done just what you set out to do, and you're just getting started.

继续假装你们已经完成了既定目标,而这一切才刚刚开始。

Thank you.

谢谢

Thank you, University of Maryland.

谢谢,马里兰大学。

Thank you for having me, and congratulations to the class of 2025.

谢谢你们邀请我,祝贺2025届的毕业生们。

Yay!

耶!

来源:英语东

相关推荐