摘要:所以多年来,我一直用绘图仪进行电脑艺术和几何艺术的创作,用笔和纸。
So for many years I've been doing computer art, geometric art with pen and paper on plotters.
所以多年来,我一直用绘图仪进行电脑艺术和几何艺术的创作,用笔和纸。
I write the code and sometimes I build the machines.
我编写代码,有时我还组装机器。
I would upload the stuff to social media, figuring maybe people like the soft noises and the clicks and pops and so on.
我会把这些东西上传到社交媒体,心想也许人们喜欢那种柔和的声音和咔嗒声等。
No one really paid any attention to it.
没人真正注意到它。
(Plotter sounds) At some point, someone gave me a chocolate 3D printer extruder, and I filled it with acrylic paint, and set it up and made a terrible mess.
(绘图仪声音)在某个时刻, 有人给了我一个巧克力3D打印机挤出机,我把它装满了丙烯颜料,然后设置了一下, 结果弄得一团糟。
(Laughter) I wanted to try out making some dots, and I wrote a little program, and the dots weren't in order.
(笑声)我想试着画一些点,就写了一个小程序, 但这些点没有顺序。
(Laughter) These were reactions it got.
(笑声)这些都是它引发的反应。
Some people got angry.
有些人生气了。
Some people sympathized with the robot.
有些人对机器人产生了同情。
(Laughter) Some people danced to it.
(笑声)有些人跟着它跳舞。
Mostly angry.
主要是生气。
(Laughter) (Video) Narrator: If you go in a line, it'll be faster.
(笑声)旁白:如果你排成一行,会快一些。
If you go in a line, it'll be -- it'll be quicker if you go in a line.
如果你走直线,会更快捷。
I think -- you're going side to side.
我认为——你要左右移动。
You should go in a line and you'll go faster.
你应该沿着一条线走,这样会更快。
Just go -- go in a line!
直线前行,勇往直前!
(Laughter) Joshua Schachter: This one is "Bad day at the circle factory." I realized you could manufacture emotions of various kinds with just a robot and pen and paper.
(笑声)Joshua Schachter:这一幅名为“圆工厂的糟糕日子”。我意识到,只需一个机器人、一支笔和一张纸,就能制造出各种情感。
(Laughter) So I leaned into it.
(笑声)于是我便顺势而为。
(Laughter) (Laughter) People got very upset.
(笑声)(笑声)人们非常生气。
And I got yelled at a lot.
我经常被训斥。
Very gently.
轻轻地
A lot about "I hope your pillow is warm." (Applause) These started getting millions and millions of views.
很多关于“希望你的枕头是暖和的”。(掌声)这些开始获得数以百万计的观看量。
(Laughter) And a lot of reactions as well.
(笑声)还有很多反应。
(Video) Narrator: Circle, circle, circle, I love you.
旁白:圆圈,圆圈,圆圈,我爱你们。
Circle, circle.
圈,圈。
Did I confess too soon?
我是不是坦白得太早了?
I confessed too soon!
我坦白得太早了!
Never mind, never mind!
没关系,没关系!
(Laughter) JS: People asked me to do mazes.
(笑)JS:人们让我画迷宫。
OK.
还行。
How do you screw up a maze?
如何搞砸一个迷宫?
This is how.
这就是方法。
It went right past the exit.
它直接错过了出口。
(Laughter) I had to learn the rules of this little medium.
(笑声)我得学会这个小平台的规则。
It had to be 12, maybe 15 seconds.
它必须是12秒,也许是15秒。
Go quickly.
䠕。
And I had to try to hide the mistake underneath the mechanism.
而且我不得不试图把错误隐藏在机械结构下面。
(Laughter) And mostly the ending had to be traumatic.
(笑声)而且结局多半得是创伤性的。
(Laughter) (Audience: Aww.)
(笑声)(观众:哎呀。)
I promised people -- (Laughter) I would promise people oddly satisfying, and then I would betray them.
我承诺给大家带来——(笑声)一些奇异地令人满足的东西,然后我就背叛了他们。
(Applause) People thought this was about AI.
(掌声)人们以为这是关于人工智能的。
(Laughter) That one went super viral.
(笑声)那个作品超级火了。
People spent 200,000 hours watching my 17 second video.
人们花了20万小时观看我那17秒的视频。
I got so many notifications my phone died repeatedly for days.
我的手机因为连续几天收到太多通知,反复死机。
So ultimately, constraints are great for making art, but you ultimately end up becoming a crappy cover artist of your own work.
所以最终, 限制对于创作艺术来说是很好的,但你最终会变成自己作品的烂透了的翻版艺术家。
And I didn't really like that, so I took a break.
我不太喜欢那种情况,所以就休息了一段时间。
But remember that if you go on the internet and see something that annoys you just a bit ... it might have been me.
但请记住, 如果你上网时看到让你稍感不快的内容...那可能就是我。
(Laughter) Thank you.
(笑声)谢谢。
来源:林丽爱文化