摘要:吉米老师整理了30篇高质量双语美文,特别适合大家每天晨读练习口语。快为孩子收藏读起来,每天读一篇,背完英语口语水平蹭蹭蹭涨!
英语口语·吉米老师说
吉米老师整理了30篇高质量双语美文,特别适合大家每天晨读练习口语。快为孩子收藏读起来,每天读一篇,背完英语口语水平蹭蹭蹭涨!
英语·晨读美文
21
Souls Are Connected
灵魂相依
The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
分离之所以痛彻心扉是因为我们灵魂相连。
Maybe they always have been and will be.
也许它们一直紧密相连,也讲永远继续下去。
Maybe we've lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we've found each other.
也许,今生前,我们已轮回过千次,在每一次轮回中我们都找到了彼此。
And maybe each time, we've been forced apart for the same reasons.
而也许每一次,我们都因同样的原因劳燕分飞。
That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.
这意味着我们这次分别不仅是对过去一万年的道别,也预示着即将到来的一切。
When I look at you, I see your beauty and grace and know they have grown stronger with every life you have lived.
当我看着你时,我看到了你的美丽、优雅,我知道你每经历一个轮回,你的美和优雅便增长一份。
And I know I have spent every life before this one searching for you,
我知道,我在人世的每一次轮回中都在苦苦追寻着你。
not someone like you, but you, for your soul and mine must always come together.
不是你的影子,而是你,因为你我心灵相通,灵魂相连。
22
Partner
合伙人
I will be waiting for the right opportunity for the company to go public.
我一直在等一个时机把公司上市。
Now, I've got it.
现在,我终于等到了。
That's right. It's you who give us this opportunity.
对,是你们给了我们这次机会。
Thank you Mr. Bernard, you are the one who has got us that attention of potential investors from the Wall Street.
谢谢你,伯纳德先生,是你们让华尔街投资者看见了我们。
They will see us as a company with integrity and courage that takes responsibility for its mistakes.
让他们看到我们的诚实和勇气,看到我们敢于为错误承担代价。
The more we pay you in compensation, the greater valuation we will get in the future.
我们付的赔偿金越多,我们未来市场的价值就越高。
In addition, there will be at least one more benefit from listing New Dream...
此外,上市还有另一个好处...
Someday, when we are no longer teachers,
会有一天,当我们三个不再只是教书匠,
but representatives of the world's largest educational service cooperation, you may finally show us the respect we deserve.
而是全球最庞大教育产业股的代表,你们就会给我们应得的尊重。
We won't have to rely on lawsuits to communicate with each other.
我们不再需要通过打官司来沟通。
More importantly, I am also doing this for personal reasons.
更重要的是,我做这个决定还有一个个人原因。
I have a friend who is more brilliant than I will ever be and more deserving of success.
我有一个朋友,他比我优秀,远比我更应该成功。
But when he came to America, I witnessed the best man of my generation destroyed here.
但当他来到美国,我看到我们这一代最棒的人在这里被摧残。
Mr. Bernard, the playing field has never been even.
伯纳德先生,这里从来就不是一个公平的战场。
This is my way of reclaiming my friend's dignity.
我要用我的方式帮我的朋友赢回尊严。
According to a Chinese proverb, I am like a TuBie - a soft shell turtle, someone afraid to go out and take risks.
按中国话来说,我是个“土鳖”,一种软壳乌龟,一个害怕走出去害怕冒险的人。
Now, I am standing here, terrified even as we speak, but as my friend once said:
此刻,我站在这里,仍然不免会害怕,但我同意我这位朋友的说法:
some things are so important that enforce us to overcome our fears.
总有一些更重要的事情,赋予我们打败恐惧的勇气。
23
No time will be wasted
没有光阴会被虚度
On many an idle day have I grieved over lost time.
在许多闲散的日子,我悼惜着虚度了的光阴。
But it is never lost, my lord.
但是光阴并没有虚度,我的主。
Thou hast taken every moment of my life in thine own hands.
你掌握了我生命里寸寸的光阴。
Hidden in the heart of things thou art nourishing seeds into sprouts,
你潜藏在万物的心里,培育着种子发芽,
buds into blossoms, and ripening flowers into fruitfulness.
蓓蕾绽红,花落结实。
I was tired and sleeping on my idle bed and imagined all work had ceased.
我困乏了,在闲榻上睡眠,想象一切工作都已停歇。
In the morning I woke up and found my garden full with wonders of flowers.
早晨醒来,我发现我的园里,却开遍了异蕊奇花。
24
Me Before You
遇见你之前
Clark
克拉克
A few weeks should have passed by the time you read this.
当你看到这封信时,应该已经过了几个星期了。
If you followed the instructions, you'll be in Paris on one of those chairs that never sit quite level on the pavement,
如果你按我说的做,你现在应该在巴黎,坐在人行道上那一把摇摇欲坠的椅子上,
I hope it's still sunny.
我希望天气依旧晴朗。
Across the bridge to your right, you will see L'Artisan Perfumeur.
在你右手边的桥对岸,你会看到阿蒂仙的香水店。
You should try the scent called Papillons Extreme.
你应该试试那款叫做扑蝶的香水。
I always did think it would smell great on you.
我一直觉得那款香水会很适合你。
There are a few things I want to say and I couldn't,
我有很多话想说,但没法说出来,
because you would have got all emotional and you wouldn't have let me finish. So, here it is.
因为你一定会情绪激动,不让我把话说完。所以,听好。
When you get back home, Michael Lawler will give you access to a bank account that contains enough to give you a new beginning.
当你回到家,迈克尔·克劳勒会给你一个银行账户,里面的钱足够你开始新的生活。
Don't start panicking. It's not enough for you to sit around for the rest of your life, but it should buy your freedom.
别慌。这些钱不够你游手好闲过下半生,但是应该足够给你自由。
At least from that little town we both call home.
至少可以离开那个被我们称之为家的小镇。
Live boldly, Clark. Push yourself. Don't settle.
大胆地活着吧,克拉克。做你想做的事。不要再委屈求全。
Wear those stripy legs with pride.
自豪地穿上那条黑黄条纹紧身裤。
Knowing you still have possibilities is a luxury.
要知道能拥有无限可能其实是一种奢侈。
Knowing I might have given them to you has eased something for me.
要知道能够给予你这些能令我感到慰藉。
So, this is it. You are scored on my heart, Clark.
我要说的就是这些。你深深地刻在我心里,克拉克。
You were from the first day you walked in with your sweet smile and your ridiculous clothes,
从你第一天走进我的房间,你甜美的笑容和滑稽的服装,
and your bad jokes and your complete inability to ever hide a single thing you felt.
你的冷笑话,和你毫不掩饰自己感受到的一切。
Don't think of me too often. I don't want you getting sad.
不要太想我。我不想你伤心。
Just live well. Just live.
只要你好好的。只要你活着。
I'll be walking beside you step of the way.
我会陪你走过人生的每一步。
Love, Will
爱你的,威尔
25
If your ex gets married
如果你的前任结婚了
If you're in touch with your ex, it's inevitable that you'll eventually hear they're getting married someday.
如果你与你的前任还有联系,你终会听到他有一天会结婚,这是不可避免的。
But how should you deal with the news?
但你应该如何处理这个消息呢?
Imagine you're just casually scrolling through your social software, not really seeing anything that catches your interest.
想象一下,你只是随意浏览社交软件,但并没有发现任何你感兴趣的事情。
And then suddenly a familiar name pops up, a name that once crossed your lips very often. It's the name of your ex.
然后突然间出现了一个熟悉的名字,这个名字曾经经常萦绕在你的嘴唇上。这是你的前任的名字。
So how should you go about this? What's the best way to deal with the news?
那么你应该怎么做呢?处理这个消息的最好方法是什么?
Today I am gonna share some tips and stories with you.
今天跟大家分享一些小贴士和故事。
Adventure Yourself
去冒个险
New memories can overweigh old dusty ones. That's just science.
新鲜的记忆会淡化那些老旧的记忆,这很科学。
So it can be really helpful to either plan a trip or just try something new.
出去旅个游,做点新鲜事儿都是很有帮助的。
This fall, an ex of mine got hitched and my best friend and I drove to Toronto on a whim.
我前任今年秋天结婚了,我和朋友们一时兴起,开车去了多伦多。
Exploring a new city was the perfect distraction and it also helped to be as far away from the scene of the crime as possible.
探索从未去过的城市成功地转移了我的注意力,也让我远离了那个伤心地,使我振作起来。
The distance was refreshing and the adventure was healing.
这次冒险非常治愈。
Have Your Friends Remind You 'Why It Didn't Work Out'
找个朋友点醒你
With all past relationships it can be easy to over-romanticize what you once had.
过去的已经过去,但是人往往容易觉得失去的才最美,并且不断美化失去的恋情。
Distance does make the heart grow fonder.
距离确实产生美啊。
The night my very first boyfriend got married, my best friends came over and opened a bottle of Dom Perignon I'd been saving.
我第一个男朋友结婚的那个晚上,我和闺蜜们一起开了我珍藏的香槟。
We proceeded to have a champagne "roast" of my ex and all the ways we were ultimately incompatible.
我们边喝边吐槽我前任,聊让我们最终分手的种种原因。
It was SO good to just make light of things and laugh about all of the reasons we were better off with other people.
我们开着玩笑,说找到新的男朋友我可能会过得更好,这感觉真是太棒了。
If this is a little dark for your taste, have your friends toast you and how badass you are.
如果这对你来说有点暗黑了,那就让你的朋友把你夸上天吧……
Know That However You Feel Is Fine
不管你是什么感受都可以
Sometimes it's hard to decipher how exactly you're feeling when an ex gets married.
其实,前任结婚的时候,你的内心感受一般都很复杂,难以表述。
You go from nostalgic to hurt to indignant and back again.
怀旧、伤心、愤愤不平……如此循环往复。
A good thing to do the weekend your ex gets married is just let yourself feel whatever you want.
前任结婚的那个周末,你还可以花上点时间,感受下自己的情绪。
You're not pathetic if you are sad; you're not cold-hearted if you're not.
如果你很伤心,你也并不可悲;如果你不伤心,你也并不冷血。
If you're still bitter, fine, and if you are genuinely happy for him, fantastic.
如果你还是难过,没问题,如果你真的为他开心,那就太棒了。
Limit social media stalking
别看TA朋友圈了
Especially if the relationship still stings or was fairly recent, the less you know about this wedding, the better.
尤其是当你还很在意这段感情,或者你们刚刚分手。关于婚礼,你知道的越少越好。
This fall when my most recent ex got married,
我最近的一个前任秋天结婚了,
I decided I could look at my ex's Weibo once just so that my brain would know it was actually happening.
我决定去她的Weibo上看一眼,好让自己清醒一点。
I said I'd just look at the most recent one.
我决定只看她最新的一条(关于结婚的)状态。
It was very surreal and I completely lost my marbles for a second,
当时我失神了一会儿,
but would you believe me if I told you that after that I never looked again?
但在这之后,我都没再去社交媒体上看过她。你信吗?
Well, that's true. All of that to say, less is definitely more if you are hurting.
是真的。告诉你,如果你难过,少看社交媒体为妙。
Marriage is not a race. It's not even a valid measurement for success or happiness.
婚姻不是比赛,它也不是成功或幸福的衡量标准。
Someday, it may be your ex who finds out that you're the one about to get married.
也许有一天,你的前任才是那个发现你即将结婚的人。
Then they would be the one going through all the steps mentioned above.
他们也许成为践行上述步骤的那个人。
But by then, you'd probably be too deliriously happy with your wedding to even care!
但到那时,你可能只顾着为婚礼开心而不在乎其他了!
26
I love your imperfections
我爱你的不完美
Dear Mary,
亲爱的玛丽,
Please find enclosed my entire Noblet collection as a sign that I forgive you.
请收下我收集的所有“诺布利特”玩偶,作为我原谅你的见证。
When I received your book, the emotions inside my brain felt like they were in a tumble dryer, smashing into each other.
当我收到你的书,我的感受就像是转筒式干燥机,纠缠在了一起。
The hurt felt like when I accidentally stapled my lips together.
那种疼痛就像是我的嘴被钉到了一起。
The reason I forgive you is because you are not perfect.
我之所以原谅你,是因为人无完人。
You are imperfect, and so am I.
你不完美,我也一样。
All humans are imperfect, even the man outside my apartment who litters.
人无完人,包括门外那个乱扔垃圾的人。
When I was young, I wanted to be anybody but myself.
我年轻时,我对自己很失望。
Dr Bernard said if I was on a desert island, then I would have to get used to my own company -- just me and the coconuts.
伯纳德医生说如果我在一座荒岛上,我就会习惯无人陪伴,只有我和椰子树的生活。
He said I would have to accept myself, my warts and all.
他说那时我就会接受自己,完全接受。
And then we don't get to choose our warts.
那时我们不会在意自己的缺陷。
They are a part of us and we have to live with them.
那也是我们的一部分,我们得学会接受。
We can, however, choose our friends.
但是,我们可以选择朋友。
And I am glad I have chosen you.
我很高兴能和你做朋友。
Dr Bernard also said that everyone's lives are like a very long sidewalk.
伯纳德医生还说过,人的生活就像是一条很长的人行道。
Some are well paved. Others, like mine, have cracks, banana skins and cigarette butts.
有的铺的很好。有的,比如我的,就有裂缝、香蕉皮还有烟头。
Your sidewalk is like mine, but probably not as many cracks.
你的人行道和我的很像,但没有那么多裂缝。
Hopefully, one day, our sidewalks will meet, and we can share a can of condensed milk.
希望有一天,我们的人行道交汇了,可以一起喝罐浓缩酸奶。
You are my best friend. You are my only friend.
你是我最好的朋友。也是我唯一的朋友。
Your penpal, Max.
你的老笔友,马克思。
27
I hope you find the love
我希望你找到真爱
I could live in a different place with a different house and a different name.
我想生活在另一个地方,有着与现在不一样的房子和不一样的名字。
I could sing you your favorite song, you'd sing along, you'd sing along.
我想为你唱你总是独自哼着的那首你最喜欢的歌。
I could wrap you in your favorite clothes and kiss your face just so you know (that) I'm the one who has got your back.
我想让你穿上你最喜欢的衣服然后亲吻你的脸颊,这样你就能体会到我就是那个会一直支持你的人。
Now turn around and don't be sad.
现在转过身来,不要悲伤。
I hope you find the love that's true, so the morning light can shine on you.
我希望你找到真爱,沐浴在清晨的阳光里。
I hope you find what you're looking for, so your heart is warm for ever more.
我希望你找到想要的一切,心中愈发温暖。
I could fly you away with me to the furthest place you'll ever be.
我想带你飞去你从未到达的遥远地方。
We could smoke 'til the sun goes down and without a sound, without a sound.
我们可以一起抽着烟直至太阳西斜,不发一言。
We'd fall asleep by the big blue sea, with open eyes so we could see the way it shines for you and I.
我们会在浩瀚蔚蓝的海边睁着眼睛直到睡,睁开双眼,我们就能看见我们两人被照亮的未来。
You know it'll shine until we fly.
你知道我们的道路会一直光亮。
I could wait with you by the water.
我会在冬日的水边等你。
I could wait with you for the winter to come.
我会与你一起等待冬天来临。
I could stand with you with your snow boots on.
我会与穿着雪靴的你站在一起。
28
I am like a flowing cloud
我好似一朵流云
That floats on high over vales and hills
在山丘和谷地上飘荡
When all at once I saw a crowd a host, of golden daffodils
忽然间我看见一群金色的水仙花迎春开放
Beside the lake, beneath the trees
在树荫下,在湖水边
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
迎着微风起舞翩翩
Continuous as the stars that shine
连绵不绝,如繁星灿烂
And twinkle on the milky way
在银河里闪闪发光
They stretched in never-ending line
它们沿着湖湾的边缘
Along the margin of a bay
延伸成无穷无尽的一行
Ten thousand saw I at a glance
我一眼看见了一万朵
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance
在欢舞之中起伏颠簸
The waves beside them danced; but they out-did the sparkling waves in glee
粼粼波光也在跳着舞,水仙的欢欣却胜过水波
A poet could not but be gay
与这样快活的伴侣为伍
In such a jocund company
诗人怎能不满心欢乐
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
我久久凝望,却想象不到
What wealth the show to me had brought
这奇景赋予我多少财宝
For oft, when on my couch I lie
每当我躺在床上不眠
In vacant or in pensive mood
或心神空茫,或默默沉思
They flash upon that inward eye
它们常在心灵中闪现
Which is the bliss of solitude
那是孤独之中的福祉
And then my heart with pleasure fills
于是我的心便涨满幸福
And dances with the daffodils
和水仙一同翩翩起舞
29
Four seasons
四季
Four seasons to fill up a year's time,
四个季节把一年的时间填满,
A person's heart also contains four seasons.
人的心灵也包含着四个季节。
In the spring of his youthful, in an instant,
在他朝气蓬勃的春天,一瞬间,
Clear handsome reward absorbed all of beauty.
清晰的俊赏吸收了美的一切。
In summer, he loved the young mind
在他的夏天,他爱把年轻思想
In the spring mining nectar savour repeatedly,
在春天里采的花蜜反复品味,
To appreciate the sweet fragrance of honey,
细细欣赏那蜜汁的甘甜芳香,
In this meditation and fly high.
乘着这高远的冥想冲天而飞。
His heart fall like wings,
他心灵的秋天有如小湾安谧,
Then he tucked contentedly wings,
这时他心满意足地收拢翅膀,
Lazy at fog color; Feast for the eyes of all things
懒看着雾色;赏心悦目的万事
Like creek drips through the door, not in his heart.
像小河淌过门前,不在他心上。
He also has a recognition of the pale winter,
他也有面目全非的苍白冬天,
Unless he went before the nature of death.
除非他走在自然的死亡之前。
30
Failure is the real wealth
失败才是真正的财富
Have you ever failed?
你曾经失败过吗?
If you haven't, I suggest you try some.
如果你没有,那我建议你去尝试一下。
I have failed, many times.
我失败过,太多次了。
And some of these failures were even painful.
而这些失败之中有一些是很惨痛的。
But I cherish them more than I cherish my success.
但我珍惜它们,更甚于我珍惜我的成功。
Success sometimes makes you numb.
成功有时候会让你麻木。
But failures make you awake.
但失败则会让你清醒。
Failures are cleansing.
失败让你觉得神清气爽。
Failing is not necessarily losing.
失败并不一定意味着输。
Neither does a failure make you a loser.
失败了也并不代表你就是个失败者。
Failing is just the name we give to the state you stay in until you succeed.
我们只是用失败来称呼成功之前的那种状态而已。
A failure is a precious opportunity to learn new things.
一次失败是一次学习新东西的好机会。
And trust me. You always remember what you learn in failures better than those you learn in success.
而且,相信我。你永远会把失败中所学的东西,记得比成功中所学的东西更牢固。
Failing doesn't mean you lost something forever.
一次失败并不意味着你就永远失去了什么。
It only means that you didn't get it yet and you have to find another way to get it.
它只是意味着你现在还没得到它,而你需要想另一个办法去得到它。
And isn't that a treasure?
而这难道不是一份宝藏吗?
A new direction to think.
一个全新的思考方向。
Don't pray for easy success. That' a curse.
请不要祈求唾手可得的成功。那是一种诅咒。
Pray for hard failure.
去祈求重大的失败吧。
As long as it doesn't kill you, it will definitely make you stronger.
只要它没能将你杀死,那它必将使你更强大。
来源:教英语音乐的呦呦