摘要:美国总统特朗普和亿万富翁马斯克这对昔日盟友突然翻脸,特朗普威胁取消特斯拉政府补贴,马斯克则暗示该弹劾特朗普,双方在社交媒体隔空交锋。商界与政坛的"口水战"接下来会如何收场?
美国总统特朗普和亿万富翁马斯克这对昔日盟友突然翻脸,特朗普威胁取消特斯拉政府补贴,马斯克则暗示该弹劾特朗普,双方在社交媒体隔空交锋。商界与政坛的"口水战"接下来会如何收场?
Yesterday, Elon Musk yesterday fired a couple of shots at the big, beautiful bill Trump's desperately trying to jam down our throats.
昨日,埃隆·马斯克对唐纳德·特朗普急切推行的“大漂亮”税改法案发起了多次抨击。
Uncharacteristically, Trump did not respond.
破天荒的是,特朗普没回应 ——
He didn't take the bait.
他没有上钩。
If anything, he seemed to be in hiding.
甚至像在躲猫猫。
He had no press conferences.
没开记者会。
He didn't post about it.
没发社交媒体。
He almost behaved like, dare I say, the president of the United States.
甚至表现得有点像……恕我直言,总统该有的样子?
Unfortunately for him, he had a visit scheduled with the German chancellor today, and that would have been a fun area of discussion for the show tonight too, because he said a whole bunch of nutty stuff.
可惜,他今天约了德国总理会谈。这本来也是今晚节目的好素材 ——因为他说了一堆疯话。
He said some dumb things about D-Day, he claimed the price of eggs is down 400%, he said gasoline is down to $1.98 a gallon, which is not even close to true.
比如聊诺曼底登陆时胡说八道,声称鸡蛋价格跌了 400%,还说汽油降到 1.98 美元 / 加仑,根本没这回事好吧。
And then, of course, reporters asked him about Elon, and Trump started pecking away cautiously.
当记者问到埃隆,特朗普开始小心翼翼地 “啄食”(暗指措辞谨慎)。
He said he was disappointed in Elon, talked about how well they got along, he said Elon, he was upset about incentives for electric vehicles being cut.
说对埃隆很失望,强调他们曾多要好,还说埃隆是因为电动车补贴被砍才生气。
And Elon was watching this, I guess, because he started tweeting responses to each statement Trump made about him in real time.
埃隆显然在实时追剧,因为他立刻发推逐条反驳。
He said Trump was lying.
他说特朗普在撒谎。
He said that without him, Trump would have lost the election.
还放话 “没有我,特朗普早输掉大选了”。
Trump then posted that Elon was wearing thin.
特朗普随后发帖称埃隆正逐渐失去影响力。
He asked him to leave.
他让埃隆离开。
And he went crazy.
埃隆随即气得发疯。
Trump threatened to terminate Musk's government contracts.
特朗普还威胁要终止马斯克的政府合同。
And then Elon Musk went absolutely nuclear.
然后埃隆彻底炸了 —— 直接爆出大瓜!
He tweeted, let's put that up on the big screen.
他发推,我们放到大屏幕上看吧。
"Time to drop the really big bomb. Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. That is the real reason they've not been made public. Have a nice day, DJT."
“该放大招了 ——唐纳德·特朗普在爱泼斯坦文件里。这就是文件没公开的真正原因。祝你今天过得愉快,DJT!”
You know, I knew this day would come, and yet somehow it's even better than I imagined.
天呐,我就知道有这一天,但没想到比想象中还刺激。
It's like coming down the stairs on Christmas morning and finding a second tree.
这就像圣诞节的早晨下楼时,发现还有第二棵圣诞树一样令人惊喜。
And lest anyone think he was trolling, Musk added, "Mark this post for the future. The truth will come out."
怕有人觉得他在开玩笑,埃隆还补刀:“记好我今天发的推文,未来真相会大白。”
Man, oh, man.
真刺激。
Vader turns on the emperor again.
这简直是达斯·维达反杀皇帝啊!(《星球大战》梗)
That's a serious accusation, what does Elon know?
这么严重的指控,埃隆到底知道什么?
What evidence could there possibly be that Trump was in league with Jeffrey Epstein other than this and this?
除了这些之外,还有什么证据能证明唐纳德·特朗普与杰弗里·爱泼斯坦勾结呢?
And, well, who could forget this video that Elon went ahead and posted today of, Don and Jeff getting their freak off at a party.
除了这些,他今天还发了一段“特朗普和爱泼斯坦在派对狂欢” 的视频。
I don't know what information Elon has, but I doubt he's just making it up.
我不知道埃隆掌握了什么信息,但我觉得他不会凭空编造。
Because if it's not true, he could get sued for a zillion dollars for something like this.
如果这不是真的,他可能会因此被起诉,赔偿10亿美金。
It also makes this response that Trump had to a question he was asked almost a year ago when he was running a lot more interesting.
这也让特朗普去年竞选时的一段采访更耐人寻味。
Would you declassify the 9-11 files?
您会解密911文件吗?
Yeah.
会的。
Would you declassify JFK files?
那会解密肯尼迪文件吗?
Yeah.
也会。
I did a lot of it.
我解密了其中很多内容。
Would you declassify the Epstein files?
爱泼斯坦文件呢?
Yeah.
会。
Yeah, I would.
我会。
All right.
好吧。
I guess I would.
我想我会。
I think that less so, because, you know, you don't know.
不过也未必如此,因为,你知道,有些事谁也说不准。
You don't want to affect people's lives if it's phony stuff in there, because it's a lot of phony stuff with that whole world.
我不想让假消息影响别人生活 ——那个圈子里假料太多了。
And you know, that is a man who is very careful about spreading phony stuff.
而且大家都知道,他是一个非常谨慎对待 “假消息” 的人。
I mean, just ask robot Joe Biden.
问问 “机器人拜登”,他再了解不过。
I mean, just ask the cats and dogs those illegal immigrants had for lunch.
问问非法移民午餐吃的猫狗就知道了!
He's super careful about phony.
他对于虚假之事极为谨慎。
There was so much wild back and forth today.
今天这俩人来来回回太疯了。
I did something I almost never do today.
我今天为此干了件平时不怎么干的事。
I went on Twitter, OK?
我破天荒去了趟推特!
I don't know if he's scared, but Trump is still trying to play it cool.
我不知道他是否会乱了阵脚,但特朗普被爆爱泼斯坦文件后还装淡定。
After the Epstein post, he wrote, "I don't mind Elon turning against me, but he should have done so months ago."
在爱泼斯坦推文事件之后,他还发推写道,“我不介意埃隆反水,但他早该这么做了。”(讽刺其时机诡异)
I agree.
我也这么觉得。
Should have done so.
早该这么做了。
During the election is what he should have done.
选举期间就该反水了。
Musk also agreed with a post that said Trump should be impeached and replaced with J.D. Vance, which means J.D. better get that waterproof eyeliner out of the drawer. He's in a bit of a fix. He is going to have to pledge allegiance to a master fast.
埃隆还点赞 “特朗普该被弹劾,换成 JD·万斯”——JD 最好赶紧找出防水眼线笔,因为他这下麻烦了,得赶紧效忠新主子!
Just a few days ago, Elon was in the Oval Office, Trump gave him a key to the White House.
几天前,埃隆还在椭圆形办公室,特朗普授予他白宫通行证。
He said all these nice things.
把他夸得上天入地。
In February, Elon tweeted, "I love Donald Trump as much as a straight man can love another man."
二月时埃隆还发推:“直男对另一个男人的爱,不过如此。”
They couldn't quit each other.
如胶似漆。
It was like Brokeback Mountain with these two.
俩人整得像断背山里的情节似的。
And now it's all gone.
如今一切不复存在。
And battle lines are being drawn.
他俩势如水火,战线分明。
Steve Bannon said Elon Musk is an illegal alien, should be deported immediately.
史蒂夫·班农称马斯克是 “非法移民,应立即驱逐”。
Alex Jones went down the middle.
亚历克斯·琼斯立场中立。
He tweeted, God help us all.
他发推文说,愿上帝保佑我们所有人。
Even Kanye West took a break from designing his new line of summer swastikas to say, "bros, please no, we love you both so much."
就连坎爷都暂停设计“夏季纳粹标志系列”(讽刺其争议设计),“别吵啦,大家都爱你们俩”。
That's when we know things are nuts, when the guy trying to bring everyone together is Kanye West.
当坎爷都出来当和事佬,就知道事情有多离谱了。
I feel bad for Donald Trump.
其实我有点心疼唐纳德·特朗普。
I mean, first he lost Jeffrey Epstein, now Elon, he's running out of friends.
先是失去爱泼斯坦,现在又没了埃隆,朋友快散光了。
This is so hard for everyone, except me, of course.
除了我,大家都很难过(调侃节目因争议而收视高涨)。
This is great for me.
我可高兴坏了。
You know, yesterday, the Maggots were working hard to downplay any possibility of a rift between their king and their benefactor, none more so than the human cantaloupe Carl Higby of Newsmax, who saw all this as part of a brilliant diabolical plan.
昨天,各大杂志还在拼命淡化 “国王和金主决裂” 的传闻,最搞笑的是《新闻麦克斯》的 “人类哈密瓜” 卡尔·希格比,他认为这是特朗普与马斯克 “联手搞砸法案的四维象棋策略”。
This is just my theory, but I've recently been pretty right about a lot of things, so I'm just going to roll with it.
这只是我的推测,但我最近很多猜测都挺准的,所以就姑且这么想吧。
I think Trump might be working in tandem with Elon here to tank his own bill in a 4D chess move.
我觉得特朗普可能在和马斯克联手,用 “四维象棋” 策略搞砸自己的法案。
Nope.
得了吧。
That to me, sums it all up.
在我看来,这一切的本质就是 ——
These dumb guys are so dumb, they assume the other dumb guys, like Trump, are geniuses.
这些笨蛋过于愚钝,以至于总以为特朗普是天才。
Like, when you pull a coin out of a kid's ear and he thinks you're magic, that's Carl Higby.
就像从孩子耳朵里掏硬币,对方就觉得你是魔术师,卡尔·希格比就是这个傻瓜。
And what makes it even weirder is there's a huge faction of the Magaverse that is obsessed with the Jeffrey Epstein case.
更搞笑的是,MAGA (特朗普支持者)群体里一堆人沉迷爱泼斯坦案。
They see anything, they see any list of names, any lunatic posts, anywhere online, they treat them like they're the Dead Sea Scrolls.
他们看到,他们在网上看到任何“名单” 和“发疯贴”,都当《死海古卷》拜读。
But now, you've got one MAGA hero accusing another MAGA hero of withholding the Epstein files because he himself is a part of them.
如今一个 MAGA 英雄指控另一个 MAGA 英雄隐瞒爱泼斯坦文件,只因自己也涉及其中。
And what do they do?
他们会怎么做?
I can't wait to find out.
我迫不及待想了解后续。
来源:英语东