英语乐翻天- 描述圣诞节时易犯的语法错误

摘要:Good morning, good afternoon, and good tidings to all men! Welcome to Smashing English's 12 Days of Christmas, where we will give

Good morning, good afternoon, and good tidings to all men! Welcome to Smashing English's 12 Days of Christmas, where we will give you 12 videos and live streams all about Christmas!

早上好,下午好,祝所有人好运!欢迎来到 Smashing English 的圣诞节系列课程,我们将为你带来 12 个关于圣诞节的视频和直播!

Today we are doing a classic Christmas grammar quiz.

今天我们要进行一个经典的圣诞语法测验。

Yes, we have 10 sentences all with a grammar mistake.

是的,我们有 10 个句子,每个句子都有一个语法错误。

See if you can find the mistake and bonus points if you know why it's a mistake and how we can fix it.

看看你能否找出错误,如果你知道为什么这是个错误以及如何修正它,可以获得额外的分数。

Okay, let's get started!

好吧,我们开始吧!

Here we go! Number one. What's wrong with this sentence?

开始了!第一个。这个句子有什么问题?

"Last Christmas I've been to many parties".

“去年圣诞节我参加了很多派对。”

The mistake is… "I have been to many parties".

错误是……“have been to”。

We are talking about last Christmas.

我们在谈论去年的圣诞节。

Last Christmas is in the past, it's an event in the past that started in the past and is finished in the past.

去年圣诞节是在过去,它是一个在过去开始并在过去结束的事件。

So we don't use the present perfect tense for this kind of statement, we should use the past simple: "I went to many parties".

所以我们不使用现在完成时来描述这种情况,我们应该使用一般过去时:“I went to many parties。”

Don't over-complicate it.

不要把它复杂化。

If it's in the past and it's a finished action, most of the time, it's the past simple.

如果是在过去并且是一个完成的动作,大多数情况下,就是一般过去时。

Okay, what about this sentence? What's the mistake?

好吧,那这个句子呢?错误是什么?

"I love Christmas. I'm always having a good time".

“我爱圣诞节。我总是玩得很开心。”

What's the mistake?

错误是什么?

Five, four, three, two, one.

五,四,三,二,一。

Yes, "I am always having". That's the mistake.

是的,错误再于“I am always having”。

So, we are talking about Christmas, every Christmas, every year, okay?

所以,我们在谈论圣诞节,每个圣诞节,每年,好吗?

You're talking about your feelings towards Christmas overall, so when we talk about things that happen regularly, and you know that they happen routinely, we use the present simple: "I always have a good time".

你在谈论你对圣诞节的整体感受,所以当我们谈论经常发生的事情,并且你知道它们是例行发生的,我们使用一般现在时:“我总是玩得很开心。”

"Having", the present continuous, is for what's happening right now, so you might say: "Whoa! This party's great! I'm having a good time!" Because it's right now.

“Having”,现在进行时,是指现在正在发生的事情,所以你可能会说:“哇!这个派对太棒了!我玩得很开心!”因为发生在现在。

But if you talk about something that happens routinely, happens all the time: present simple.

但如果你谈论的是例行发生的事情,总是发生的事情,就用一般现在时。

Okay, next question.

好吧,下一个问题。

Here's the next one, see if you can find the mistake.

这是下一个问题,看看你能否找出错误。

"I always look forward on December 25th".

“我总是期待 12 月 25 日。”

Here is the mistake: "'on' December 25th".

这里的错误是:“'on' December 25th。”

We look forward "TO" December 25th.

这里应该是“to”。

Christmas is on December 25th, correct.

圣诞节是在 12 月 25 日——这样是正确的。

But we look forward "TO" the day.

但对于“look forward”,应该加“TO”。

Okay. What's the mistake here: "The children loves Christmas".

好吧。这里的错误是什么:“The children loves Christmas.”

"The children loves". What do you think? What's the mistake?

“The children loves”。你觉得呢?错误是什么?

The mistake is that S.

错误是那个 S。

The children 'loves' Christmas.

孩子们“爱”(loves)圣诞节。

Children is a plural, it doesn't have an 's' on the end, but it's a plural.

Children 是复数,结尾没有's',但它是复数。

So we say "the children love Christmas" because when you have a plural, you don't put an S on the end of the verb in the present simple.

所以我们说“the children love Christmas”,因为当你有一个复数时,你不在现在简单时的动词末尾加 S。

And also be careful, some of my students say "childrens".

而且要小心,我的一些学生会说“childrens”。

So they say "oh my 'childrens' are very good at soccer".

所以他们说“哦,我的孩子们很擅长足球。”

Don't ever put an S on the end of "childrens".

永远不要在“childrens”末尾加 S。

Children is already a plural, you don't need another's' on the end.

孩子们已经是复数了,你不需要在末尾再加一个's'。

Okay, hope you're doing well so far.

好吧,希望你到目前为止一切顺利。

Here is the next one: "If I had been more organized, I will have bought my wife a bracelet".

这是下一个:“如果我更有条理,我会给我妻子买一条手链。”

The mistake in this one is very very small.

这个错误非常非常小。

We don't say "will have bought", we say "would have bought".

我们不说“will have bought”,我们说“would have bought”。

This is the third conditional.

这是第三条件句。

If you're not sure about your conditionals, we've made a video about that, so maybe have a look at that video, come back to this one.

如果你不确定你的条件句,我们做了一个关于这个的视频,所以也许看看那个视频,然后再回来这个。

With the third conditional, it's very important that we say "would" instead of "will".

在第三条件句中,我们说“would”而不是“will”是非常重要的。

If I had been more organized, I would have bought my wife a bracelet.

如果我更有条理,我会给我妻子买一条手链。

Okay, next question.

好吧,下一个问题。

Okay, where's the mistake here?

好吧,这里的错误在哪里?

"I saw Santa last night with his eight reindeer".

“昨晚我看到圣诞老人和他的八只驯鹿。”

Again, it's that S. We don't need that S.

又是那个 S。我们不需要那个 S。

"Reindeer" is always "reindeer", one reindeer, two reindeer, three reindeer, four reindeer.

“Reindeer”总是“Reindeer”:一只驯鹿,两只驯鹿,三只驯鹿,四只驯鹿(都是 Reindeer)。

It's the same as deer, just normal deer, we say "Oh, look at all those deer".

这和 deer 一样,就是普通的 deer,我们说“哦,看看那些鹿”。

And it's the same with sheep as well.

羊也是一样。

"Wow, one sheep, two sheep, three sheep".

“哇,一只羊,两只羊,三只羊”。

Never "sheeps", never "deers", never "reindeers".

从来没有“sheeps”,从来没有“deers”,从来没有“reindeers”。

I don't know why the plural rules are just awful, but they are.

我不知道为什么复数规则这么糟糕,但它们就是这样。

So here is the next statement.

所以这是下一个陈述。

Can you find the mistake?

你能找到错误吗?

"This is going to be the best ever Christmas!".

“这将是有史以来最好的圣诞节!”

The mistake here is "best ever Christmas".

这里的错误是“best ever Christmas”。

What's wrong with this? "Best ever Christmas".

这有什么问题?“Best ever Christmas"”。

Well, we always separate the words "best" and "ever".

嗯,我们总是把“best”和“ever”分开。

There's always the noun in the middle.

中间总是有名词。

So we don't say "best ever Christmas", we say "best Christmas ever".

所以我们不说“best ever Christmas”,我们说“best Christmas ever”。

Okay, have a listen to this sentence, something doesn't sound quite right.

好,听听这个句子,有些地方听起来不太对。

"I'm always happy in Christmas".

“我总是在圣诞节很开心”。

What is wrong? What is wrong?

有什么问题?有什么问题?

"In". Okay, we don't say "In".

“in”。对,我们不说“in”。

I'm always very happy AT Christmas.

我总是在圣诞节很开心。

And when you're talking about the whole Christmas time, 'AT' Christmas.

当你谈论整个圣诞节期间时,用“at”。

You're not just talking about the one day, you're talking about all of December really: AT Christmas.

你不仅仅是在谈论一天,你实际上是在谈论整个十二月:在圣诞节期间。

Or you could say "I'm always very happy on Christmas Day." If you're talking about the 25th of December: on Christmas Day.

或者你可以说“我总是在圣诞节那天很开心”。如果你在谈论 12 月 25 日:在圣诞节那天。

Because with days we say "on": On Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Christmas Day.

因为对于具体的日子,我们说“on”:在星期一,在星期二,在星期三,在圣诞节那天。

Okay, here's the next one.

好,这是下一个。

"What are you going to buy Aunt Lucy at Christmas?" Have a think.

“你打算在圣诞节买什么给露西阿姨?”想一想。

I think I'll go make a cup of tea and I'll be back.

我想我去泡杯茶,然后回来。

We don't say "AT Christmas", we say "FOR Christmas".

我们不说“at Christmas”,我们说“for Christmas”。

Ooh this is confusing!

哦,这很混乱!

"At Christmas", we are talking about the Christmas period, maybe the month of December, Christmas time, like "I see my family at Christmas".

“At Christmas”,我们在谈论圣诞节期间,也许是十二月,圣诞节时间,比如“我在圣诞节见我的家人”。

But we use "for Christmas" in this sentence because we bought something for the purpose of Christmas.

但在这个句子中我们用“for Christmas”,因为我们买了东西是为了圣诞节的目的。

So the question isn't asking what are you going to buy Aunt Lucy around Christmas time or during Christmas time.

所以问题不是在问你打算在圣诞节期间或圣诞节期间买什么给露西阿姨。

The question is actually asking what are you going to buy Aunt Lucy for the purpose of Christmas?

问题实际上是在问你打算为了圣诞节买什么给露西阿姨?

Celebrating Christmas.

庆祝圣诞节。

Okay, and the final question. What is wrong with this sentence?

好,最后一个问题。这个句子有什么问题?

"It's always very freezing in December".

“十二月总是非常冷”。

Okay, what doesn't sound right to you?

好,什么听起来不对劲?

If you said "very", congratulations!

如果你说“very”,恭喜!

So, when you have these extreme adjectives like freezing, hilarious, amazing, putting "very" in front of them makes the adjective seem less and the whole point of these adjectives are so that we don't need to use the word "very".

所以,当你有这些极端形容词如冷冻、搞笑、惊人时,把“very”放在它们前面会让形容词显得不那么具有强调意为,而这些形容词的全部意义就是我们不需要用“very”这个词。

So if we have "cold", we could say "very cold", sure.

所以如果我们用“cold”,我们可以说“very cold”,当然没问题。

But we could say freezing! That's better!

但我们可以说“freezing”!那更好!

So we've already chosen that better adjective.

所以我们已经选择了那个更好的形容词。

Don't put "very" in front of it because it makes it seem less.

不要把“very”放在它前面,因为这会让它显得不那么强。

So, try to learn more adjectives rather than putting "very" or "so" in front of it.

所以,试着学习更多的形容词,而不是在它前面加“very”或“so”。

Well, there you go! How many did you get right?

好啦!你答对了多少?

Let me know in the comments down below.

在下面的评论中告诉我。

However you did, well done!

无论你做得如何,做得好!

I'm sure you will learn from your mistakes!

我相信你会从错误中学习!

If you did make any mistakes, it's good! It's good to make mistakes!

如果你确实犯了错误,那很好!犯错误很好!

It means that we learn!

这意味着我们在学习!

So, well done! Go and have a nice glass of hot milk or something, I don't know, and we will see you for the next day of Christmas! Ta-ta!

所以,做得好!去喝一杯热牛奶或其他东西,我不知道,我们在下一个圣诞节系列课程中再见!拜拜!

来源:英语东

相关推荐