摘要:Well, Summer is starting to draw to a close, summer is starting to come to a close.
Well, Summer is starting to draw to a close, summer is starting to come to a close.
好吧,夏天即将结束,夏天即将结束。
Those are two phrases we use to talk about something that is ending.
这是我们用来谈论某件事即将结束的两个短语。
I need to go back to work tomorrow.
我明天需要回去上班。
In fact, this is the outfit I will be wearing.
事实上,这就是我要穿的衣服。
I thought I would put it on for this video.
我想把它放在这个视频里。
I'm wearing my teaching shoes.
我穿着我的教学鞋。
I'm wearing a shirt with a collar and the pants that I normally wear.
我穿着一件有领子的衬衫和我平常穿的裤子。
No longer can I wear shorts and jeans and just hang out in a t shirt.
我不能再穿短裤和牛仔裤,只穿着 T 恤出去了。
So in this English lesson, I'm going to teach you a few phrases we use when we're talking about something that is ending.
所以在这节英语课中,我将教你们一些我们在谈论某件事结束时使用的短语。
And like I said, the first two to come to a close and to draw to a close.
正如我所说的,前两个即将结束,也即将结束。
These are phrases we use to describe things that are no longer happening.
这些是我们用来描述不再发生的事情的短语。
So summer is definitely coming to a close.
夏天确实即将结束。
It's drawing to a close.
一切即将结束。
And tomorrow I'll need to start teaching.
明天我就要开始教书了。
So I noticed on the ground over here there are a few leaves.
我注意到这边的地上有几片树叶。
It seems like summer is starting to wind down a little bit.
似乎夏天开始稍微结束一点了。
In English, when we say something is starting to wind down, by the way, it's not quite fall yet, but it's coming in a few weeks.
在英语中, 当我们说某事开始平息时,顺便说一下, 现在还没有完全进入秋天,但几周后就会到来。
In English, when we say something is starting to wind down or when something is winding down, it means again that it is coming to an end.
在英语中,当我们说某事开始平息或某事正在结束时,它再次意味着它即将结束。
Right now, the days are a little cooler.
现在,天气稍微凉爽一些。
The nights are definitely a lot cooler, much cooler than it was back in July.
夜晚确实凉爽多了,比七月份凉爽多了。
So definitely the summer is starting to wind down.
夏天肯定已经开始结束。
We'll still have a few hot days here and there.
部分地区仍会经历几天炎热天气。
We'll still have a few warm nights here and there.
我们这里或那里仍会有几个温暖的夜晚。
But we can certainly start to sense that summer is ending.
但我们确实开始感觉到夏天即将结束。
It's starting to wind down.
天气开始渐渐平息了。
So last week was definitely the final stretch.
因此上周绝对是最后阶段。
It was the final stretch of summer.
那是夏天的最后阶段。
In English, when we use the phrase the final stretch, we're talking about the last few days before something ends or the last couple of weeks.
在英语中,当我们使用短语“the final stage”时,我们指的是某件事结束前的最后几天或最后几周。
I did a lot of work for Jen on the farm last week in the final stretch of summer because I will have less time to help her over the next few weeks.
上周,也就是夏天的最后阶段,我在农场为 Jen 做了很多工作,因为接下来的几周我没有太多时间来帮助她。
So in English, when you are in the final stretch, it means you're in those last few days or weeks before something ends.
所以在英语中,当你处于最后阶段时,意思是你处于某件事结束前的最后几天或几周。
So you might be wondering if I'm sad that summer is ending and I have to say I'm ready to close the door on summer.
所以你可能想知道我是否因为夏天即将结束而感到难过,而我不得不说我已经准备好关上夏天的大门了。
I'm ready to start teaching.
我已准备好开始教学了。
In English, when you say you're going to close the door on something, it means you're going to stop doing it or that it is over.
在英语中,当你说要关上某件事的门时,它的意思是你将停止做这件事,或者这件事已经结束了。
I'm definitely ready to close the door on summer.
我已经准备好结束夏天了。
I do like teaching.
我确实喜欢教书。
I do like farming in the summer.
我确实喜欢夏天务农。
But I don't mind going back to work at this time of year.
但我并不介意每年这个时候回去工作。
It is starting to get a little bit colder.
天气开始变得有点冷了。
There's less work for me to do on the farm as well.
我在农场上要做的工作也少了。
So I'm definitely ready for it to end.
所以我已经做好了结束它的准备。
I'm ready to close the door on it.
我已准备好关上这扇门了。
Summer, however, was amazing.
然而,夏天却是令人惊奇的。
I had a lot of fun this past summer with my family, with my kids.
去年夏天,我和我的家人、孩子们过得很开心。
It was fun to go visit Brent in Maine at the beginning of the summer.
夏天初去缅因州拜访布伦特很有趣。
But all good things must come to an end.
但一切美好的事物都必须有个结束。
That's a saying we have in English that we say at a time like this, when you do something fun, at some point it does end.
这是我们英语中的一句谚语,我们在这种时候会说,当你做一些有趣的事情时,在某个时候它就会结束。
So we say, all good things must come to an end.
所以我们说,一切美好的事物都必须有个结束。
So this past summer was good.
所以过去的这个夏天很好。
In fact, it was great.
事实上,它很棒。
But I do understand how life works.
但我确实了解生活是如何运转的。
You can't experience good times all the time.
你不可能总是经历美好的时光。
Sometimes you have to work and earn money and do things that are hard and maybe less enjoyable.
有时你必须工作赚钱,做一些困难甚至不那么愉快的事情。
So the summer is ending.
夏天就要结束了。
But hey, all good things must come to an end.
但是,一切美好的事物都必须有个结束。
So I'm talking like, I'm completely done working here on the farm, but I do need to tie up some loose ends.
所以我说的是,我在这里农场的工作已经完全完成了,但是我确实需要处理一些遗留问题。
In English, when you say you need to tie up some loose ends, it means there's a few little jobs you have to finish.
在英语中,当你说你需要整理一些松散的事情时,意思是你必须完成一些小工作。
This is a pile of compost.
这是一堆堆肥。
There's a gigantic pile over there still.
那边还有一大堆东西。
And I have to move it all over here with the tractor.
我必须用拖拉机把它们全部运过来。
I need to do a few things like that.
我需要做一些类似的事情。
I need to tie up some loose ends on the farm, but I do have time in the fall to still do that.
我需要处理农场上的一些琐事,但秋天我还有时间去做这些事情。
I can still do the little jobs.
我还能做一些小工作。
I can still tie up the loose ends.
我还能解决剩余的问题。
As many of you know, I spent a lot of time this summer improving my driveway.
你们很多人都知道,今年夏天我花了很多时间改善我的车道。
But I do still need to put the finishing touches on this project.
但我仍需要对这个项目进行最后的润色。
It's 99% done.
已完成 99%。
It's pretty much done.
基本上已经完成了。
But there's a few little things I want to do to make it look perfect.
但我想做一些小事让它看起来完美。
In English when you put the finishing touches on something, it means just that to finish those last few steps of a project.
在英语中,当你对某事进行最后的修饰时,它的意思就是完成一个项目的最后几个步骤。
So it looks amazing.
所以它看起来很神奇。
So it looks perfect.
所以它看起来很完美。
So here I just need to spend about half an hour.
所以在这里我只需要花大约半个小时。
I need to put the finishing touches on this project so it looks amazing.
我需要对这个项目进行最后的润色,让它看起来更棒。
I also still need to wrap up this project here.
我还需要在这里完成这个项目。
All of this stone needs to go here.
所有这些石头都需要运到这里。
We're putting a little driveway in here.
我们在这里修建一条小车道。
In English, when you say you need to wrap something up, it means you've started something and you just need to finish a few final details. This stone needs to be moved here.
在英语中, 当你说你需要结束某件事时,这意味着你已经开始做某件事,只需要完成一些最后的细节。这块石头需要搬到这里。
It needs to be smoothed out.
需要将其弄平整。
I need to wrap up this project for sure before winter comes.
我必须在冬天来临之前完成这个项目。
Hopefully I can do it in the next few weeks.
希望我能在接下来的几周内完成它。
Hopefully on a Saturday afternoon my son and I can get together and we can work on this project and we can get it wrapped up.
希望周六下午我和我的儿子可以聚在一起完成这个项目并把它完成。
So as summer ends, there's a few things that I didn't get done and I'd like to teach you this English phrase as I talk about them.
所以, 随着夏天的结束,有几件事我还没有完成,当我谈论它们时, 我想教你们这句英语短语。
And the phrase is don't look back.
这句话就是“不要回头”。
There are things that I just didn't get done and I won't get done until next summer.
有些事情我还没有完成,而且要等到明年夏天才能完成。
And in my mind I just think, hey, don't look back.
我心里想着,嘿,别回头。
I got a lot of things done this summer.
今年夏天我做了很多事情。
I am very happy and proud of the work I did and there just wasn't enough time to do everything.
我对我所做的工作感到非常高兴和自豪,只是没有足够的时间来完成所有的事情。
So I just think don't look back.
所以我只是认为不要回头。
That means I'm going to think about today, I'm going to think about the future.
这意味着我要思考今天,我要思考未来。
I'm not going to think about the past.
我不会去想过去的事情。
Don't look back.
不要回头。
And on that note, we'll end with this phrase, all's well that ends well.
最后,我们以这句话作为结束语:结局好一切都好。
This is a phrase we say when something is ending and it's ending well.
当某件事即将结束,而且结局很好时,我们会说这句话。
But you know, there were some things maybe you didn't get done but you're still really happy.
但你知道,有些事情可能你没有完成,但你仍然很高兴。
All's well that ends well.
结局好一切都好。
I definitely would say that about this summer.
关于这个夏天我肯定会这么说。
I got lots of work done on my YouTube channel.
我在我的 YouTube 频道上完成了很多工作。
I got lots of work done here on the farm.
我在这个农场做了很多工作。
I am very happy with the things that I accomplished and I'm not going to worry about the things that I didn't get to.
我对自己已完成的事情感到非常高兴,并且不会担心自己未完成的事情。
So all's well that ends well.
所以只要结局好,一切都好。
Well, thank you so much for watching this English lesson.
好吧,非常感谢您观看这节英语课。
I hope the ten English phrases that I taught you about how to talk about things that are ending will help you in your next English conversation.
我希望我教给你们的关于如何谈论即将结束的事情的十个英语短语能够在你们下一次的英语对话中提供帮助。
If this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button.
如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击红色的订阅按钮。
Give me a thumbs up.
给我点个赞吧。
Leave a comment below.
在下面留下你的评论。
And if you have some more time and you want to learn some more English, there's always more English lessons to watch. Bye.
如果你还有时间,并且想学更多英语,那么这里还有更多英语课程可供观看。再见。
来源:英语东