摘要:Hi, my name is Michael, and this is a day in the life of a Medical assistant.
What motivates me is to have the ability to make a difference in people's lives.
我的动力来自于能够改变人们的生活。
What brings you in today?
今天您来这里是为了什么?
Hi, my name is Michael, and this is a day in the life of a Medical assistant.
大家好,我叫迈克尔,这是一名医疗助理的日常生活。
We have 38 patients.
我们有 38 名患者。
Gonna be rooming the patients, taking vitals, figuring out what brings them in, and then passing them to the provider.
将为病人安排房间, 测量生命体征,查明他们来的原因, 然后将其转交给医疗服务提供者。
Hello!
你好!
How's it going?
怎么样了?
Good.
好的。
My primary job is to care for patients, ask the questions, to understand why the patient is being seen, report the vitals, and then pass this information to the provider so that they can get the care that they need.
我的主要工作是照顾病人,提出问题,了解病人就诊的原因,报告生命体征, 然后将这些信息传递给医疗服务提供者, 以便他们能够得到所需的护理。
Some of the skills needed to be a medical assistant is to keep an open mind.
成为一名医疗助理所需的技能之一是保持开放的心态。
Just having an understanding that every day is going to be different.
只是明白每一天都会有所不同。
But also remain flexible and understanding.
但也要保持灵活性和理解力。
We can give shots.
我们可以打针。
We can take blood.
我们可以抽血。
We can do EKGs.
我们可以做心电图。
We can do bladder scans.
我们可以做膀胱扫描。
It offers a unique opportunity into the medical field.
它为进入医学领域提供了独特的机会。
Hey, how are you doing today?
嘿,你今天过得怎么样?
I'm doing good.
我很好。
How about yourself?
那你自己呢?
I'm doing well.
我很好。
Thank you for asking.
谢谢你的提问。
Medical assisting is very fulfilling for me because I have actually seen patients who have come in with one problem and then over time improve and get better and be back to their normal self.
医疗助理对我来说非常有成就感,因为我确实看到过一些病人,他们刚来的时候有一个问题,但随着时间的推移,病情逐渐好转,恢复正常。
So what brings you in today?
那么今天您来这里是为了什么呢?
I've been having a cough for several days.
我已经咳嗽好几天了。
I'm sorry to hear that.
我很遗憾听到这个消息。
Any chest pain with a cough?
咳嗽时有胸痛吗?
Some of the challenges that I face daily as a medical assistant include dealing with patients that are in distress, just learning to be really patient and understanding with them.
作为一名医疗助理, 我每天面临的挑战包括处理处于困境的患者,学会真正耐心地理解他们。
Roughly, it looks like your blood pressure is 111 over 76.
大致来说,您的血压似乎是 111/76。
Let me get this stuff off you and the doctor will be right in, OK?
让我把这些东西给你弄掉,医生马上就来,好吗?
I like to show patients that I genuinely care about them and their well-being.
我喜欢向病人表明我真诚地关心他们和他们的健康。
And I feel like patients truly feel that, which makes me feel good.
我觉得病人确实感受到了这一点,这让我感觉很好。
Any new allergies to medications?
有任何新的药物过敏吗?
No new allergies.
没有新的过敏。
OK.
好的。
Before I got into the medical field, I did commercial photography for 17 years.
在进入医疗领域之前,我从事了17年的商业摄影。
One thing that the medical field offered that photography didn't was consistency with pay, but also great, great benefits.
医疗领域提供而摄影所不具备的一点就是稳定的薪酬,而且福利非常好。
So this was something that was important with me having a growing family.
所以这对于我不断壮大的家庭来说非常重要。
I actually became a medical assistant in seven weeks.
我确实在七周内就成为了一名医疗助理。
So I had to read a 1,500-page book, and then at the end, pass the national test.
所以我必须读一本 1,500 页的书,然后最后通过全国考试。
Then I had to do a 160-hour externship, which I did here.
然后我必须进行 160 小时的实习,我在这里完成了。
And then once those were done, I was hired for the company.
这些都完成后,我就被公司录用了。
Hi doctor, your patient's ready in room five.
您好,医生,您的病人在五号房间准备好了。
Typically, my schedule is eight to five.
通常,我的时间安排是朝八点到下午五点。
Monday through Friday, I have weekends off.
周一到周五,周末我休息。
But if you're Working in, let's say, a hospital setting or urgent care, you could be working weekends, you could be working nights, you could be working holidays.
但如果你在医院或紧急护理机构工作,你可能需要在周末工作,也可能需要在晚上工作,也可能需要在节假日工作。
One could work in just one clinic.
一个人可以只在一家诊所工作。
Others, you could work in multiple clinics, like myself, as a float.
其他人,你可以像我一样,作为一名流动人员在多家诊所工作。
It's important to stay hydrated.
保持水分很重要。
I'm experiencing a lot of stomach pains lately.
最近我的胃痛得很厉害。
OK.
好的。
The steps that someone needs to take to become a medical assistant is by first going to a program.
要成为一名医疗助理,首先需要参加一个项目。
This could be a nine-month program.
这可能是一个为期九个月的计划。
This could be a two-year program or an accelerated program like I did.
这可能是一个两年制的项目,或者像我一样是一个加速项目。
Also a certification test, which is highly recommended, may or may not be required depending on the company that you're working for.
此外, 我们强烈建议您参加认证测试,但根据您所在的公司的不同, 可能需要或不需要认证测试。
And then complete an externship, which is great because it's hands-on training in the company that hopefully you will be working for.
然后完成实习,这很棒,因为这是你希望为之工作的公司提供的实践培训。
And then are you taking any medications right now?
您现在有服用任何药物吗?
No.
不。
Okay.
好的。
A lot of times people will either stay a medical assistant, or they'll become an LVN, an RN, or something completely different.
很多时候, 人们要么继续做医疗助理,要么成为护理师、注册护士或完全不同的职业。
There's so many different opportunities in the medical field, and I think medical assisting is a great foot in the door.
医疗领域有很多不同的机会,我认为医疗助理是一个很好的机会。
Looks like you have a follow-up appointment tomorrow.
看起来您明天有一个后续预约。
Were you able to get your labs done?
你能完成实验室工作吗?
In medical assisting, the national average salary is $51,000 a year.
在医疗助理领域,全国平均年薪为 51,000 美元。
So this is a great entry-level position into the medical field.
所以这是进入医学领域的一个很好的入门职位。
Medical assisting is in high demand, so if you're looking for a consistent job, decent pay, medical assisting might be for you.
医疗助理的需求量很大,因此如果您正在寻找一份稳定的工作、不错的薪水,那么医疗助理可能适合您。
Just got home from work.
刚下班回家。
It was a good day.
这真是美好的一天。
And after work, I like to unwind and spend time with my family.
下班后,我喜欢放松并与家人共度时光。
Work-life balance is very important to me.
工作与生活的平衡对我来说非常重要。
I love getting home, having my son open the door, just run out.
我喜欢回到家,看到儿子打开门,就跑出去。
It's just a beautiful thing to make a difference in people's lives at work, but also make a difference in people's lives in my own home.
这不仅在工作中改变了人们的生活,而且在我自己家里也改变了人们的生活,真是一件美好的事情。
Thank you for watching.
感谢您的观看。
Please subscribe to Indeed's channel.
请订阅 Indeed 频道。
We'll see you next time.
来源:英语东