Bob老师- 如何用英语描述严寒天气 Extremely Cold Weather

360影视 2025-02-05 20:46 3

摘要:In fact, if I turn a little bit, you'll see that there's just...

Well hello and welcome to this English lesson where I'm going to help you learn how to describe extremely cold weather.

嗯,你好,欢迎来到这节英语课,我将帮助您学习如何描述极冷的天气。

It's really cold here right now.

现在这里真的很冷。

In fact, here's the first two things I wanted to teach you.

事实上,这是我想教你的前两件事。

The river is frozen over, but it's not frozen solid.

河水结冰了,但是还没有完全结冰。

I'm actually standing on the river right now.

我现在实际上就站在河上。

The ice is probably about 4 or 5 inches thick.

冰大概有4或5英寸厚。

It's been minus 15, minus 20 for a while.

有一段时间是零下 15 度、零下 20 度。

Right now it's minus 12. It's quite cold.

现在是零下12度,很冷。

So the river is frozen over.

所以河水结冰了。

When we say a body of water is frozen over, it means there's no water visible.

当我们说水体结冰时,这意味着看不到水。

It's ice everywhere.

到处都是冰。

In fact, if I turn a little bit, you'll see that there's just...

事实上,如果我稍微转一下,你就会看到......

I mean, it looks like water, but it's not.

我的意思是,它看起来像水,但它不是。

This is all ice, but it's not frozen solid.

这都是冰,但并没有冻结。

When we say something is frozen solid, it means that there's no water underneath. Here if I was to chip through the ice, eventually I would find water and there would be fish and everything down there.

当我们说某物是冻结的固体时,这意味着下面没有水。如果我在这里凿开冰层,最终我会找到水,那里会有鱼和所有东西。

If the river was frozen solid, it would mean that it's ice all the way down to the bottom of the river.

如果河流是结冰的,那就意味着它一直到河底都是冰。

So there's your first two terms.

这就是你的前两个任期。

So an interesting thing about really cold, extreme weather is that you can see your breath.

真正寒冷、极端天气的一个有趣之处是你可以看到自己的呼吸。

I'm not sure if you can see it on camera, but when I breathe out, I can see my breath in the air.

我不确定你是否能在相机上看到它,但当我呼气时, 我可以看到我的呼吸在空气中。

This happens because there's moisture, there's water in your breath, and when it comes out of your mouth, it turns into small drops that you can see.

发生这种情况是因为有水分,你的呼吸中有水,当它从你的嘴里出来时,它会变成你可以看到的小滴。

I wish it was a little more visible.

我希望它更明显一点。

I could just see little wisps of it right now.

我现在只能看到它的一小缕。

But another thing that happens when it's this cold, you can see your breath.

但是当天气这么冷时,会发生另一件事,你可以看到你的呼吸。

So there's something important that you have to do when it's this cold, and that's that you have to bundle up.

所以,在这么冷的时候,你必须做一些重要的事情,那就是你必须穿好衣服。

I am bundled up right now.

我现在穿得很暖和。

When you're bundled up, it means you're wearing a lot of clothing.

当你穿得暖暖的时,这意味着你穿了很多衣服。

I'm wearing my winter hat.

我戴着冬帽。

I'm wearing my winter gloves.

我戴着我的冬季手套。

I'm wearing my winter boots.

我穿着冬靴。

I'm wearing actually several layers of clothing, but I'll talk about that in a little while.

我实际上穿了好几层衣服,但我稍后会谈到这一点。

So when it's this cold outside, it's important to bundle up.

所以, 当外面这么冷的时候,收拾一下很重要。

I really like this sweatshirt.

我真的很喜欢这件运动衫。

This is an athletic sweatshirt because it zips up all the way and it keeps my neck warm.

这是一件运动衫,因为它可以一直拉上拉链,让我的脖子保持温暖。

So I have my winter hat, my toque, my gloves, my boots, and this nice thing to keep my neck warm.

所以我有我的冬帽、我的无边帽、我的手套、我的靴子,还有这个让我的脖子保持温暖的好东西。

I am bundled up.

我穿得暖暖的。

And I'm happy that I wore lots of layers.

我很高兴我穿了很多层衣服。

I'm happy that I'm bundled up because when it's this cold you have to be careful that you don't get frostbite.

我很高兴我被裹得严严实实, 因为当天气这么冷时,你必须小心不要冻伤。

Frostbite is when the skin freezes.

冻伤是指皮肤冻结。

It happens sometimes on your nose.

有时这种情况会发生在你的鼻子上。

If you don't have good gloves it can happen on your fingers, it can happen on your extremities that are exposed to the cold air.

如果你没有戴好手套,那么这种现象就可能发生在你的手指上,也可能发生在暴露在冷空气中的四肢上。

Thankfully it's not windy out right now and thankfully I'm not going to be outside for a very long time.

谢天谢地, 现在外面没有风, 谢天谢地,我不会在外面呆很长时间。

But one thing you have to be careful of, if it's minus 10 or minus 20 or, or even colder, you have to make sure you don't get frostbite.

但有一件事你必须小心,如果是零下 10 度或零下 20 度, 甚至更冷,你必须确保你不会冻伤。

When I was out walking the other day, I was often walking like this to stop the wind from hitting my nose because I certainly don't want the tip of my nose to freeze.

前几天我出去散步的时候,经常这样走路,以防止风吹到我的鼻子,因为我当然不想让我的鼻尖冻僵。

I certainly don't want to get frostbite.

我当然不想冻伤。

So we're actually experiencing what I would call a cold snap.

所以我们实际上正在经历我所谓的寒流。

A cold snap is when it's suddenly colder than normal for a day or two.

寒流是指天气突然比正常情况低一两天。

Usually around this time of year it's about minus 3 or minus 4, maybe minus 6.

通常在每年的这个时候,大约是零下 3 度或零下 4 度,也许是零下 6 度。

But a couple of days ago it was 2 degrees and then they said it was going to go down to minus 15.

但几天前气温还是 2 度,然后他们说会降到零下 15 度。

And then it came up to minus 11 yesterday, down again to minus 14 last night, up to about minus 3 today.

然后昨天升到零下 11 度,昨晚又下降到零下 14 度,今天升到零下 3 度左右。

So I would describe the last couple of days as a cold snap.

因此,我认为过去几天是一次寒流。

The weather quickly got a lot colder, stayed really cold, and then it's planning to come back up again.

天气很快变得更冷, 并且一直很冷,然后又开始回升。

So right now we're in a cold snap.

我们现在正处于寒流之中。

So you might be surprised to know that I'm actually quite warm right now.

所以你可能会惊讶地知道我现在实际上很暖和。

Even though it's extremely cold.

尽管它非常寒冷。

I'm warm because I'm wearing lots of layers.

我很暖和,因为我穿了很多层。

Let me describe them to you.

让我向你描述一下它们。

I'm obviously wearing socks in my winter boots, but I'm also wearing underwear, long underwear, sometimes called long johns, and my jeans. I'm not going to show you, but underneath these pants I'm wearing what's called long underwear or long johns.

我当然穿着冬靴里的袜子,但我还穿着内衣,长内衣,有时也被称为秋裤,还有牛仔裤。我不会给你看,但这些裤子下面我穿着所谓的长内衣或秋裤。

Up here I'm actually wearing four layers.

在这里,我实际上穿了四层衣服。

I'm wearing a T shirt, a long sleeve T shirt.

我穿着一件 T 恤,一件长袖 T 恤。

I'm wearing this athletic sweatshirt and I'm wearing my winter coat.

我穿着这件运动衫,我穿着我的冬衣。

And then of course up here, my winter hat and my gloves.

当然,还有我的冬季帽子和手套。

Layers are very important when you go out in extremely cold weather.

在极冷的天气外出时,分层穿衣非常重要。

When you dress in layers, it's just a lot easier to stay warm.

当你穿多层衣服时,保持温暖要容易得多。

Layers trap air, I think, and it all acts as insulation. Insulation is something that stops cold temperatures from getting through and keeps warm temperatures inside.

我认为,层层包裹空气,起到隔热的作用。隔热层可以阻止寒冷进入,并将温暖的温度保持在内部。

So if you want to stay warm in extremely cold weather, it's important to dress in layers.

因此,如果您想在极寒的天气中保持温暖,多穿几层衣服很重要。

So how would I describe today?

那么我该怎样形容今天呢?

I would probably say it's bitterly cold today, or it's freezing cold today, or just it's freezing.

我可能会说今天非常冷,或者今天非常冷,或者只是很冷。

Those are probably the three most common phrases that we would use to describe extreme cold.

这可能是我们用来描述极寒的三个最常见的短语。

When it's minus two, it's not that cold.

当气温为零下2度时,就没那么冷了。

It's a little bit cold.

有點冷。

But when it's this temperature, when it's below minus 10, we would say it's bitterly cold, it's freezing cold, or it's freezing.

但是当温度低于零下 10 度时,我们会说它非常寒冷、寒冷或寒冷。

By the way, do you like this tree?

顺便问一下,你喜欢这棵树吗?

Did you... Have you hugged a tree today?

今天,你拥抱过一棵树吗?

Aren't you supposed to hug a tree every day?

你不是应该每天拥抱一棵树吗?

These are my three favorite trees, by the way.

顺便说一句,这是我最喜欢的三棵树。

I'm not sure if you can see the two in the background as well.

我不确定你是否也能看到背景中的两个人。

They're at the far end of my farm and I often walk here to come and visit them.

它们在我农场的尽头,我经常走到这里来看望它们。

Sounds kind of funny, maybe to visit a tree.

听起来有点搞笑,也许是去参观一棵树。

By the way, the farm is way back over there.

顺便说一下,农场就在后面。

And yeah, these three trees have been here my whole life.

是的,这三棵树我一生都在这里。

When I was a kid, it was often fun to come and play down here.

当我还是个孩子的时候,来这里玩通常很有趣。

It's actually also right by the river.

它实际上就在河边。

So just a little tidbit about Bob's life and go hug a tree today.

因此,今天就讲讲鲍勃的生活,然后去拥抱一棵树。

So, luckily, this cold spell did not come with lots of snow.

因此,幸运的是,这波寒流并没有带来大量降雪。

Sometimes when you have a cold spell, it can also be very windy and very snowy.

有时, 当出现寒流时,风也会很大, 雪也会很大。

There's just lots of snow coming down and it can cause what's called whiteouts or whiteout conditions.

大量降雪会造成所谓的白茫茫或白茫茫状况。

Right now I can see the barn and I can see the house from here.

现在我可以从这里看到谷仓,也能看到房子。

But if we were having whiteout conditions, if there were whiteouts, there would be so much snow blowing, I wouldn't be able to see them.

但是, 如果我们遇到了白茫茫的天气,如果出现了白茫茫的天气, 就会有太多的雪被吹走,我就看不到它们了。

This is especially dangerous when you're driving.

当你开车时这尤其危险。

When you drive on the road in the winter, and if there are whiteouts, you can't see very far in front of you.

当您在冬天开车上路时, 如果出现白茫茫一片,您就看不清前方很远的地方。

Extremely dangerous and not fun at all.

极其危险,一点也不好玩。

Very, very stressful.

压力非常非常大。

So, thankfully, this little cold spell we're having is just cold.

因此,值得庆幸的是,我们遭遇的这场小寒流只是有点冷而已。

Not a lot of snow, not a lot of whiteouts.

雪不多,白茫茫的景象也不多。

Everything has been fairly safe when we're driving on the road, so that's good.

我们在路上行驶时一切都相当安全,所以这很好。

Another thing that can be extremely dangerous when you have extremely cold weather is something called black ice.

在极冷的天气下,另一种极其危险的东西是黑冰。

Black ice is when there's a thin layer of ice on black pavement.

黑冰是指黑色路面上结有一层薄冰。

And what makes it dangerous is that you can't see it.

而它的危险之处在于你无法看到它。

Black ice sometimes forms at the beginning of a cold snap when the weather's warm and there's a bit of water on the road and maybe it's raining.

当天气变暖且道路上有少量积水且可能还下着雨时,寒流来袭之初有时会形成黑冰。

As soon as the temperature drops, a very, very thin layer of ice forms on the pavement.

一旦气温下降,路面上就会结一层非常薄的冰。

And ice is like glass.

冰就像玻璃。

You can see through it.

你可以看透它。

So sometimes you're driving and there's black ice and you don't realize that it's extremely slippery.

因此, 有时你在开车时遇到黑冰,你却没有意识到它非常滑。

Thankfully, right now there's no black ice on the road.

值得庆幸的是,现在路上没有黑冰。

It's safe to drive.

开车很安全。

It looks like the road crews have kept the road safe by putting down lots of salt to melt any black ice that would form.

看起来道路施工队已经通过撒大量盐来融化可能形成的黑冰,从而保证了道路的安全。

But yes, another dangerous thing when you're driving in extremely cold weather, watch out for black ice.

但是是的,在极冷的天气下驾驶时还有另一件危险的事情,那就是小心黑冰。

So, thankfully, there wasn't a lot of snow during this extremely cold weather and we're not snowed in.

因此,值得庆幸的是,在这种极度寒冷的天气里, 并没有下太多的雪, 我们也没有被大雪困住。

You can see the snow is only about 2, 3 centimeters deep, an inch to an inch and a half.

您可以看到雪深只有大约 2、3 厘米,即一英寸到一英寸半。

And so we are not snowed in.

因此我们没有被雪困住。

When you are snowed in, it means there's so much snow that you can't drive out of your driveway, you can't go anywhere until you remove the snow.

当“被雪困住”时,意思是雪太大了,你无法把车开出车道,除非你把雪清理掉,否则你哪儿也去不了。

And sometimes the snow gets so deep during extreme cold weather that you're snowed in.

有时,在极端寒冷的天气里,积雪会变得很深,以致被困在雪中。

You could also say that you're snowed under, but this also has another meaning.

你也可以说你被雪覆盖了,但这也有另一个含义。

If you're ever really busy at work or at school, you can say that you're snowed under.

如果你在工作或学习上真的很忙,你可以说你忙得不可开交。

So thankfully, we're not snowed in.

值得庆幸的是,我们没有被雪困住。

The snow is not very deep at all, and thankfully we're not snowed under.

雪不是很深,值得庆幸的是,我们这里没有被大雪覆盖。

And hopefully you're not snowed under in the sense that you're so busy you can't get all your work done.

希望你不会因为太忙而无法完成所有的工作。

Well, thank you for watching this English lesson.

好吧,感谢您观看这节英语课。

I hope you were able to learn some new English words and phrases that you can use the next time you talk about extremely cold weather.

我希望你能学到一些新的英语单词和短语,以便在下次谈论极冷天气时使用。

Remember, if this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button.

请记住,如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击红色的订阅按钮。

Give me a thumbs up.

给我点个赞吧。

Leave a comment I love to read them.

留下评论我喜欢阅读它们。

And if you want to learn more English, I think you know what to do.

如果你想学更多英语,我想你知道该怎么做。

There's always more English lessons to watch. Bye.

总是有更多英语课可以观看。再见。

来源:英语东

相关推荐