摘要:一般是因为害怕恐惧或反感憎恶引起的“使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩”,字面含义是“让你的皮肤开始‘爬行’”,该有多么恐怖或恶心啊。如:
make your skin crawl
使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩
to make you feel afraid or full of disgust
一般是因为害怕恐惧或反感憎恶引起的“使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩”,字面含义是“让你的皮肤开始‘爬行’”,该有多么恐怖或恶心啊。如:
I hated this man, his very touch made my skin crawl.
我讨厌这个男人,他碰我一下我都觉得恶心。
His smile made her skin crawl.
他的笑让她浑身起鸡皮疙瘩。
This conversation is making my skin crawl.
这次谈话让我全身起鸡皮疙瘩。
I had never heard of that before, and the thought of it made my skin crawl.
我从未听说过那件事,一想到都让我毛骨悚然。
I heard a noise that made my skin crawl.
我听到一个使我毛骨悚然的声音。
It makes my skin crawl that I think of that dark night.
我想到那个黑暗的夜晚就毛骨悚然。
crawl /krɔːl/
vi.
爬;(昆虫)爬行;缓慢行进;卑躬屈膝;匍匐行进
n.
爬泳;自由泳;缓慢的速度
在《精灵旅社》中,也有关于“起鸡皮疙瘩”的表达,不过人家是这样说的:
I'm getting goose bumps, I'm so scared.
我起鸡皮疙瘩了,太可怕了。
get goose bumps:鸡皮疙瘩
Whenever my little girl hears a scary story, she gets goose bumps.
每次听人讲到可怕的故事时,我女儿就起鸡皮疙瘩。
She still got goose bumps whenever he walked into the room.
只要他一走进房间,她仍旧会起鸡皮疙瘩。
It was so cold I was gooseflesh all over. 冻得我直起鸡皮疙瘩。
下面是一些类似表达,有兴趣就码起来:
make your flesh creep使起鸡皮疙瘩;令人毛骨悚然;使人十分厌恶
to make you feel afraid or full of disgust
The thought of the horrible scene made my flesh creep.
想起那可怕的情景, 我浑身都起鸡皮疙瘩。
It makes my flesh creep to think of it
想到它就会让我毛骨悚然。
It gave me goose pimples just to think about it.
只是想到它我就起鸡皮疙瘩。
pimple /ˈpɪmpl/
n.
粉刺;丘疹;小脓包
made your hair stand on end使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩
The sight of the dead man made his hair stand on end.
看到死人吓得他毛骨悚然。
This was the kind of smile that made your hair stand on end.
这是那种让人不寒而栗的微笑。
That movie really made our hair stand on end.
那部电影真使人感到毛骨悚然。
make the hairs at the nape of the neck bristle字面含义:使颈背的毛发耸立,引申含义:使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩
It makes the hairs at the nape of the neck bristle. 这使人毛骨悚然。
curl one's hair使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩
Accounts of cruel tortures in the jails of the reactionary government would curl one's hair.
关于反动政府监狱里酷刑情况的介绍听了会叫人毛骨悚然。
It horrified her to think that he had killed someone. 一想到他杀过人,她就感到毛骨悚然。
make/send a chill down your spine使人毛骨悚然;让人起鸡皮疙瘩
His words sent a chill down her spine.
他的话让她觉得毛骨悚然。
Some films chill you to the marrow of your bones.
有些电影让人毛骨悚然。
Shafts of fear ran through her as she heard footsteps behind her.
她听见身后有脚步声,感到一阵毛骨悚然。
The hair on the back of my neck rose when I heard the scream.
听到那尖叫声,我不禁毛骨悚然。
Some of their offences are so awful they would chill the blood.
他们的一些罪行骇人听闻,简直令人毛骨悚然。
来源:翅膀英语