摘要:这是我走进一家杂货店,而在地球的另一端,是我步入另一家不同的杂货店。
This is me walking into a grocery shop and on the other side of the planet is me walking into a different grocery shop.
这是我走进一家杂货店,而在地球的另一端,是我步入另一家不同的杂货店。
The difference?
区别是什么?
One is extremely cheap and the other is the most expensive grocery store in the world.
一个极其便宜,另一个则是全球最昂贵的杂货店。
First let's meet the cheapest which is Lidl.
首先,我们来认识一下全球最便宜的超市——利德尔。
I've been shopping here religiously for years.
我多年来一直忠实地在这里购物。
That's because it's extremely cheap and I also think the quality is still great.
那是因为它非常便宜,而且我也觉得质量依然很好。
And now meet Air One.
现在来看看第一航空超市。
Now this is a chain in America which was voted the most expensive grocery store on the planet.
这是一家在美国被评为全球最昂贵超市的连锁店。
All of your favourite A-listers shop here.
你钟爱的所有A咖明星都在这儿购物。
It's gone viral on social media for the ridiculous prices.
它因为在社交媒体上标价离谱而走红。
So what I want to know is, while yes the prices at these two places are complete night and day, but what about taste?
所以我想知道的是, 虽然这两家超市的价格确实天差地别,但味道呢?
I want to compare them.
我想对它们进行比较。
Can the innocent, humble Lidl compete with Air One?
天真朴实的利德尔超市能否与奢华的第一航空超市一较高下?
Well I went to Lidl and bought a selection of different foods and drinks.
我去利德尔买了一些不同种类的食品和饮料。
That same day, I packed the stuff in a bag, headed to Heathrow Airport and got an 11 hour flight from London to LA.
当天,我把东西打包好,前往希思罗机场, 然后从伦敦飞往洛杉矶, 飞行了11个小时。
We have made it to LA.
我们已抵达洛杉矶。
Groceries are inside here.
杂货都在这儿。
We didn't get stopped at border control, which is great.
我们在边境检查没有被拦下来,这太好了。
Next stop is Air One, the most expensive grocery store in the world.
下一站是第一航空超市,这是全球最昂贵的杂货店。
I am so excited.
我太兴奋了。
Let's check it out.
让我们一探究竟。
My initial impression of Air One was exactly how I expected.
我对第一航空超市的最初印象完全符合我的预期。
Everything perfectly shelved, so aesthetically pleasing, and of course, ridiculously expensive.
所有商品陈列得井井有条,视觉效果极佳,当然,价格也高得离谱。
What the f***, man?
什么玩意儿,兄弟?
Bottle of water.
一瓶水。
$26 what six bagels frozen $20 ice Literally ice $30 now I could go on and on about the extortionate prices of all the products here, but I was here for a reason You see the groceries I bought in England and little I'm not gonna buy the exact same things here in Air one.
26美元六个冷冻贝果, 20美元一升冰块。 简直是在卖冰块。 现在我可以说上一大堆这里商品的天价,但我来这里是有原因的。 你看,我在英国买的这些杂货, 在第一航空超市我不会买完全相同的东西。
Oh We might need one of the bigger bags.
哦,我们可能需要一个大一点的袋子。
Can we get one of the better bags?
能给我们拿一个好一点的袋子吗?
I only bought this for the video because when I went to Lidl I bought their more premium bag as well.
我只为了视频才买的,因为我去利德尔的时候也买他们更高端的包装了。
Now I can assure you watching this total increase as she was scanning was not a good feeling.
现在我可以向你们保证,看着这个总数在她扫描时不断上升的感觉可一点都不好受。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
Have a good day.
祝你有美好的一天。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Okay, Lidl versus Air One.
好的,利德尔对比第一航空超市。
Just before we get into the food, that carrier bag was 65p, that carrier bag was 106 quid.
就在我们开始谈论食物之前,那个购物袋是65便士,而那个购物袋是106英镑。
So to compare these two places, here's what we're gonna do.
所以为了比较这两个地方,我们将这样做。
My mate Jack will put the same food from each shop onto the table.
我的朋友杰克会把每家超市的同一种食物放在桌子上。
I will not know which is from Lidl and which is from Air One.
我将不知道哪个来自利德尔,哪个来自第一航空超市。
All I do is taste them both and rate which I think tastes better.
我所做的就是品尝两者,并评价哪一个味道更好。
So, let's see if a 13 pound bill can stand up to a 220 pound bill.
那么,让我们看看13英镑的账单是否能与220英镑的账单相抗衡。
Okay, first, chocolate.
好的,首先来说巧克力。
Lidl's bar is 89p.
利德尔的巧克力棒售价89便士。
Air One's is £11.82.
第一航空超市的价格是11.82英镑。
There's gotta be some difference.
肯定有点差别。
Very similar, however, I would probably say this one is nicer.
非常相似,不过我可能会说这个更胜一筹。
This one tasted posh, but it just wasn't as nice.
这个尝起来很高端,但就是没有那么好吃。
It didn't taste as good.
味道没那么好。
So that makes it 1-0 to Lidl.
这样一来,比分就是1-0,利德尔领先。
Maybe money doesn't buy taste.
或许金钱并不能买到真正的品味。
Next up, we have sourdough bread.
接下来是酸面包。
£1.99 at Lidl, £5.99 at Air1.
利德尔1.99英镑,第一航空超市5.99英镑。
A crazy discrepancy in price, but what about flavour?
价格差异惊人,那么味道如何呢?
That is very good.
这非常好。
A nice hard shell and then a soft inside.
一层硬壳,里面却是软的。
Terrific.
好极了
A lot saltier, not as hard on the outside, but it's so close.
咸得多,外面没有那么硬,但差别非常小。
I'm gonna have to say this one.
我得说,就是这个了。
Okay, next, the milk.
好的,下一个,牛奶。
£1.45 at Lidl, £15.76 at Air One.
利德尔售价1.45英镑,第一航空超市售价15.76英镑。
Why is it such a big difference?
为什么会有如此大的差异呢?
I guess we'll find out.
我想我们会知道的。
Just tastes like milk.
就像牛奶的味道。
就像牛奶的味道。
Comes out of a f***ing cow, like it's gonna taste like milk.
出自一头牛,就像它尝起来会像牛奶一样。
With this one, they taste exactly the same.
这一次,它们的味道完全一样。
I can't determine the winner, so it's a draw.
我无法确定胜者,所以是平局。
Next up, a cookie.
接下来是饼干。
49p at Lidl, compared to £4.34 at Air 1.
利德尔售价49便士,而第一航空超市售价4.34英镑。
Now, look, I shop at Lidl, I know this is the Lidl one, I know this is the Air 1 one, but I'm still gonna taste test them.
现在,你看,我在利德尔超市购物, 我知道这个是利德尔的,也知道这个是第一航空超市的, 但我还是要尝一尝。
Mmm, okay.
嗯,好的。
That is a very crunchy cookie.
这是一个非常酥脆的饼干。
A lot of chocolate in the filling.
内馅含有大量巧克力。
Banging.
撞。
Lidl.
利德尔。
A completely different cookie.
完全不同的饼干。
This is soft and doughy.
这口感柔软且面团感十足。
This is hard and crunchy.
这东西又硬又脆。
It's your preference, I guess.
这取决于你的个人喜好吧。
I think this one's better because it's more chocolate.
我觉得这个更好,因为巧克力更多。
Yeah, I'm gonna go with that one.
是的,我会选择那个。
Next up, we got strawberries.
接下来是草莓。
£2.85 compared to £16.55.
2.85英镑相比16.55英镑。
These ones are a much darker red than these ones, but it's about taste.
这些的红色要比那些深得多,但这关乎个人口味。
Oh, so good.
哦,太棒了。
F***ing amazing.
很棒。
Now these taste different.
现在这些尝起来不一样。
There's a big difference with these.
这两者之间有很大的差异。
By far this one.
到目前为止,这个最棒。
These are a lot juicier than these.
这些比那些多汁得多。
These are a lot brighter red.
这些颜色要鲜红得多。
These are darker red, more dry.
这些颜色更深红,更干燥。
This one all the way.
非它莫属。
Orange juice £1.69 at Lidl £7.88 at Air One That one has more flavour Tortilla chips £0.45p vs £6.06 Next we've got honey.
橙汁:利德尔售价1.69英镑,第一航空超市售价7.88英镑。后者味道更浓郁。 玉米片:利德尔0.45英镑,第一航空超市6.06英镑。 接下来是蜂蜜。
£1.90 vs £11.82.
1.90英镑对11.82英镑。
Now, there is a very visible difference in appearance.
现在,外观上有一个非常明显的差异。
This one is a lot more golden, whereas this one is a lot paler.
这个要金黄得多,而这个则要苍白得多。
Yeah, I prefer that one.
嗯,我更喜欢那个。
As you can see, Erwan was really taking the lead.
正如你可以看到的,埃尔万真的带头了。
The next item was a very strange one.
下一个物品非常奇特。
Next we've got water.
接下来我们有水。
This is mad.
这太疯狂了。
39p at Lidl compared to £20.49 at Air One.
利德尔售价39便士,而第一航空超市则高达20.49英镑。
Right off the bat, this has more bubbles in it and this is just super clear.
一上来,这个就有更多的气泡,而且非常清澈。
Which tastes like a cold glass of water.
味道就像一杯冰水。
Okay, they do taste a little bit different.
好吧,它们确实尝起来有点不一样。
I'm gonna go for this one because I think it's the Lidl one and I'm used to that type of water.
我要选这个,因为我觉得这是利德尔的水,我已经习惯了那种味道。
This I don't like because I don't think I'm used to it.
我不太喜欢这个,因为我觉得自己还没习惯。
Okay, next we've got crisps.
好的,接下来是薯片。
£1.15 at Lidl, £4.72 at Air One.
利德尔售价1.15英镑,第一航空超市售价4.72英镑。
Literally cannot tell the difference looks wise.
简直看不出外观上的区别。
Oh my God, that is very, very good.
天啊,这真是太好太好了。
There's a lot of vinegar, a lot of salt just explodes in your mouth.
这里有大量的醋,大量的盐味会在你嘴里爆发。
Bland as f***.
平淡无味至极。
That is so clear.
这再清楚不过了。
So much better.
好太多了。
We're now brought on to the last item, which is the brownie.
现在我们进行到最后一个项目,那就是布朗尼蛋糕。
If everyone's is better, they win.
如果每个人的表现都更好,他们就赢了。
If Lidl's is better, it's a tie.
如果利德尔的更好,那就是平局。
75p versus £8.67.
75便士对比8.67英镑。
Got coconut, dark chocolate, milk chocolate.
有了椰子、黑巧克力、牛奶巧克力。
It melts in the mouth.
它在嘴里会融化。
That is an unreal brownie.
这是一款超棒的布朗尼蛋糕。
A completely different texture.
完全不同的口感。
The Air 1-1 is more fluffy.
第一航空超市的面包更松软。
This one is not, as you can see.
这个并不是,如你所见。
Look, I think the Air 1-1 does taste better.
看,我认为第一航空超市的东西确实味道更好。
Well, Air 1 is the winner.
那么,第一航空超市胜出了。
They have beat my beloved Lidl, and I have to give the crown to them.
他们击败了我钟爱的利德尔,我不得不将桂冠授予他们。
However, that's the price of the 10 items from Lidl, and that's the price of the 10 items from Air 1.
然而,这是从利德尔购买的10件商品的价格,而这是从第一航空超市购买的10件商品的价格。
Yes, they did just win on taste, but I know where I'd write the shop.
是的,他们在口味上确实略胜一筹,但我知道我会选择哪家店。
来源:英语东