摘要:Did you know that where you live, the food systems around you, your opportunities to be active, all of this has an impact on your
Did you know that where you live, the food systems around you, your opportunities to be active, all of this has an impact on your risk of developing obesity?
你知道吗,你居住的地方、你周围的食物系统、你参加活动的机会,所有这些都会影响你患肥胖症的风险。
How big is this issue?
这个问题有多严重?
How can you reduce your risk of developing obesity and protect yourself?
你该如何降低患肥胖症的风险并保护自己?
And how would you know if you're living with obesity?
你如何知道自己是否患有肥胖症?
Hello and welcome to Science in Five, I'm with Vismita Gupta Smith.
大家好,欢迎收看《科学五分钟》,我是 Vismita Gupta Smith。
We are talking to Dr. Francesco Branca today.
今天我们采访的是 Francesco Branca 博士。
Francesco, talk to us about obesity.
Francesco,请和我们谈谈肥胖症吧。
Obesity is a chronic disease defined by excess fat deposits that impair health.
肥胖症是一种慢性疾病,其定义是过多的脂肪沉积损害健康。
It can lead to type 2 diabetes, heart disease.
它可能导致 2 型糖尿病、心脏病。
It may affect bone health, reproduction.
它可能会影响骨骼健康、生殖。
It is associated to certain cancers and it affects the quality of living.
它与某些癌症有关,并且会影响生活质量。
And you get obesity because of the consumption of unhealthy diet, because of low physical activity, but also because of poor sleeping patterns and a stressful life.
之所以会患上肥胖症,是因为不健康的饮食、缺乏体育锻炼,还和不良的睡眠习惯和生活压力大有关。
Some people are genetically predisposed to obesity, and so it's easier for them to get obese.
有些人有肥胖症的遗传倾向,因此他们更容易肥胖。
But also obesity can be the result of using certain medications.
但肥胖也可能是使用某些药物的结果。
Many people live in environments that are conducive to obesity because of foods which are high energy that are available around the clock and are cheap.
许多人生活在容易导致肥胖的环境中,因为高能量食品全天候供应,而且价格低廉。
So, Francesco, how big is this problem of obesity?
所以 Francesco,肥胖症这个问题有多严重?
Obesity is a problem for health and for economic development.
肥胖症既是健康问题,也是经济发展问题。
We calculate that 5 million deaths every year are caused by the consequences of obesity.
我们计算出每年有 500 万人死于肥胖症。
And countries lose up to 3% of their gross domestic product because of obesity.
而各国因肥胖而损失的国内生产总值高达 3%。
How would one know if they live with obesity?
人们如何知道自己是否患有肥胖症呢?
And how can they manage their condition?
他们如何控制自己的病情?
To identify obesity, you would measure weight and height and calculate the body mass index.
要确定是否肥胖,你需要测量自己的体重和身高,并计算身体质量指数。
In adults, a body mass index higher than 30 kg per square meters helps diagnosis of obesity.
在成年人中,身体质量指数高于每平方米 30 公斤可以诊断为肥胖症。
You can also measure waist circumference.
你还可以测量腰围。
In women, a waist circumference over 80 centimeters, and in men over 90 centimeters indicates a high risk of the consequences of obesity.
女性腰围超过 80 厘米,男性腰围超过 90 厘米,表明存在肥胖症的高风险。
You will also see that with obesity, there's a high blood pressure, there are disorders of the blood lipids and of glycemic control.
你还会看到,患有肥胖症的人会出现高血压、血脂紊乱和血糖控制障碍。
The response to this is, that obesity is not your own responsibility.
对此的回应是,肥胖症不是你自己的责任。
You shouldn't be ashamed if you're living with obesity.
如果你患有肥胖症,不应该感到羞耻。
And people should not blame people living with obesity.
大家不应该责怪患有肥胖症的人。
Then the most important thing is to go to see a health practitioner, who also should be professional and respectful for the people living with obesity, should help to diagnosis and should help with an integrated response, which is providing counseling on diet and physical activity and as needed, suggesting drug treatment or even some surgical practices that would limit the consumption and the absorption of food.
最重要的是去看医生,医生应该是专业的,尊重患有肥胖症的人,帮助诊断并提供综合治疗措施,包括提供饮食和体育锻炼方面的咨询,并在需要时提供药物治疗建议,甚至采取一些限制食物摄入和吸收的外科手术。
What if I do not have access to healthy food or do not have access to or easy access to exercise?
如果我无法获得健康食品,无法获得或不容易获得锻炼的机会该怎么办?
How can I prevent obesity and protect myself?
我怎样才能预防肥胖症并保护自己?
Community and national policy should help everybody to have access to healthy lifestyles.
社区和国家政策应帮助每个人都能获得健康的生活方式。
I would like to give some tips for everybody.
我想给大家一些建议。
If you're an adult, choose wholegrains, fruit and vegetables, healthy fats and limit sugars.
如果你是成年人,请选择全谷物、水果和蔬菜、健康脂肪,并限制糖的摄入。
Prefer water to any other drinks.
尽量喝水,而不是其他饮料。
Be active.
积极运动。
If you're a mother of a young infant, breastfeed her or him as long as you can.
如果你是婴儿的母亲,请尽可能长时间地进行母乳喂养。
Then for older children, give water and not sugar-sweetened beverages, fruit and vegetables instead of confectionery.
对于年龄较大的孩子,给他们喝水而不是含糖饮料,给他们吃水果和蔬菜而不是糖果。
Walk to school, limit screen time and make sure that adequate sleep is given.
步行上学,限制屏幕时间,并确保充足的睡眠。
Thank you, Francesco.
谢谢你,Francesco。
That was Science in Five today.
今天的《科学五分钟》就到这里。
Until next time then.
来源:英语东