摘要:Hi, I'm Bob the Canadian, and welcome to this English lesson where I react to my first English lesson.
Hi, I'm Bob the Canadian, and welcome to this English lesson where I react to my first English lesson.
大家好,我是加拿大人鲍勃,欢迎来到这堂英语课,这是我对我的第一堂英语课的回应。
The first English lesson that I ever uploaded to YouTube.
我上传到 YouTube 的第一节英语课。
Eight years ago, I came outside and I made an English lesson, standing right here wearing this shirt, by the way.
顺便说一下,八年前,我出来上了一堂英语课,就站在这里,穿着这件衬衫。
And I was wearing this coat, but it's a little worse for wear, so I won't be wearing that today.
我本来穿着这件外套,但是它有点破旧了,所以今天我不会穿它了。
But I thought I would come outside and in order to celebrate, I would react to my first English lesson.
但我想我会走到外面,为了庆祝,我会对我的第一堂英语课做出反应。
I've never actually reacted to a video before, but let's get started.
我以前从来没有对视频做出过反应,但是让我们开始吧。
Let me put my earbuds in.
让我戴上耳机。
I got my laptop out here.
我把我的笔记本电脑拿出来。
Give me a moment and we will be ready to watch the first ever English lesson made by Bob the Canadian.
稍等片刻,我们就可以准备观看加拿大人鲍勃的第一堂英语课了。
Here we go.
开始了。
Oh, my laptop went to sleep.
哦,我的笔记本电脑进入睡眠状态。
That's no good.
那不好。
Here we go.
开始了。
Oh, I like the music.
哦,我喜欢这音乐。
Hi, Bob the Canadian here, and I just wanted to talk to you a little bit about a... Okay, so I, I like the music.
大家好,我是加拿大人鲍勃,我只是想跟你聊聊......好的,我喜欢音乐。
That was really cool.
那真的很酷。
But I have to say I'm standing quite close to the camera.
但我必须说我站得离镜头很近。
I don't normally stand that close anymore.
我通常不会再站得这么近了。
I mean, it's a little uncomfortable, isn't it, when I get that close to the camera?
我的意思是,当我离相机那么近的时候,会有点不舒服,不是吗?
But you can see that it was quite warm back then.
但你可以看出那时很温暖。
It was raining on that day.
那天下着雨。
It was January 3, 2017.
那是 2017 年 1 月 3 日。
And I decided to stand really close to the camera and teach you some English.
我决定站得离镜头很近,教你们一些英语。
... phrase or question that you hear quite often in everyday speech.
... 您在日常讲话中经常听到的短语或问题。
And that question is, how is it going?
问题是,进展如何?
Now we're a little.
现在我们有点了。
Okay, now, that's still true.
好的,现在这仍然是正确的。
The phrase how is it going?
短语进展如何?
Is very common.
很常见。
It's what I heard a bunch of times today.
这是我今天多次听到过的。
Today was my first day back at work and almost everyone said, hey, good morning, how's it going?
今天是我回去上班的第一天,几乎每个人都会说,嘿,早上好,怎么样?
How's it going?
怎么样了?
But let's continue.
但让我们继续。
... unfair.
...不公平。
In everyday speech, we don't speak that slowly.
在日常讲话中,我们不会说得那么慢。
We don't normally greet each other by pronouncing and enunciating each word correctly.
我们通常不会通过正确地发音和清晰发音来互相问候。
We don't walk up and say, how is it going, Dave?
我们不会走上前去询问,戴夫,情况怎么样?
That actually sounds awkward when you say it that way.
当你这样说的时候,听起来确实很尴尬。
How is it going, Dave?
近来怎么样了,戴夫?
As a new English learner, you might have to say it that way so that you get better at saying it.
作为一名英语初学者,您可能必须这样说,这样才能说得更好。
But no, we don't really say it that way.
但不,我们实际上并不是这么说的。
And you might be wondering, who is Dave?
您可能想知道,戴夫是谁?
Who knows?
谁知道呢?
It is going fine, Bob, but we normally start to compress things.
一切进展顺利,鲍勃,但我们通常会开始压缩东西。
So the question how is it going?
那么问题是进展如何?
The first compression down sounds a little more like this.
第一次压缩听起来更像这样。
How's it goin?
怎么样了?
(SP) Yeah, and you can hear that S becomes a Z. Again, this is... This teacher knew... He knew what he was talking about back then.
(SP) 是的,您可以听出 S 变成了 Z。再说一次,这是……这位老师知道……他知道他当时在说什么。
You do hear people say, how's it goin (SP)?
你确实听到人们说,情况怎么样(SP)?
How's it goin (SP)?
怎么样了(SP)?
So we take the how is and it becomes how's.
因此,我们采取“如何”的做法,并将其转化为“如何”的做法。
And we take the going at the end and it becomes goin.
我们把 going 放在最后,它就变成了 goin。
(SP) We kind of drop the G off.
(SP)我们有点把 G 放弃了。
So we say, how's it goin?
所以我们问,怎么样?
(SP) You can actually hear the rain in the background.
(SP)你确实可以听到背景中的雨声。
I have my earbuds in so it's a little easier to hear, but you can actually hear the rain coming down.
我戴着耳机,所以听得比较清楚,但你实际上可以听到雨落的声音。
Back then, I was actually standing under the hatch of my suv.
那时,我实际上是站在我的越野车的舱门下。
I had a Nissan Pathfinder back then.
我当时有一辆日产探路者 (Nissan Pathfinder)。
Right now I'm actually using the hatch of my van to do the same thing.
现在我实际上正在使用我的货车的舱门做同样的事情。
It's a cool YouTuber technique when it's snowing or raining.
下雪或下雨时,这是一个很酷的 YouTuber 技巧。
How's it going?
怎么样了?
Then we get even faster.
那么我们会变得更快。
So you'll hear people say things like, howzitgoin?
所以你会听到人们说类似这样的话,howzitgoin?
(SP) Howzitgoin?
(SP)怎么样?
(SP)怎么样?
(SP) So this fake word you see on the screen, that is how people say it.
(SP) 所以你在屏幕上看到的这个假词,就是人们说的。
Howzitgoin?
怎么样?
(SP) This came up because I was helping someone learn English when I was a university student and they said to me, "What is the word howzitgoin (SP) mean?
(SP) 这个问题的出现是因为我在大学期间帮助某人学习英语,他们问我,“howzitgoin(SP)这个词是什么意思?
(G)" And I was like, what word are you saying?
(G)“我当时想,你到底在说什么词?
And then they wrote it on the board exactly like that.
然后他们就把它一模一样地写在了黑板上。
They wrote, howzitgoin?
他们写道,howzitgoin?
(SP) And I said, oh, they're saying, how is it going?
(SP) 我说,哦,他们问情况怎么样?
Howzitgoin?
怎么样?
(SP) Where they compress the entire phrase down into one word.
(SP) 他们将整个短语压缩成一个单词。
Howzitgoin?
怎么样?
(SP)怎么样?
(SP) Typical responses to how's it going... I'm not sure why the word was getting bigger there as you were looking at it.
(SP) 对情况如何的典型反应是...我不确定为什么当你看到它时那个词会变得更大。
That was kind of strange.
这有点奇怪。
My editing skills were not top notch back then.
那时我的编辑技巧还不是一流的。
... would be, it's going fine.
...一切都会顺利。
It is going fine.
一切顺利。
It's going fine.
一切顺利。
It's fine or it's going, it's going.
没事的,或者就这样,就这样。
At this point in time, it sounds like I'm babbling a little bit.
这时,听起来我好像有点胡言乱语。
It's a little nonsensical, but those are the responses you would give.
这有点荒谬,但这就是你会给出的答复。
They just sound strange when you give them all in a row like that.
当你把它们都排成一排时,它们听起来就很奇怪。
How's it going with you?
你近来怎么样了?
It's going.
一切进行中。
It's okay.
没关系。
So again, that's the question.
所以,这又是一个问题。
How is it going?
最近好吗?
So listen for that.
因此请注意听。
When you hear English speakers speaking a little more rapidly, how's it going?
当你听到说英语的人说话稍快一点时,情况怎么样?
Thanks, Bob the Canadian here.
谢谢,我是加拿大人鲍勃。
There was a little edit there.
那里有一个小小的编辑。
I'm not sure if you saw that.
我不确定你是否看到了。
And the music begins again.
音乐再次响起。
Very cool.
非常酷。
Learn English with Bob the Canadian.
和加拿大人鲍勃一起学习英语。
Don't forget to subscribe.
别忘了订阅。
Oh, and I'm pretty good at saying, I'm Bob the Canadian.
哦,我很擅长说,我是加拿大人鲍勃。
和加拿大人鲍勃一起学习英语。
And don't forget to subscribe.
别忘了订阅。
Oh, I forgot to smile at the end.
哦,最后我忘了微笑。
I don't know if you noticed that the video just ended and there I was standing with no smile.
我不知道你是否注意到视频刚刚结束,而我站在那里,没有笑容。
I try to smile at the end of my lessons now, but hey, I wanted to say a couple of things about that.
现在,我试着在课程结束时微笑,但是嘿,我想说几件事。
One, I was extremely nervous at the very beginning of the video, of the lesson, you'll notice I'm talking a lot more quickly than I normally do now.
首先,在视频、课程一开始的时候我非常紧张,你会注意到我现在说话的速度比平时快得多。
And I don't know why.
我不知道为什么。
I was just standing outside on my farm making an English lesson for who knows on the Internet, right?
我只是站在农场外面,在网上为谁讲英语,对吧?
So anyways, it was a lot of fun.
无论如何,这很有趣。
I'm glad I did it.
我很高兴我这么做了。
You should always do things today that your future self will be glad you did.
你今天应该做的事情,将来的自己会为此感到高兴。
And I am really glad that on January 3, 2017, I took out my camera, I went outside, and that I made an English lesson for you.
我真的很高兴,2017年1月3日,我拿出相机,走出去,为你们上了一堂英语课。
I'm so happy that my channel is doing so well.
我很高兴我的频道表现如此出色。
Thank you so much to all of you who have subscribed.
非常感谢各位订阅者。
If you haven't subscribed, you should, there's a little red subscribe button there.
如果您还没有订阅,您应该订阅,那里有一个红色的小订阅按钮。
And thank you to all of you who faithfully watch my English lessons to help improve your English.
并感谢大家忠实地观看我的英语课程以帮助提高英语水平。
It's been fun.
这很有趣。
It's been a great time.
这是一段美好的时光。
I'm gonna keep doing it.
我会继续这么做。
I don't know if I'm gonna do it for eight more years, but who knows?
我不知道我是否还能再坚持八年,但谁知道呢?
We'll see.
我们将会看到。
Thanks a lot.
多谢。
Have a good week.
祝你度过愉快的一周。
Learn some English and I'll see you, yeah, I'll probably see you Friday at a live stream.
学点英语然后我就会看到你,是的,我可能会在星期五的直播中看到你。
If you come to the live stream Friday or next week in another English lesson.
如果您在周五或下周的另一节英语课上来观看直播。
Bye.
再见。
来源:英语东