摘要:如果 Jen 正在走路并且她在我前面,而我想和她处于同一位置,我必须走得更快才能赶上她。
Well, hello and welcome to this English lesson where I'm going to teach you some three word phrasal verbs.
大家好,欢迎来到这节英语课,我将教大家一些三词短语动词。
As if having two word phrasal verbs wasn't enough, we have some phrasal verbs in English with three words in them.
好像两个单词的短语动词还不够,英语中还有一些包含三个单词的短语动词。
And the first two that I want to teach you are to catch up to and to keep up with.
我想要教给你们的前两个知识是:赶上和跟上。
Jen's going to help me demonstrate this.
Jen 将帮助我证明这一点。
If Jen is walking and she is ahead of me and I want to be in the same place as her, I have to walk faster to catch up to to her.
如果 Jen 正在走路并且她在我前面,而我想和她处于同一位置,我必须走得更快才能赶上她。
Once I catch up to her, we can walk the same speed and then I can keep up with her.
一旦我追上她,我们就可以以相同的速度行走,然后我就能跟上她了。
So if I'm behind, let's turn around and do it again.
所以,如果我落后了,我们就回头再来一次。
If I'm behind Jen and I want to be in the same place as her, I can walk fast to catch up to her.
如果我在 Jen 后面,并且想和她处于同一位置,我可以快步走追上她。
And then once I'm here, I can walk at the same speed and I can keep up with her.
然后,一旦我到达这里,我就可以以同样的速度行走并跟上她。
Hi.
你好。
How you doing?
你好吗?
Good.
好的。
When you run out of milk, you have.
当你没有牛奶的时候,你就有。
When you run out of milk, you have to go buy some more.
当牛奶喝完时,你就必须去买一些。
I should show you the English side, shouldn't I?
我应该向你展示一下英语方面的内容,不是吗?
When you run out of milk, you have to go to the store and buy some more milk.
当你的牛奶用完时,你得去商店买更多的牛奶。
Sometimes Jen and I find out that we don't have something anymore.
有时 Jen 和我发现我们不再拥有某些东西了。
Sometimes we run out of toilet paper, sometimes we run out of milk, sometimes we run out of sugar.
有时我们会用完卫生纸,有时我们会用完牛奶,有时我们会用完糖。
So in English, when you run out of something, it means you had it and now you don't have any more and you need to go to the store to get some more.
所以在英语中,当你用完某样东西时,意思是你曾经拥有过它,但是现在你没有了,所以你需要去商店再买一些。
Another three word phrasal verb is the phrasal verb to get away with.
另一个由三词组成的短语动词是 to getaway with。
When you get away with something, it means you do something you shouldn't do and you don't get caught.
当你逃脱惩罚时,这意味着你做了不该做的事情但没有被抓住。
I'm going to try and get away with stealing this shovel from Jen.
我要试着从 Jen 那里偷走这把铲子并逃避责任。
Hopefully she doesn't catch me.
希望她没抓到我。
Oh, I wasn't able to get away with it.
噢,我没能逃脱惩罚。
Jen totally saw that I was taking it.
Jen 完全看出来我在服用它。
So sorry about that.
我很抱歉。
Here's your shovel back.
这是你的铲子。
So I remember once when I was in school, one of my friends got in trouble for something that he didn't do.
我记得有一次我上学的时候,我的一个朋友因为一件他没有做的事情而陷入麻烦。
So I went to talk to the teacher to stand up for him.
于是我去找老师谈话,为他辩护。
When you stand up for someone in English, it means that you defend them.
当你用英语为某人挺身而出时,这意味着你在捍卫他们。
You tell the truth about something that maybe they have been accused of and they didn't actually do it.
你说实话,也许他们被指控了某件事,但实际上他们并没有做过。
So I do distinctly remember it.
所以我确实清楚地记得它。
One of my friends said the teacher is annoyed with me because they think I did this.
我的一个朋友说老师对我很生气,因为他们认为我做了这件事。
So I went to the teacher and said, My friend didn't do that.
于是我去找老师说:“我的朋友没有这样做。”
I went and stood up for my friend.
我去为我的朋友挺身而出。
So another three word phrasal verb is the verb to get along with.
因此另一个三词短语动词是与...相处的动词。
When you get along with someone, it means you enjoy being around them.
当你与某人相处融洽时,这意味着你喜欢和他们在一起。
I think Jen and I have been married for as long as we have been because we get along with each other.
我认为我和 Jen 的婚姻能维持这么久是因为我们彼此相处得很好。
Would you agree?
你同意吗?
Yes.
是的。
Okay.
好的。
What is one of the reasons why you think we get along with each other so well?
您认为我们相处得这么好的原因之一是什么?
Because I think you're funny.
因为我觉得你很有趣。
I think Jen's funny too.
我也认为 Jen 很有趣。
I think we make each other laugh.
我觉得我们互相逗笑了。
Is that why we get along with each other so well?
这就是我们相处得这么好的原因吗?
I think so.
我认为是这样。
I think we get along with each other because we make each other laugh.
我认为我们之所以相处融洽,是因为我们彼此都能逗乐。
So when I was younger, it was more common for people to drop out of school at age 16.
所以当我小的时候,人们 16 岁辍学的情况很常见。
Not a lot of people did that, but some people would drop out of school in order to start working.
虽然没有多少人会这样做,但有些人会辍学去工作。
Nowadays, people usually stay in school until they're done.
如今,人们通常会留在学校直到毕业。
Grade 12 at around age 17 or 18, and then maybe they go to college or university.
他们大约在 17、18 岁的时候上 12 年级,然后可能去上大学。
But sometimes people don't do well at college or university and they will drop out of college or drop out of university.
但有时人们在大学里表现不佳,他们就会辍学或从大学辍学。
So I think you get the meaning of that phrasal verb to drop out of means to quit school in some form.
所以我想你明白了短语动词“drop out of”的意思,意思是“以某种形式退学”。
Again, when I was younger, it was a lot more common, but these days, most people stay in school until grade 12.
再说,当我小的时候,这种情况很常见,但现在,大多数人都留在学校直到 12 年级。
In order to teach English lessons on YouTube, I need to come up with ideas.
为了在 YouTube 上教授英语课,我需要想出一些主意。
In English, when you say that you need to come up with an idea, it means you need to think of something.
在英语中,当你说你需要想出一个主意时,意思是你需要思考一些事情。
You need to sit and think so that you have an idea for whatever you want to do.
您需要坐下来思考,这样您就会对想要做的事情有一个想法。
I like to come up with ideas when I'm bored, when I'm driving, and when I don't have anything else to do.
我喜欢在无聊时、开车时以及没有其他事情可做时想出主意。
I try to think and I try to come up with an idea for the next English lesson.
我努力思考并努力为下一节英语课想出一个主意。
So hopefully this English lesson about three word phrasal verbs is a good one.
所以希望这节关于三词短语动词的英语课是一堂好的课。
It was fun to come up with it and it's fun to make it.
想出这个主意很有趣,做起来也很有趣。
Another three word phrasal verb is the verb to look forward to.
另一个三词短语动词是“期待”动词。
Many of us enjoy our birthday and we look forward to our birthday.
我们很多人都喜欢自己的生日并期待自己的生日。
When you look forward to something, it means you're happy about something that's going to happen in the future.
当你期待某事时,这意味着你对将来要发生的事情感到高兴。
Often I look forward to New Year's Eve.
我常常盼望除夕的到来。
I look forward to starting the new year.
我期盼新的一年的开始。
I look forward to my birthday.
我期盼我的生日。
Well, usually I look forward to it.
嗯,通常我都很期待。
So in English, when you use the verb to look forward to, it means you're happy about something that's going to happen.
所以在英语中,当你使用动词“look forward to”时,它的意思是你对即将发生的事情感到高兴。
You're excited about something in the future.
您对未来的某件事感到兴奋。
Over the Christmas break, my kids were all home and it was really, really loud and I had to put up with a lot of noise.
圣诞假期期间,我的孩子们都在家,家里非常非常吵,我不得不忍受很多噪音。
I don't like noise, but sometimes I just need to tolerate it.
我不喜欢噪音,但有时我只需要忍受它。
In English, when you use the verb to put up with, it means that you are going to allow for something to happen.
在英语中,当你使用动词to put up with时,它的意思是你将允许某事发生。
You're going to tolerate it.
你会容忍它的。
Sometimes at school during the last week of the school year, the students are quite loud, but I just put up with it.
有时在学年的最后一周,学生们会非常吵闹,但我只能忍受。
I don't tell them necessarily to be quiet because I know in a couple days the school year is going to be over.
我并没有告诉他们一定要保持安静,因为我知道几天后学年就要结束了。
So when you put up with something, it means someone is doing a certain behavior and instead of telling them to stop, you just let it happen.
所以当你忍受某事时,这意味着某人正在做某种行为,而你不是告诉他们停止,而是让它发生。
As a dad, I've put up with a lot of noise, especially when my kids were younger.
作为一个父亲,我忍受了很多噪音,特别是当我的孩子还小的时候。
But hey, that's all part of being a parent.
但是嘿,这都是为人父母的一部分。
Sometimes you have something that you need to do, but it might take you a while to get around to it.
有时您需要做某事,但可能需要一段时间才能完成。
To get around to something means to find the time to do it.
抽出时间去做某事意味着找出时间去做某事。
I usually get around to making my English lesson videos on Saturday or on Monday.
我通常在周六或周一制作英语课视频。
Sometimes I don't get around to making it until late on Monday afternoon, and then it's a bit of a rush to get it finished.
有时我要到周一下午很晚才有时间做这件事,然后就得急着把它完成。
So to get around to something means to find the time to be able to do it.
所以,get around to something 的意思是找出时间去做某事。
You might have the same thing in your life.
你的生活中也许也会有同样的事情。
There might be something important you have to do tomorrow or the day after, and you're just trying to find a way to get around to it.
明天或后天你可能需要做一些重要的事情,而你只是在想办法去做。
You're trying to find a way to find the time to get it done.
您正在尝试寻找一种方法来抽出时间来完成它。
Another three word English phrasal verb is the verb to come down with.
另一个由三个单词组成的英语短语动词是动词 to come down with。
When you come down with something, it means you're getting sick.
当你患上某种疾病时,这意味着你生病了。
Sometimes you come down with a cold the day before you have to write an English test.
有时,在参加英语考试的前一天,你会感冒。
Sometimes you come down with a stomach flu and you're just not feeling very well.
有时您会患上肠胃流感,感觉不太舒服。
So in English, when you come down with something, when you use that three word phrasal verb, it means that you're getting sick.
所以在英语中,当你患上某种疾病时,当你使用这三个词的短语动词时,它的意思是你生病了。
Well, hey, thank you so much for watching this English lesson about three word phrasal verbs.
好吧,嘿,非常感谢您观看这节关于三词短语动词的英语课。
I hope you were able to learn a few more verbs that you can use in your next English conversation.
我希望您能够学到更多可以在下一次英语对话中使用的动词。
Also, a big thank you to Jen for helping out.
另外,非常感谢 Jen 的帮助。
If this is your first time here, don't forget to click that red subscribe button.
如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击红色的订阅按钮。
Give me a thumbs up.
给我点个赞吧。
Leave a comment below.
在下面留下你的评论。
And if you have some time and you want to learn some more English.
如果您有时间并且想学习更多英语。
There's always more English lessons to watch.
总是有更多的英语课程可以观看。
Bye.
再见。
来源:英语东