Bob老师- 人变老了会怎样?How to Describe The Signs of Aging

360影视 2025-02-24 19:39 1

摘要:So a funny thing happens when I wear this gray sweatshirt and when the sky is gray, the color of my hair matches my sweatshirt, an

So a funny thing happens when I wear this gray sweatshirt and when the sky is gray, the color of my hair matches my sweatshirt, and the color of my hair sometimes matches the sky.

所以当我穿这件灰色运动衫并且天空是灰色时,会发生一件有趣的事情,我的头发颜色与我的运动衫相匹配,而我的头发颜色有时与天空相匹配。

And that's just one of the signs of aging.

这只是衰老的迹象之一。

In this English lesson, I'm going to talk about the signs of aging.

在这节英语课中,我将讨论衰老的迹象。

And yes, the first one is gray hair.

是的,第一个就是白发。

Now, I have gray hair in my beard and I have gray hair on my head.

现在,我的胡子已经花白,头上也有白发了。

I'm trying to remember when I got my first gray hair.

我努力回忆我什么时候长出第一根白发。

That's usually when people start to get a little bit worried that they're getting old.

通常这时候人们就会开始有点担心自己变老。

I think I got my first gray hair ten or 15 years ago.

我想我的第一根白发是在十年或十五年前。

I'm not sure.

我不知道。

But anyways, welcome to this English lesson about the signs of aging.

但无论如何,欢迎来到这节有关衰老迹象的英语课。

The first sign of aging I could think of gray hair, the same color as my sweatshirt, the same color as the sky.

我能想到的衰老的第一个迹象是白发,与我的运动衫相同的颜色,与天空相同的颜色。

So my grandfather on my mom's side of the family had a full head of hair when he was old.

所以我妈妈这边的祖父年老时头发茂密。

My grandfather on my dad's side of the family was bald.

我父亲那边的祖父是秃头。

And I'm not sure which future is in store for me.

我不知道我会有什么样的未来。

I'm not sure whether I'm going to go bald like my grandfather from my dad's side of the family or if I'm going to keep this full head of hair until I'm really, really old.

我不知道我是否会像我爸爸那边的祖父一样秃顶,或者我是否会一直留着浓密的头发,直到我真的很老。

We'll have to see.

我们得拭目以待。

But that's another sign of aging, hair loss.

但这是衰老的另一个迹象——脱发。

Men sometimes go bald as they get older.

随着年龄的增长,男人有时会秃顶。

Actually, some men go bald in their thirties, but for me, I'm just thankful so far that as I am in my early fifties, I still have a full head of hair.

事实上,有些男人在三十多岁时就会秃顶,但对我来说,到目前为止,我只是庆幸自己虽然五十出头,但仍然有一头浓密的头发。

I do think, though, that I'm balding slightly.

不过,我确实觉得我有点秃顶了。

I think there's a little piece right here where the hair is starting to get thin.

我觉得这里有一小块地方的头发开始变薄了。

Sometimes your hair thins out, and then sometimes eventually, you go bald, another sign of aging.

有时你的头发会变薄,有时最终你会秃顶,这是衰老的另一个迹象。

So if you look really closely at my forehead and around my eyes, I have a few lines and wrinkles.

如果你仔细观察我的前额和眼睛周围,你会发现有几条细纹和皱纹。

As you get older, you start to get lines and wrinkles.

随着年龄的增长,您的皮肤会开始出现细纹和皱纹。

They usually start on your forehead and around your eyes.

它们通常从你的前额和眼睛周围开始。

When I was young, my skin was smooth and it looked really, really nice.

我年轻的时候,皮肤光滑,看起来非常非常漂亮。

But as I get older, I'm starting to get lines and wrinkles, another sign of aging.

但随着年龄的增长,我开始出现皱纹,这是衰老的另一个迹象。

I even have a few lines and wrinkles on my hands.

我的手上甚至还出现了几条细纹和皱纹。

When I look at my hands, they aren't the hands I remember that I had when I was 25.

当我看着我的手时,它们已经不再是我记忆中 25 岁时的手了。

They look a little bit older, and I'm not really that old.

他们看上去稍微老一些,但其实我并没有那么老。

But anyways, another sign of aging.

但无论如何,这是衰老的另一个迹象。

You start to get lines and wrinkles on your skin.

您的皮肤上开始出现细纹和皱纹。

So it's quite bright out here.

这里非常明亮。

And when I came outside, I had my sunglasses and I must have dropped them somewhere or something because I can't find them.

当我出来的时候,我戴着太阳镜, 我一定是把它掉在某个地方了,因为我找不到它们了。

So I guess I'll just have to squint as I talk about this part.

所以我想,当我谈论这部分时,我只需要眯着眼睛看。

Oh, here they are.

噢,他们在这儿。

They were just on my forehead.

它们就在我的额头上。

Forgetfulness, that is another sign of aging.

健忘,这是衰老的另一个迹象。

As people get older, they tend to forget things a little bit more often than normal regular aged people do.

随着年龄的增长,人们比一般的老年人更容易忘记一些事情。

Again, I'm not that old, but I tend to forget things every once in a while.

再说了, 我还没那么老,但我偶尔还是会忘记一些事情。

Sometimes I go to work and I forget to take my phone.

有时候我去上班,却忘记带手机。

The other day I went to town to make a video and I forgot to take my wallet.

有一天,我去城里拍视频,忘了带钱包。

So, forgetfulness, starting to forget things.

因此,健忘,开始忘记事情。

Definitely another sign of aging.

这绝对是衰老的另一个迹象。

This is one that, yeah, I'm not really looking forward to.

是的,我不太期待这个。

I don't mind wrinkles, I don't mind going bald, but I really like the ability to remember things.

我不介意皱纹, 也不介意秃顶,但我真的很喜欢记忆事情的能力。

So hopefully as I get older, I can keep my mind really sharp and I can avoid forgetfulness.

所以希望随着年龄的增长,我可以保持头脑敏锐, 避免健忘。

So just a minute.

请稍等。

I have a text message coming in.

我有一条短信进来。

I need to read this, but yeah, I'm going to need to put on my reading glasses in order to do that.

我需要读这个,但是是的,我需要戴上我的老花镜才能读。

Ah, okay, no problem.

啊,好的,没问题。

Jen wants me to get some milk from the grocery store today.

今天 Jen 想让我去杂货店买些牛奶。

I'll have to remember to do that.

我一定要记住这么做。

Having to wear reading glasses, poor eyesight, bad eyesight.

必须戴老花镜,视力不好,视力不好。

This is another thing that is a sign of aging.

这是衰老的另一个迹象。

As we get older, our eyesight gets weaker.

随着年龄的增长,我们的视力会变得越来越弱。

Sometimes you need to wear reading glasses.

有时您需要戴老花镜。

Sometimes you need glasses to see things far away.

有时你需要戴眼镜才能看清远处的事物。

And then sometimes you get contacts so that or contact lenses so people don't know that you're wearing glasses.

有时你会戴隐形眼镜,这样人们就不知道你戴着眼镜。

For me, though, a few years ago, I had to start wearing reading glasses.

不过,对我来说,几年前我就不得不开始戴老花镜了。

I don't have horrible eyesight.

我的视力并不糟糕。

My eyesight is really good for seeing things in the distance.

我的视力很好,能看清远处的事物。

But when I read a book or when I look at my phone, I have to put on my reading glasses.

但是当我读书或者看手机时,我必须戴上老花镜。

Another sign of aging.

衰老的另一个迹象。

When I was young, I went to a lot of concerts and they were really, really loud.

当我年轻的时候,我去过很多音乐会,那里的气氛非常非常吵闹。

I also worked in the construction industry in the summers when I was in university, and we used a lot of equipment and tools that were loud.

我在大学期间的暑假也曾在建筑行业工作过,我们使用了很多很吵的设备和工具。

And I didn't always wear hearing protection.

而且我并不总是佩戴听力保护装置。

So I hope I don't suffer from hearing loss as I get older.

所以我希望随着年龄的增长,我的听力不会下降。

If Jen was to yell to me from the house right now, I'd probably say something like what?

如果 Jen 现在在家里对我大喊,我可能会说什么?

I can't hear you.

我听不见你说话。

I don't have hearing loss, but it is something that worries me.

我的听力没有损失,但这让我很担心。

It could happen to me.

这可能发生在我身上。

I also drove a lot of tractors when I was a kid and operated large pieces of farm equipment.

我小时候也驾驶过很多拖拉机并操作过大型农用设备。

Yes, I did say when I was a kid, I started driving a tractor when I was eight or nine years old.

是的,我确实说过当我还是个孩子的时候,我八九岁就开始开拖拉机了。

So right now my hearing is really good.

所以现在我的听力非常好。

But I am worried that as I get older, one of the signs of aging will be that I'll start to experience hearing loss.

但我担心随着年龄的增长,衰老的迹象之一就是我开始出现听力下降。

And we use another term as well.

我们也使用另一个术语。

You can say hard of hearing.

您可以说听力有障碍。

I hope I don't become hard of hearing.

我希望我的听力不会变得迟钝。

I hope that I keep my eyesight at least at the level it's at, and I hope that my hearing doesn't get any worse.

我希望我的视力至少能保持现在的水平,并且希望我的听力不会变得更糟。

Oh.

哦。

Oh, no.

哦,不。

That's gonna hurt.

那会很痛。

One of the things that is a sure sign of aging is that you injure yourself easier.

衰老的明显迹象之一就是你更容易受伤。

You have more aches and pains.

您的疼痛感更加严重。

If tomorrow my back is sore, I'll know it's from lifting that really big board.

如果明天我的背酸痛,我会知道这是因为举起那块大木板造成的。

But actually, sometimes at my age, I'm sore and I don't even know why I'll wake up and my knee is sore or my elbow is sore and I won't know why I'm having aches and pains.

但实际上,在我这个年纪,有时我会感到酸痛,我甚至不知道为什么我醒来时膝盖会酸痛或者肘部会酸痛,我不知道为什么我会感到酸痛。

So when you're young, you feel like you're, like you're Superman and you can do anything.

所以当你年轻的时候,你会觉得自己是超人,可以做任何事情。

As you get older, one of the signs of aging is aches and pains.

随着年龄的增长,衰老的迹象之一就是疼痛。

And sometimes they're mysterious and you're not even sure why you're feeling sore in that area.

有时它们很神秘,你甚至不确定为什么那个部位会感到疼痛。

When I was a kid, my dad would take a nap after lunch every day.

当我还是个孩子的时候,我爸爸每天午饭后都会小睡一会儿。

When I was a kid, when I visited my grandparents, they would take a nap after lunch every day.

当我还是个孩子的时候, 当我去看望我的祖父母时,他们每天午饭后都会小睡一会儿。

And I always thought this was kind of strange.

我总是认为这有点奇怪。

But now, as I get older, especially on the weekends, I love taking naps.

但现在, 随着年龄的增长,尤其是在周末, 我喜欢午睡。

Naps are awesome.

午睡真棒。

One of the signs of aging is that you are tired more often, you experience more fatigue, and so you tend to sleep a little bit more.

衰老的迹象之一是您会更经常感到疲倦,更加疲劳,因此您会倾向于多睡一会儿。

Maybe you sleep longer at night, maybe nine or 10 hours instead of seven or eight.

也许你晚上睡得更久,也许是九到十个小时,而不是七到八个小时。

And during the day, if you have a moment, sometimes you take a nap.

白天的时候,如果你有时间,有时你会小睡一会儿。

Hey, if this is your first time here, thank you, first of all, for watching this English lesson about the signs of aging.

嘿,如果这是您第一次来这里,首先感谢您观看这节有关衰老迹象的英语课。

Don't forget to click that red subscribe button.

不要忘记点击那个红色的订阅按钮。

Give me a thumbs up.

给我点个赞吧。

Leave a comment if you want to practice your English writing.

如果您想练习英语写作,请发表评论。

And have a good day. Thanks for watching. Bye.

祝您有美好的一天。谢谢收看。再见。

来源:英语东

相关推荐