摘要:What goals inspire you to work harder, to dream bigger, and to pursue your own definition of success?
Hey everyone, and welcome to TopThink.
大家好,欢迎收看《生活中的科学》。
Today, we're going to learn about the blueprint to getting motivated every day.
今天,我们将学习制定每日保持动力的计划。
Now, let's begin.
现在开始吧。
1. Actualize Your Goals What drives you forward in life?
1.目标实体化什么在推动你前行?
What goals inspire you to work harder, to dream bigger, and to pursue your own definition of success?
什么样的目标能点燃你的斗志,让你敢于追逐属于自己的成功?
Whether you're going back to school or making that terrifying leap into a new career, your future depends on your ability to stay motivated.
无论是重返校园还是转行跨界,未来成败都取决于你能否保持持久动力。
Not every once in a while.
不是偶尔奋发。
Not just once a week.
不是一周一次的雄心。
You need to stay motivated every single day.
你需要的是日日精进。
Because your future never takes a day off, every day you waste doing nothing is an opportunity that you'll never get back.
因为人生没有休假键,荒废的每一天都是不可逆的机遇损失。
It's a chance to make progress, to accomplish something new, or to push the boundaries on what you're capable of.
这是取得进步、完成新任务或突破自我极限的机会。
Luckily, there's an easy motivational blueprint you can use to keep your fire burning on a daily basis.
幸运的是,存在一套简单的动力系统能让你每天保持斗志。
By putting these strategies into action, you can boost your productivity and achieve your dreams way ahead of schedule.
践行这些策略,你的效率将飙升,梦想会提前照进现实。
The good news is, if you've made it this far, then you've already started working on your blueprint.
好消息是,如果你已经看到了这里,那么你已经开始了构建蓝图。
Because the first step to finding daily motivation is to actualize your goals.
因为找到日常动力的第一步就是将目标具象化。
In other words, you'll never find success with vague, pie-in-the-sky fantasies about your future.
换而言之,对未来抱有模糊不切实际的幻想,永远不会为你带来成功。
If you want to take your life to the next level, then you need to make your goals specific.
想要人生升级,就必须制定具体的目标。
And you need to make them real.
你需要让它们成为现实。
Okay, let's say that you love studying sea creatures.
假设你热爱海洋生物研究。
And you want to spend the rest of your life learning about the ocean.
你渴望毕生探索海洋奥秘。
You might say something like, I just want to stare at fish for a living.
你可能说,我只想靠观鱼谋生。
But that's not really a concrete goal.
而这并不是一个具体的目标。
You're not giving yourself a career path or molding a realistic future.
你没有给自己规划职业道路,也没有塑造一个现实的未来。
So what should you do instead?
那么你应该怎么做呢?
Decide right then and there to be a marine biologist.
你需要立即明确“成为一名海洋生物学家”。
Pick a specific program that you want to apply for.
选定申请具体项目。
Or find a research center that you want to intern with.
或是锁定心仪的研究所实习机会。
Because the more concrete you are, the more ingrained those goals become in your future.
目标越具体,就越能根植于你的未来。
They're not just fantasies or pipe dreams anymore.
它们不再是幻想或白日梦。
They're definitive stages in your life.
它们是你人生中明确的目标。
Stages that you're slowly but surely working your way towards.
那些你正稳步坚定趋近你的人生目标。
That alone can be a huge source of motivation.
这种确定性本身就会迸发惊人的驱动力。
Many people are intimidated by feelings of aimlessness.
许多人因迷失方向而怯步。
You don't know where you're going.
你不知路在何方。
You don't know if you're making the right calls.
你不确定选择是否正确。
So you hesitate and you stop pushing.
于是你在犹豫中停滞。
But when you actualize your goals and view your life in concrete stages, then your life doesn't feel aimless.
但当你实现目标,将其具象为一个个具体阶段,你便不再感到迷茫。
It feels fixed and organized.
你会获得笃定且做事条理。
You know what it takes to reach your goals.
你清楚实现目标需要付出什么。
So you know, for the most part, that you're heading in the right direction.
因而在多数情况下,你知道自己正朝着正确的方向前进。
That powerful mindset is the perfect foundation for the rest of your blueprint.
这种强大的心态是你实现蓝图其余部分的最佳基础。
But it also gives you this unique feeling of stability, which plays a huge role in your daily motivation.
它还将赋予你独特的安定感,这正是日常动力的关键燃料。
So actualize your goals.
所以实现你的目标吧。
Make them as specific as you can, because every concrete decision creates a more powerful vision of your future.
尽量具体的制定目标,每个具体的决定都能塑造出一个更加强大的未来图景。
2. Routine Missions In the next part of your blueprint, you're going to incorporate short-term objectives called missions into your daily life.
2. 常规任务在你人生蓝图的下一部分,你需要将短期目标——我们称之为“任务”——融入日常生活。
A mission is something that you're trying to accomplish right now.
任务就是你此刻正努力完成的具体事项。
Earlier, you outlined specific goals for your future, right?
还记得之前你为未来制定的具体目标吗?
Well, each mission is going to take you one step closer to those goals.
每个任务都会让你离目标更近一步。
Some missions will only take you a couple of days.
有些任务可能几天就能完成。
Other missions will require weeks of time and effort.
有些则需要花费数周的时间和精力。
But all of your missions will push you to the next stage of your long-term plan.
但所有任务都会推动你向长远计划的下个阶段迈进。
Now, before you start setting daily missions, there are two important things that you need to remember.
在开始制定每日任务前,请牢记两个重要原则。
First, you need to keep your missions both doable and demanding.
首先,任务难度需要确保任务既可行又具有挑战性。
This idea is called the Goldilocks Rule.
这被称为“金发姑娘准则”。
You don't want your missions to be too big, or you'll lose motivation.
你不想让任务过于艰巨,这会打击积极性。
You'll destroy your own productivity.
这会摧毁你的效率。
But if your missions are too small, you won't make any real progress, and your work ethic will fade.
但任务若太过简单,你就无法取得实质进展,你的工作热情也会逐渐消退。
So it's critical that you find a happy medium.
关键在于找到合适的平衡点。
A mission that's just right.
一个恰到好处的任务。
In other words, you want to create missions that offer you a challenge without making you feel overwhelmed.
换言之,任务既有挑战性,又不至于让你不堪重负。
The second important thing to remember is this, you should be thinking about your mission every single day.
第二个原则是:每天都要思考你的核心任务。
Many successful people incorporate their missions into their daily routine.
众多成功者会将任务思考纳入日常仪式。
First thing in the morning or right before bed, they take a few minutes to hone in on their current objective.
晨起或睡前花几分钟时间思考当前的目标。
They use that time to track their progress and remind themselves where this mission is going to take them.
他们用这个时间审视进展,提醒自己这个任务将引领去往何方。
Thinking about your mission for as little as 10 minutes a day can help you stay motivated, because it keeps your eye on the prize.
每天哪怕只花 10 分钟思考任务,也能通过持续的目标感保持动力,因为这让你时刻聚焦任务。
Now, keep in mind that your mission and your to-do list are very different things.
要区分任务和待办清单的本质不同。
To-do lists contain everything from chores to busy work.
待办清单包含琐事与繁忙工作在内所有事项。
You use them to keep track of the things you want to do and the things you have to do.
你可以用于记录“想做”和“必须做”的事项。
While some of those responsibilities might nudge you closer to your long-term goals, that's not really the point of a to-do list.
虽然其中一些责任可能会使你更接近长期目标,但这并不是待办事项清单的重点。
Missions, on the other hand, are always substantial steps toward your future.
而任务永远是通向未来的实质性步骤。
Now, your blueprint started with large-scale, long-term goals.
你的蓝图始于宏观的长期目标。
These goals give you direction and purpose.
这些目标指明了方向和目的。
But routine missions help you step on the gas and gather momentum.
日常任务则是踩下油门、积蓄势能的实际行动。
So start incorporating missions into your daily routine, because each mission will make your motivation that much stronger.
现在就开始将任务融入生活吧,每一个认真完成的任务,都会让你的动力引擎更强劲地运转。
3. Create Inspiration You know where you're going, and you know how to get there.
3.创造灵感你已明晰目标,也知晓路径。
So now, it's time to get inspired.
那么此刻,正是点燃灵感的时刻。
To put yourself in a creative and productive state of mind.
让自己进入充满创造力与效率的心流状态。
Hmm, but this can be tricky.
但这可能有些棘手。
If you're not used to finding inspiration, you may not know where to look.
若你不习惯寻找灵感,或许会迷失方向。
Many people search for their muse in all the wrong places.
许多人在错误的地方寻觅缪斯:
They visit time wasters like the internet and social media.
他们沉迷网络与社交媒体的时间黑洞。
They sink hours into mindless entertainment, or invest tons of money into things they don't need.
他们耗费数小时在无意义的娱乐上,或是挥金如土购买不必要的物品。
But instead of inspiring you, these distractors hold you back.
这些干扰非但不能激励你,反而会阻碍你。
They decrease your motivation and take time away from your mission.
它们会降低你的积极性,占用你完成任务的时间。
Maybe time wasters aren't your problem.
或许你的问题不在于消遣。
Maybe you make this very common mistake instead.
也许你犯了这个常见错误。
Lots of people use inspiration as an excuse to procrastinate.
很多人把等待灵感当作拖延的借口。
They'll stall for days or weeks at a time.
有人会停滞数日甚至数周。
But if you ask them why, they'll say they're just waiting for their next great idea.
当被问及时,他们只说在等待灵光乍现。
Successful people know that inspiration doesn't randomly fall into your lap.
成功者明白:灵感不会凭空降临。
You have to actively find ways to inspire yourself.
你必须积极寻找激发自己灵感的方法。
You have to discover people, places, and ideas that light your fire.
你必须主动搜寻能点燃你灵感之火的人、地点和想法。
That's why the next part of our motivational blueprint is to find inspiration.
因此我们的激励蓝图的下个部分就是寻找灵感。
Every single day, you need to set aside some time in the morning or evening to acquire new knowledge or explore new perspectives.
每日早晚你都要预留时间吸收新知识,或探索新视角。
Stimulating your mind is one of the best ways to get inspired.
激发思维是最佳灵感源泉之一。
So, whenever you're stuck in a rut, read, play brain games, or listen to a new speaker or podcast.
因而当你陷入僵局时,不妨阅读书籍、玩益智游戏、收听新锐演讲或播客。
If mental stimulation isn't your thing, quiet reflection can also be incredibly inspiring.
若不喜欢脑力刺激,那么静思冥想同样能为你带来绝妙的灵感。
Many people use yoga and meditation to tune out the world and focus solely on their thoughts.
许多人通过瑜伽或冥想隔绝外界,专注内在思绪。
Even a stroll through nature can be a much-needed source of mental clarity.
即使自然漫步也能让你的头脑更加清醒。
Okay, if you still don't know where to start, you can also use your long-term aspirations as a jumping-off point.
若仍不知从何开始,不妨以长期愿景为一个起点。
You've spent some time refining your goals, but you're probably not the first person to set them.
你花费时间所打磨的目标,早有先行者实现过。
Chances are there are several successful people who have already paved the way.
有可能就有成功人士已经为你铺平了道路。
So, listen to their advice and try to follow in their footsteps.
因此,聆听他们的建议,并努力追随他们的足迹。
Because years ago, those successful people were stuck in the same position that you are right now.
因为多年前,那些成功者也曾像你现在这般落入困境。
They sat at home, wondering what the future had in store for them.
他们坐在家中畅想未来。
But they found their inspiration.
但他们找到了灵感。
They chased their passions.
他们追随热爱。
And they realized their dreams.
他们让梦想照进现实。
So, let their journey inspire you to embark on a journey of your own.
现在,让他们的征程激励你踏上自己的旅程。
4. Celebrate it on time.
4.把握庆贺时机
For the fourth and final section, let's talk about celebration.
在最终篇章里,我们要探讨及时庆祝。
After you've completed a challenging mission or satisfied a long-term goal, there's one thing you should always do.
当你完成艰巨任务或实现长期目标时,有件事情你一定要做。
Reward yourself.
犒赏自己。
Because rewards encourage you to keep achieving.
因为奖励会鼓励你继续实现目标。
They push you to put in the long hours and encourage you to make the right sacrifices.
它们促使你投入漫长时间,鼓励你做出必要牺牲。
When your self-discipline starts to slip, rewards are also a quick and easy way to get yourself back on track.
当自律开始松动时,奖励是将你拨回正轨的快速而见效的方法。
But many people make the mistake of celebrating too early.
但多数人常犯提前庆功的错误。
Okay, let's say you just finished a project that you've been working on for months.
假设你刚完成历时数月的计划。
To reward all your hard work, you could start by telling people about it.
奖励自己辛勤工作,你可以先告诉人们这件事。
You could show your project to your friends and family.
你可以与亲友展示计划。
Because their support will give you even more motivation moving forward.
因为他们的支持能让你获得更多前进的动力。
But what if you haven't finished yet?
但如果你还没有完成呢?
What if you've just started working toward your goal?
如果你刚刚开始朝着目标努力呢?
It's tempting to spill the beans right off the bat.
人们常因兴奋过早透露计划。
When you're excited about a project, you want to brag about it to everyone who will listen.
当你对某个计划感到兴奋,就想向所有愿意听的人炫耀。
But this bad habit actually hurts your motivation.
这种坏习惯反而会削弱你的动力。
Why is that?
为什么会这样呢?
Well, because you're rewarding yourself for something you haven't earned.
因为你是在奖励自己尚未获得的东西。
You're celebrating a goal that you haven't accomplished.
你正在庆祝尚未取得的成就。
And without that reward, you'll have less motivation moving forward.
没有奖励,你前进的动力就会减少。
So, if you want to build your daily drive, then just keep your accomplishments under wraps.
所以,如果你想培养你的日常动力,那就把你的成就藏在心底。
Think of it like practicing self-control.
这就像锻炼自制力一样。
You could tell people right away.
你本可以迫不及待告诉别人。
You could take credit for something you haven't finished.
你为尚未完成的事邀功请赏。
And it might feel good for a little bit.
短暂的满足感或许令人愉悦。
But instead, you're resisting the urge.
但相反,你选择克制欲望。
And you're focusing on the long term.
将目光投向更远的未来。
This will not only preserve your motivation, it'll make your big reveal that much more rewarding.
这样做不仅能守护你的动力,更会让最终成果的揭晓绽放加倍的成就感。
来源:英语东