摘要:Well, self-love is a simple and, at the same time, complicated process.
Hey everyone, and welcome to TopThink.
大家好,欢迎收看《生活中的科学》。
Today, we will learn about loving yourself with ten easy tips for self-care.
今天,我们将通过 10 个简单的自我关怀技巧来学习如何爱自己。
Now, let's begin.
现在我们开始吧。
So, what does it mean to love yourself?
爱自己意味着什么?
Well, self-love is a simple and, at the same time, complicated process.
自爱是一个简单而又复杂的过程。
At its core, loving yourself just means caring for your own needs and desires.
从本质上讲,爱自己意味着关心自己的需求和欲望。
It means respecting yourself, practicing self-compassion, and understanding yourself at a deeper level.
这意味着尊重自己,实践自我同情,并更深入地了解自己。
In other words, loving yourself means accepting yourself for who you are.
换句话说,爱自己就是接受真实的自己。
Sometimes, we confuse self-love with negative qualities, like self-interest and egotism.
有时,我们会把自爱与自私、利己主义等负面品质混为一谈。
But loving yourself is anything but selfish.
但爱自己绝非自私。
In some ways, self-love is the foundation of meaningful relationships.
在某些方面,自爱是有意义的人际关系的基础。
Because, when you practice loving yourself, you can better understand what it means to love someone else.
当你学会爱自己,你就能更好地理解爱别人的意义。
There are many ways to practice self-love, which teach us to be kinder and more respectful toward ourselves.
有很多方法可以练习自爱,教会我们如何善待自己,如何尊重自己。
What's important is finding habits and self-care routines that work best for you.
重要的是找到最适合自己的习惯和自我护理方法。
Along the way, you may need to change how you act toward yourself.
在此过程中,你可能需要改变对待自己的方式。
You may be challenged to reexamine the expectations that you place upon yourself.
可能需要重新审视自己对自身的期望。
On your journey into self-care, you may face difficult questions and emotional obstacles, but with these ten easy tips, you can love yourself the way you want and deserve.
在自我护理的旅途中,你可能会遇到棘手的问题和情感障碍,但只要遵循这十条简单的建议,就能以自己想要和应得的方式爱自己。
1. Cultivate Self-Compassion Many people get angry when they make mistakes.
1.培养自我同情心许多人会在犯错时感到愤怒。
They feel like they let themselves down.
他们觉得自己辜负了自己。
They reprimand themselves for coming up short and failing to perform when it mattered most.
他们因在关键时刻表现不佳而自责。
But this toxic dynamic not only harms their self-esteem but it damages their relationship with themselves.
但这种有害的动态不仅会伤害他们的自尊心,还会破坏他们与自己之间的关系。
It's important to remember that mistakes are what make us human.
重要的是要记住,错误让我们成为人类。
Often, we forgive mistakes when others make them, but we don't show ourselves the same compassion.
通常,我们原谅他人的错误,却对自己毫不宽容。
If you want to love yourself, you need to be kind to yourself.
如果你想爱自己,就必须善待自己。
Forgive your failures, insecurities, and weaknesses.
原谅自己的失败、不自信和弱点。
Treat yourself with the compassion you extend to others, and you may see yourself in a whole new way.
用对待他人的同情心善待自己,你可能会以全新的方式看待自己。
2. Reclaim Your Time How much time do you spend on yourself each day?
2. 重新安排时间您每天有多少时间留给自己?
We give time to our jobs. We make time for friends and family. We spend hours cleaning our homes, running errands, and doing chores.
我们为工作付出时间,为朋友和家人腾出时间,花数小时打扫房屋、处理杂务和做家务。
With all these responsibilities taking up our time, we forget to make time for ourselves.
在承担所有这些责任的同时,我们却忘了为自己留出时间。
If you want to love yourself, then you need to make time for yourself.
如果您想爱自己,就必须为自己留出时间。
Sometimes, it's as simple as that.
有时,事情就是这么简单。
Set aside a block of time every day just for you.
每天留出一段属于你自己的时间。
Reserve these precious minutes for the things you love most.
将这些宝贵的时间留给你最喜欢的事情。
You might enjoy a creative hobby. You might stretch, exercise, or journal.
你可以培养一种创造性的爱好,做做伸展运动、锻炼身体或写写日记。
Maybe all you want to do is quiet your mind and calmly focus on your breath.
也许你只想让头脑安静下来,专注于呼吸。
What's important isn't how you use these blocks of time, only that you spend them loving yourself.
重要的是你如何使用这些时间,而不是如何度过它们。
3. Celebrate Your Individuality Many people are embarrassed of their quirks and idiosyncrasies.
3. 彰显你的个性很多人对自己的怪癖和特质感到尴尬。
They don't want to stand out from the crowd.
他们不想在人群中脱颖而出。
And as a result, they criticize everything about them that makes them unique.
因此,他们批评自己独特的一切。
Whether you realize it or not, your authentic self-expression is extremely important.
无论你是否意识到,真实的自我表达是非常重要的。
Your quirks distinguish your point of view from everyone else in the world.
你的怪癖使你的观点与世界上其他人的观点有所不同。
They shape how you experience your life and they make your perspective both valuable and different.
它们塑造了你的生活体验,使你的观点变得有价值且与众不同。
So, instead of hiding your quirks, celebrate them.
不要隐藏你的怪癖,而是要赞美它们。
Be glad you are different from everyone else because those differences make you who you are.
为自己与他人不同而感到高兴,因为这些差异造就了独一无二的你。
4. Eliminate External Noise We live in a distracting world.
4. 消除外界干扰我们生活在一个令人分心的世界里。
We're surrounded every day by screens and media that fight for our attention.
每天都有屏幕和媒体在争夺我们的注意力。
We get messages from people who need things from us, and we have responsibilities that weigh on our minds.
我们需要关注那些需要我们帮助的人,还要承担各种责任。
As long as we're connected to the world, it's difficult to think clearly or turn our attention inward.
只要我们与世界保持联系,就很难清晰地思考或把注意力转向内心。
But these are important aspects of caring for yourself.
但这些都是照顾自己的重要方面。
What we need is time to disconnect from the world.
我们需要的是与世隔绝的时间。
We need to separate ourselves and into liberate our minds so that we can understand ourselves with clarity and perspective.
我们需要抽离自我,解放思维,从而清晰客观地认识自己。
By disconnecting from external distractions, we not only find peace of mind but also make space and time for other things that we value.
通过与外界的干扰隔绝,我们不仅可以找到内心的平静,还可以腾出时间和空间去做其他有价值的事情。
You don't have to disconnect all the time, but we should all find moments to separate from everyday distractors.
我们不必一直与世隔绝,但应该抽空与日常干扰隔绝。
For example, you might turn off your phone for an hour and just enjoy some time screen-free.
例如,你可以关掉手机一个小时,享受没有屏幕的时光。
You might get away for the weekend to clear your head and put your mind at ease.
你可以周末出去走走,让头脑清醒,放松心情。
Disconnecting isn't always easy, especially from our daily devices, but it's a great opportunity to love and learn more about yourself.
断开连接并不总是那么容易,尤其是断开与日常设备的连接,但这是一个了解自己、爱自己的好机会。
5. Remember the Little Things In romantic relationships, you don't need sweeping gestures or expensive treats to show you love someone.
5. 记住小事在恋爱关系中,你不需要大动作或昂贵的礼物来表达对某人的爱。
And caring for yourself works the same way.
关爱自己也是如此。
Instead, we communicate love in the little things that we do every day.
相反,我们每天都在用小事来传达爱意。
For example, every time you wash your hair and trim your nails, you're showing yourself love.
例如,每次洗头和修指甲时,你都在表达对自己的爱。
A short nap in the afternoon or a walk around your neighborhood are all meaningful gestures and forms of self-care.
下午小睡一会儿或去附近散步都是很有意义的举动和自我护理的形式。
So, cherish the little things that often get overlooked.
因此,请珍惜那些经常被忽视的小事。
Express gratitude for every effort that you make to support your health and happiness.
感谢自己为健康和幸福付出的每一份努力。
On the surface, these things may not seem important.
从表面上看,这些事情似乎并不重要。
But the smallest pleasures, like a hot shower or a warm meal, end up meaning the most.
但最微小的快乐,如热水澡或热腾腾的饭菜,最终却意义非凡。
6. Reconnect with nature There's something to be said for the healing power of fresh air.
6. 与自然重新建立联系清新的空气具有治愈功效,这一点毋庸置疑。
Reconnecting with nature is an enjoyable and even cathartic experience for many people.
对许多人来说,与自然重新建立联系是一种愉悦的体验,甚至是一种宣泄。
We spend so much time indoors, staring at screens, that we often lose sight of the natural beauty all around us.
我们大部分时间都待在室内,盯着屏幕,以至于常常忽略周围自然之美。
Even a brief outdoor adventure can provide us with a sense of perspective, clear our minds, and ground us in the present moment.
即使短暂的户外探险也能让我们开阔视野、理清思绪,并专注于当下。
As a form of self-care, try to enjoy time in nature whenever you can.
作为一种自我保健的方式,请尽可能享受在大自然中的时光。
You may hike through a beautiful landscape or play an outdoor game with your friends and family.
您可以徒步穿越美丽的风景,也可以与朋友和家人一起玩户外游戏。
Maybe you just want to lay in the grass and enjoy the feeling of sunshine on your skin.
也许您只想躺在草地上,享受阳光照在皮肤上的感觉。
Whether you move, play, or relax, spending time in nature reminds you how lovely life can be.
无论您是运动、玩耍还是放松,在大自然中度过时光都会让您意识到生活是多么美好。
7. Elevate Your Environment Your environment has a significant impact on how you treat yourself.
7. 提升环境环境对您的自我认知有着重要影响。
For example, if you're surrounded by negative influences, you're more likely to discourage and criticize yourself.
例如,如果您身处负面环境,您更容易沮丧和批评自己。
On the other hand, if your environment is inspiring, motivating, and supportive, your relationship with yourself may grow and improve.
另一方面,如果您的环境充满激励、鼓舞和支持,您与自己的关系可能会得到改善。
So, how do you change your environment so that it positively influences your state of mind?
那么,如何改变环境,使其对您的心态产生积极影响呢?
The trick is to surround yourself with things that brighten your life.
诀窍就是让自己置身于能照亮自己生活的事物中。
For example, seek out motivational media and inspiring stories.
例如,寻找激励人心的媒体和鼓舞人心的故事。
Build a network of supportive individuals who encourage you to be the best version of yourself.
建立一个由支持你的人组成的网络,鼓励你成为最好的自己。
All these factors influence how you think and feel, as well as your perception of yourself.
所有这些因素都会影响你的思维和感受,以及你对自我的认知。
If you make your environment more positive, your mindset will follow.
如果你让环境变得更积极,你的心态也会随之改变。
8. Pamper on a Budget Many of us are wary when it comes to treating ourselves.
8. 预算内宠爱自己我们中的许多人对待自己时都很谨慎。
We often avoid luxuries and rewards because we don't want to waste our money or time.
我们经常避免奢侈和奖励,因为我们不想浪费金钱或时间。
When we want something, we focus on the costs and risks instead of treasuring personal experiences.
当我们想要某样东西时,我们关注成本和风险,而不是珍惜个人体验。
If you want to love yourself, don't be afraid to treat yourself every once in a while.
如果你想爱自己,不要害怕偶尔犒劳自己。
It's okay to allow certain luxuries and pleasures; in fact, giving yourself little rewards may cultivate a stronger work ethic and higher self-esteem.
偶尔享受一些奢侈品和快乐也是可以的;事实上,偶尔犒劳自己可以培养更强的职业道德和更高的自尊心。
What's important is finding a balance between personal pleasure and responsibility.
重要的是要在个人快乐和责任之间找到平衡。
Luckily, there are many great ways to pamper yourself without breaking the bank.
幸运的是,有很多方法可以尽情宠爱自己,又无需花费太多。
For example, you might give yourself a massage or relax for a while in a hot bath.
例如,你可以给自己做个按摩,或者泡个热水澡放松一下。
You could treat yourself to a special home-cooked meal or a bouquet of freshly cut flowers.
你可以犒劳自己一顿特别的家常菜或一束新鲜的花。
These experiences are not only affordable, but they're also more meaningful and fun.
这些体验不仅经济实惠,而且更有意义和乐趣。
9. Reinforce Healthy Boundaries Is there a person in your life that drains your energy?
9. 加强健康的界限生活中是否有一个让你精疲力竭的人?
Too often, we spend time humoring negative people that damage our state of mind.
我们经常花时间取悦那些消极的人,这损害了我们的精神状态。
For example, you may have an acquaintance that (who) bosses you around or criticizes your decisions.
例如,你可能有一个熟人,他总是对你指手画脚或批评你的决定。
These draining people not only waste our time but they stop us from loving, supporting, and caring for ourselves in the right ways.
这些令人精疲力竭的人不仅浪费我们的时间,还阻止我们以正确的方式爱自己、支持自己和照顾自己。
Identify the people in your life who bring you down and wear you out.
找出生活中那些让你沮丧和疲惫的人。
These people may spread their negativity or take advantage of your kindness.
这些人可能会散布消极情绪或利用你的善良。
But you have the power to change toxic, draining relationships.
但你有能力改变这种有害且令人精疲力竭的关系。
The key is to set healthy boundaries and actually enforce them.
关键是要设定健康的界限并切实执行。
If someone is sapping your energy, show your commitment to self-care by keeping them at arm's reach.
如果有人正在消耗你的精力,那就保持距离,表明你对自己照顾的承诺。
Once we set them, it isn't always easy to preserve our boundaries, especially around pushy people, but maintaining boundaries is how we love and protect ourselves.
一旦我们设定了界限,要维护起来并不容易,尤其是面对那些咄咄逼人的人,但维护界限是我们爱护和保护自己的方式。
10. Create a Comfortable Space Many people don't have a space where they feel comfortable and relaxed.
10. 创造一个舒适的空间很多人没有让自己感到舒适放松的空间。
At all times, they keep up their walls and stay on their guard because no environment feels safe enough for them to be themselves.
他们时刻筑起心墙,保持警惕,因为任何环境都无法让他们感到足够安全,无法做自己。
As an act of self-care, take a hard look at where you spend your time, like your room or apartment.
作为自我保健的一种方式,请仔细审视自己度过时光的地方,比如你的房间或公寓。
Does that space reflect who you are? Does it make you feel comfortable and relaxed?
这个地方是否反映了你的个性?是否让你感到舒适放松?
If the answer is no, don't worry.
如果答案是否定的,不要担心。
There are many simple changes you can make to create a personal haven, a place that is special and relaxing for you.
您可以做出许多简单的改变,打造一个属于您的个人天堂,一个特别且放松的地方。
To start, surround yourself with things that make you smile.
首先,用能让你微笑的东西来装饰你的空间。
You may choose colors that lift your mood, or textures can help you unwind and feel at home.
你可以选择能提升心情的颜色,或者选择能让你放松和有家的感觉的材质。
Items like books and artwork can also excite and inspire you.
书籍和艺术品等物品也能激发你的灵感。
Little by little, collect things that bring you happiness and let your space be a reflection of you.
一点一点地收集能带给你快乐的东西,让你的空间成为你的写照。
Thank you for watching TopThink and be sure to subscribe because more incredible content is on the way.
来源:英语东