雅思Keith老师- 与困难和挑战相关的习语 IELTS Speaking lDlOMS

摘要:Christine, where can you buy the cup?

Going to come up to idioms, which means it's time for this.

要谈到习语了,这意味着是时候开始了。

How to learn them.

如何学习它们。

Christine, where can you buy the cup?

克里斯汀问 —— 你可以在哪里买到这个杯子?

I think the answer must be obvious.

我想答案一定很明显。

Go to Cambridge University.

去剑桥大学。

That's where I bought it.

我就是在那里买的。

great. Where can I buy the cup?

太好了。我可以在哪里买到这个杯子?

Now then, where are we?

那么,我们现在在哪里?

So, let me take you off there, Christine, because we're going to be looking at these.

所以,让我带你去那儿,克里斯汀,因为我们要看这些。

I'm going to look at three idioms related to challenges and problem solving. Can you guess them?

我将要看三个与挑战和问题解决相关的习语。你能猜到它们吗?

Here is the first idiom.

这是第一个习语。

Oh dear, oh dear.

哦,天哪,天哪。

First idiom coming up, Number one. Ready?

第一个习语来了,第一条。准备好了吗?

What is this?

这是什么?

Just write your answer in the chat.

只需在聊天中写下你的答案。

Well, very, very interesting, right?

嗯,非常非常有趣,对吧?

So, the answer there was, lots of you got it, is to hit the nail on the head.

所以,答案是——很多人都说对了——就是“一针见血”。

Notice, you can't say, to hit the nail.

注意,你不能说“to hit the nail”。

That doesn't really mean anything.

这个含义解释不通。

To hit the nail, no.

“to hit the nail”——不行。

You must say, to hit the nail on the head, right?

你必须说,“to hit the nail on the head(一针见血)”,对吧?

The head is the top.

头是顶部。

And it's to get the perfect answer or solution, basically.

基本上就是得到完美的答案或解决方案。

So, remember we're talking about problem solving.

所以,记住我们在谈论问题解决。

You hit the nail on the head when you said the government needs to change direction.

当你说政府需要改变方向时,你一针见血。

You hit the nail on the head. You got the perfect answer.

你一针见血。你给出了完美的答案。

Now, other idioms that some of you said was "to nail it".

现在,其他一些你们提到的习语是“to nail it(做得很好)”。

And that means to do something, whoops, to do something perfectly, which is similar.

这意味着做某事,哎呀,完美地做某事,这很相似。

To nail it.

做得很好。

You nailed it.

你做得很好。

You will nail it, is to do something perfectly.

你将会做得很好,就是完美地做某事。

So, it's a similar related thing.

所以,这是一种相关的相似表达。

Somebody mentioned "to nail down".

有人提到“to nail down”。

And yes, and "to nail down" is to fix.

是的,“to nail down”就是固定。

Let's nail down some dates.

让我们确定一些日期。

Let's fix some dates.

让我们固定一些日期。

Or let's nail down some ideas, is to fix something.

或者让我们确定一些想法,就是固定某件事。

So, we can also say that.

所以,我们也可以这么说。

But that's not really about challenges or problem solving.

但这并不真的与挑战或问题解决有关。

Okay, lovely, great ideas.

好的,太好了,很棒的点子。

You're really good, you guys.

你们真棒。

Very, very good.

非常非常好。

Let's have a look at the next idiom.

让我们看看下一个习语。

That was number one.

刚刚那是第一条。

Here is number two.

这是第二条。

What is this?

这是什么?

Remember, it's connected to challenges and problem solving.

记住,这与挑战和解决问题有关。

Wow, great ideas, guys.

嗯,哇,大家的想法真不错。

So, there are so many possibilities.

所以,有很多可能性。

The one I'm thinking of is "to be up against the wall". Right?

我想到的就是“to be up against the wall(走投无路)”,对吧?

If you look at it, he is there.

如果你看一下,他就在那儿。

He is up against the wall.

他被逼到墙角(走投无路)了。

Not easy and not clear.

这不容易,也不清楚。

I know, not very, very clear.

我知道,不是非常清楚。

But, to be up against the wall. Up against the wall. Is to be in a difficult situation with no easy solution.

但是,to be up against the wall——被逼到墙角。就是指处于一种没有简单解决方案的困难境地。

So, when you face a challenge and it's really difficult.

所以,当你面临一个挑战,并且真的很困难时。

You can be up against the wall.

你可能会走投无路。

For example, I was up against the wall when my boss moved the deadline forward one week.

例如,当我的老板把截止日期提前一周时,我就走投无路了。

So, the deadline was next week.

所以,截止日期是下周。

He moved it forward to this week.

他把它提前到这一周。

I was up against the wall. Right?

我走投无路了,对吧?

Difficult situation.

困难的处境。

Very similar idioms.

非常相似的习语。

To have your back to the wall is the same thing. Right?

“To have your back to the wall”是同样的意思,对吧?

To be up against the wall. Have your back to the wall. It's the same.

走投无路。是一样的。

To be between a rock and a hard place.

处于进退两难的境地。

You're between a rock and a hard place.

你处于进退两难的境地。

It's the same.

是一样的。

You're against two walls, if you like.

就像是被两面墙夹住。

It's very, very difficult.

这非常非常困难。

You're in a difficult place.

你处于一个困难的地方。

你处于进退两难的境地。

It's in a difficult situation.

处于一种困难的境地。

So, these three all mean the same thing.

所以,这三者的意思都是一样的。

And very, very good to use in this context. Right?

在这个语境中使用非常非常好,对吧?

Very, very relevant.

非常非常相关。

Some of you had other idioms that I'll just add.

你们中的一些人还有其他习语,我会补充一下。

Because one or two of them… I mean, they are great.

因为其中一两个……我的意思是,它们很好。

There are so many. Right?

有很多,对吧?

Related to that picture. That are related to challenges.

与那张图片相关的词。与挑战相关。

To rack your brains was a good one.

“To rack your brains(绞尽脑汁)”是一个不错的习语。

To rack your brains is to think hard of a solution.

“To rack your brains”就是努力思考解决方案。

To rack your brains.

绞尽脑汁。

Mind-blowing.

令人震惊。

Something is mind-blowing.

某件事情令人震惊。

Yes. Something's difficult.

是的,某件事情很困难。

To blow your mind is to amaze you.

“To blow your mind(令人震惊)”的意思是让你惊讶。

It can be positive and negative.

可以是积极的也可以是消极的。

It blows my mind.

这让我震惊。

It's amazing.

太神奇了。

It's great.

太棒了。

Or something is so stupid or so difficult it blows my mind.

或者某件事情愚蠢得令人震惊,或者太困难了。

So, it can be both positive and negative. Okay.

所以,它可以是积极的也可以是消极的,好吧。

But these are different, really different idioms. But there were lots of them.

但是这些是不同的,真的不同的习语。但它们有很多。

To blow off steam was a good idiom.

“To blow off steam(发泄情绪)”是个好习语。

To brainstorm. Yeah.

头脑风暴。没错。

There are lots of other idioms there.

那里还有很多其他习惯用语。

I don't want to get into too many to confuse you.

我不想说太多,以免让你困惑。

But let's leave them there. That's great.

但我们就停在这里。太好了。

On to the next idiom.

接下来是下一个习惯用语。

Number three is this one.

第三个是这个。

Oh, and look.

哦,看看。

The sun is coming out.

太阳出来了。

What a surprise.

真是个惊喜。

What on earth is this one?

这到底是什么?

Fatma: too hard.

法特玛说:太难了。

Maybe. Maybe. But listen. Some of you have absolutely got it.

也许吧。但听着。你们中的一些人完全明白了。

And it was "to pull out all the stops".

那就是“全力以赴”。

You can see in there that the person is pulling the stop signs out on the road.

你可以看到那个人正在把路上的停车标志拔出来。

So, this one was meant to be to pull out all the stops.

所以,这个习惯用语的意思是“全力以赴”。

Which means to do everything possible to overcome a challenge.

这意味着尽一切可能克服挑战。

If you want to find the origin of that idiom, you can join my 150 idioms course because it's one of those that I explain in there.

如果你想找到这个习惯用语的起源,你可以参加我的 150 个习惯用语课程,因为这是我在里面解释的其中之一。

So, to do everything possible, everything you can, you give all your energy to overcome the challenge.

所以,尽一切可能,尽你所能,你全力以赴以克服挑战。

For example, to meet the deadline, we pulled out all the stops and worked through the weekend.

例如,为了赶上截止日期,我们全力以赴,周末都在工作。

Made a big, big effort, right?

付出了很大的努力,对吧?

To pull out all the stops.

全力以赴。

Somebody said "to remove the roadblocks" is also possible.

有人说“to remove the roadblocks”也是可以的。

It's another kind of expression.

这是一种不同的表达方式。

To remove the roadblocks.

去除障碍。

I think that's less common as an idiom, but you can say it.

我认为这作为习惯用语不太常见,但你可以这么说。

We also use that, right?

我们也会使用这个,对吧?

去除障碍。

I'm such a perfectionist, aren't I?

我真是个完美主义者,不是吗?

You can tell.

你可以看出来。

Get the right font.

选对字体。

It's the same idea.

这是同样的意思。

I mean, if you look at the picture, the idea of you've got hurdles, you've got… No, it's a different idea.

我的意思是,如果你看这张图片,想法是你有障碍,你有……不,这是一个不同的想法。

Sorry, it's a very, very different idea.

抱歉,这是一个非常非常不同的想法。

To remove the roadblocks is to remove the hurdles or obstacles.

“To remove the roadblocks”就是去除障碍或阻碍。

So it's a… Sorry, it's a very different idiom, different meaning, excuse me.

所以这是……抱歉,这是一个非常不同的习惯用语,不同的意思,抱歉。

But I can see why from the picture you have the same.

但我能理解为什么看图片你会有相同的感觉。

Others that came out.

其他的也出来了。

There were a few others that were similar.

还有一些其他的类似的。

Don't give up.

不要放弃。

Stop and look.

停下来看看。

Keep going.

继续前进。

All of these, but yes.

所有这些,但没错。

So those are the key ones that we've got.

所以这些是我们拥有的关键习惯用语。

Excellent. Good.

很好。不错。

Those are the idioms.

这些就是习惯用语。

What is coming up next?

接下来是什么?

Well, coming up next, let's have a look.

好吧,接下来,让我们看看。

Switch from idioms.

切换到习惯用语之外。

I think it's a listening bingo.

我想这是一个听力宾果游戏。

来源:英语东

相关推荐